November 21, 2014 | 1601 users online

Treatments (Face) - Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I bought this because of the reviews and high recommendations of the skin and mu boards... I am so glad that I finally found it and tried it. I started having some allergy and acne problem. The combination of both just made my skin look like a disaster... I am not sure whether it was hormonal or something I used or ate but within two months, my face was almost unbearable to deal with. Do not expect this to be a miracle drug that could affect your skin immediately... You have to at least give it 2 weeks to see the results. Within a couple of days however, your will notice the better texture of your skin. Your skin becomes smooth and your pores become as small as possible. The redness and acne condition gradually go away. The fine wrinkles would disappear too. The last but not the least, this product is so inexpensive. I have bought products 20 times more expensive than this but they did not work as well. This product addresses and cures a lot of skin problems. I absolutely love it and I will use it for the rest of my life-

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 7:54:00 PM More reviews by daniebug4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product after reading the reviews and various posts on the skin care board. I went to my local Walgreens and found 2 tubs of it, so I snagged both. I have been using this product for 2 months now and I will continue using it. Before I had constant red and inflamed skin with very noticeable laugh lines around my mouth. After use, my skin has cleared up, it's now more even skin tone, and the redness has drastically dissapeared. The laugh lines are less noticeable, and I have a slight glowing, dewey look to my skin. I will continue to use this product and repurchase. I'm very happy with the results. After this 2 month use, I believe maybe my skin is getting used to it, so I will add it to my morning skin care routine and see if that makes a difference. But then again, my skin could be reacting to stress. I will let you know.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Auntie_Von

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful beauty bargain at $6. The W Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream is helpful for anti-aging as well as acne. My face feels smooth and moisturized after I use it. (There is no scent.)

The cream seems be be absorbed rather than forming a layer that peels off like the acne.org alpha hydroxy gel I purchased.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by demureninja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this up after failing to find the Alpha Hydrox brand products, which had been recommended to me by a friend who has lovely skin. I think I paid about $6 for the giant tub at Walgreens, so it was a good deal considering how spending other AHA seem to be. The texture of the product is kind of sticky and glue-y, and despite using it for about 2 months in a row, it never failed to sting my skin when I put it on. I can't recommend this product because not only did it not keep my skin from breaking out or seem to reduce any little wrinkles, I found it to clog the pores on my face and make visible blackheads on my nose and around my chin, which was never an issue before using this! It also caused my skin to become oilier in general, and the fact that the product remains sticky/tacky for awhile meant I had to slap it on before bed and then try not to touch my pillow or blankets. Overall, this didn't have a positive reaction with my skin (although admittedly, I have sensistive, combo, acne-prone skin), and seemed to make it worse while I used it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by hannebash

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! It cleared up my skin from a horrible breakout (hormonal) and causes practically no irritation. I'm very glad to have stumbled upon the reviews-this was a winner for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by blubellcows

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I read the positive reviews on PV, and I bought this hoping for a miracle. It is a thickish cream, glueish in texture and scent. It burned after I put it on, but unlike other products, this burn did not translate into a reduction in acne. On the other hand, it simply increased my number of whiteheads and clogged pores. At first, I thought it was my skin purging, but as the acne got worse and worse, I finally threw the product away. I've got extremely oily, acne-prone skin, and I do believe the thickness of this cream was what exacerbated the problem. I may look into this for use in the extremely cold winter months, but for now, I'm staying far, far away.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by maritesRN

Thanks to all the reviews, I lemmed about purchasing this and am glad I did. The summer wreaked havoc on my skin...My chin broke out crazily and my oil glands went haywire. Bought this about three days ago for 5.99 at Walgreens and feel a difference already in my skin' appearance. Read the find printing and you'll see that the company who make this is owned by Neostrata, a company who truly specializes in AHAs. Try it for 5.99...can't lose and if it doesn't work on your face you can try it on dry areas on your body

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thank you MakeUpAlley! I would never have known that this product existed if it weren't for you. I found it no problem at my Walgreen's and it's some of the cheapest miracle-in-a-tub I have found. My skin is uber oily and I'm always leary of using creams, but this works fine for me. I use it at night on my face in additional to my skin care regimen. Warning - don't use it around the eyes or you'll look like the crypt keeper!

That being said, this works great on other parts of the body as well! I use it when I get out of the shower on the backs of my shoulders and my lower cheeks to keep everything smooth and baby soft. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by bchristine

I LOVE this stuff. I'm on the acne.org regimen and I use this every night as a moisturizer after I use the acne.org Treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide). It has really helped with my acne AND acne scarring. My face looks bright when I wake up. Keep in mind that LESS IS MORE. Or else it will itch terribly. You can also use it as a spot treatment. The only con I can think of is that it balls up sometimes, not too bad though. It might just be because I use a lot of the acne.org treatment. Definitely try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2009 9:01:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For the money you can't beat it. It has really made my skin look clearer and smoother and I am just getting done with my first jar. I also use it on my arms and hands and have to say that is where I have noticed the biggest change. My skin texture has smoothed out, crepiness is going away..in general, my hands and arms look younger after many years of sun damage on them. I have spent so many years worrying about my face and completely ignored my dear old arms and hands up until about 3 months ago when I realized my face was looking pretty damn good and my arms were looking like grandma's!!
Happy to report with the help of this cream, my arms are starting to look their age!!
I will be switching to Alpha Hydrox Soufflee for my face but will keep buying the Walgreens AHA for my arms due to it works and it's cheap.....can't beat it for 5 and some change!