L'Oreal Refreshing Eye Make Up Remover

2.4

Water, Hexylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Allantoin, Magnesium Laureth 8 Sulfate, Magnesium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Oleth Sulfate, Magnesium Oleth Sulfate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, FIL

on 1/27/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

The only thing I like about this product it's oil free. However, I had stingy eyes after using this because I was rubbing my eyes so much. This remover won't remove your make up unless you rub them many times. I won't purchase this again. -_-

on 12/1/2008 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This took off my Lorac eye shadows and Anastasia brow powder well but it was a huge disappointment for my eye liner (revlon colorstay). I lined my upper lash line and this make up remover could NOT remove the eyeliner! And I had only been wearing the eyeliner for 1 or 2 hrs!

on 11/19/2008 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Prety good makeup remover, but I prefer wipes.

on 11/5/2008 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This isn't very good at all. It takes a lot of scrubbing and rubbing just to get off regular eyeshadow and liner, forget about waterproof liner or mascara. It stings a bit if you rub too much, so I usually wind up going to bed with half my makeup still on and wake up in the morning with smudges under my eyes. What's the point, right? I won't be purchasing this again.

on 10/15/2008 12:51:00 AM

This is an OK makeup remover. It removes my eyeshadow with at least three wipes. It leaves my eyelid red from the many attempts. I do experience a slight burning sensation for a split second when it touches me eye. It's not too painful, just uncomfortable. I would not purchase this product again. The only thing good about this is that it's oil-free. I recommend Cinique's eye remover.

on 9/21/2008 11:25:00 PM

This makeup remover is awful! It doesn't even remove my eyeshadow, much less my mascara. The bottle is awkward to use. It also burns my eyes, not very refreshing.

on 8/15/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this makeup remover because it does not leave an oily residue on my eyelids after using it. I can even use it in the morning before doing my makeup and can apply eye makeup afterwards without it sliding off my skin (which happens to me with most other eye makeup removers). Its gentle and does not sting my eyes or irritate my skin at all. It has a clean feel to it, which is nice.

on 7/19/2008 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I've used Lancome's remover for years but found this in the back of a drawer I was cleaning out last night. Couldn't remember why I shoved a nearly-full bottle back there so I used it and then I remembered. At least one eyelash on the cotton ball. As I recall, it happened every time. Not effective. I've heard some people say this is the same as Lancome's b/c one company owns the other, but the ingredients are very, very different. And so is the performance!

on 5/8/2008 5:26:00 AM

This is the first eye makeup remover I've tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I find that it works fine for taking off non-MAC eyeshadow (comes off in a couple of swipes with a tissue dipped in it). MAC eyeshadow seems a bit more stubborn and takes a few more wipes. It is really crappy at taking off eyeliner and waterproof mascara, though; it basically just smudges them around and gets them under my lower lashline. I then have to dip a few Q-tips in the solution and rub underneath my eyes to try to get the dark makeup off, but it still doesn't work very well, and I end up having dark shadow/smudges underneath my eyes for a couple of days. I also don't like having to scrub the Q-tips underneath my eyes because the skin there is so delicate that I don't want to be tugging at it.

The packaging is cute (a little blue bottle), but I agree that the mouth is too wide. I either put a tissue completely covering the mouth and do a quick pour, or I tilt the bottle a little and then swab a Q-tip on the inside of the bottle near the top to pick up a little of the solution. I do think it would be easy to accidentally knock over and spill, but I haven't spilled mine yet. It seems to be lasting a long time.

It only stings if I seriously have solution dripping off the tissue or Q-tip into my eyes, and even then the stinging is gone after a few blinks. I suppose my biggest problem with this is that it doesn't take off dark eyeliner/mascara well, so I will not be repurchasing so that I can try out different products to see what works better.

on 4/5/2008 6:56:00 PM

*Update* A month of using this product, even with regular moisturizer and eye cream, made my eye area dry up and break out in hives. It looked like I had bug bites all over my eyes. I eliminated all over possibilities,(bad eye makeup, irritating mascara) and this was the cause. Stay away!!!!!