Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 5/22/2012 12:48:00 AM

Very smooth and pigmented product! Value for money and the quality is superb. Very fine and a little goes a long way. This product is my HG even powders like MUFE, MAC are not as good as this......I LOVE IT!!!!

on 5/11/2012 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Am HUGE on Setting powders cause unfortunately I have OILY skin!!!
I have tried everything from NARS to Palladio and although the price is a bit steep this is still by far the BEST Setting POWDER ever!!! It sets everything.. DIMINISHES my small pits and big pores...
it stays matte for a pretty decent amount of time.. lets be honest.. NO powder will make an oily face stay matte FOREVER.

THIS makes my skin look super smooth and soft to the touch.
cause i hate my foundation feeling sticky on my face..
I am on my 3rd container.. decided to shop around and test other powders cause chanel is a bit pricey.. but this still tops it all!!! even the MUF matte is not as finely milled as this..

BEST BEST POWDER for oily, sensitive, acne prone skin!!

on 4/24/2012 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the pressed compact version because it's way easier to travel with and to take in your handbag. This powder is so beautiful. Not cakes, no white cast, it doesn't make all this little invisible hairs on your face stand out, it doesn't add a heavy layer to your face. It is magic, light weight, hides pores and diminishes shine. But it doesn't make your look unnaturally matte. Just lovely natural finish. Gosh I love this powder...go try it.

on 4/12/2012 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i bought this powder 2 weeks ago from sephora and i like it so much! i decided to take 40 dore translucent 3, it is a bit darker than 30, my regular channel colour, but it gives a nice finish touch to the make up and the skin is getting a slightly tanned colour. generally i put make up for ever primer, teint innocence channel foundation and then this poweder using mac brush, then little blush. really great combination. i would buy it again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really love this powder. I don't generally buy HE powders as I have found that the 1.99 one I get from Boots is almost identical to the Clinique loose powder so dropping the extra cash didn't seem worth it.
I decided to treat myself to this though, and I'm glad I did. It is the finest texture I have ever used, which is good for my oily nose and large pores. It is a good colour match - but then translucent powder normally is! I think the pot it comes in is lovely, although a bit cumbersome for travel. I prefer the puff that it comes with it to the brush the Clinique one comes with.
All in all, if I'm feeling flush I would buy this again. Otherwise, my 1.99 powder is perfectly adequate.

on 4/3/2012 9:01:00 AM

My mother used to use this powder all the time and I had no idea what a treasure she possessed until I bought it in January. I knew she used it every single day and it was enough for her for 1 and a half year! I love this powder. It is invisible but it gives me radiance and fixes my foundation for a long time. It is not very good for touch ups as it really needs the foundation to stick to but it makes me beautiful for a long workday. During the day I prefer my Chanel pressed powder for touch ups. The packaging is exquisite, but I prefer using my own Chanel powder brush for the application. I will keep buying this product until its discontinuation or the end of my life.... :-)

on 2/9/2012 1:31:00 PM

ok so I love this powder, it gives you such a flawless face but the shade that the MA suggested and i bought so does not match my skin, it gives me a sort of a tan look when i am going for a natural look and it looks like i am wearing bronzer all over my face. The shade Dore is too dark for my skin. I dont know what i should do to make it look more natural-any suggestions? Someone said that there isnt much difference between the shades so maybe this shade is ok? If anyone has this powder in shade natural and would like to swap; this is more for people with medium/darker skin. I just opend mine so i cant take it back to change the colour so i would only swap with someone who haven't used theirs that many times (max 5x use).

on 2/2/2012 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The greatest loose powder ever! I love it's consistency, application and finish - all of this make it the best loose powder out there for me! I have it in #20 Clair and it makes wonderful complexion. Highly recommended!

on 1/5/2012 9:41:00 PM

This is one of my two favourite powder (the other one being Guerlain Meteorites). This powder does an excellent job of settling my makeup; while it gives me a more made up look than Meteorites, it does make my skin tone looks more even. I use a powder brush instead of the puff - I put some powder into a sandwich bag, dip the brush into it and dust off the excess before applying the powder to my face. The powder seems to disappear after an hour after application and my skin just looks naturally beautiful. Will definitely repurchase again.

on 1/3/2012 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG status! Of the very many loose powders I've tried, Chanel's Poudre Universelle has got to be the best. It is so exqusitely fine-milled & as light as air, setting your make-up perfectly. Light-reflecting particles give a radiant, air-brushed look & blurs imperfections. I sometimes get dry patches on my skin & it never accentuates them like some other powders do. Same goes for fine lines - it doesnt settle into them but instead seems to subtly fill them out. As for shine control, I only need to blot once throughout the day, but oily types may need to more often. Some say the puff is useless but I think it's perfect for dispensing the right amount of product each time. I just tip the jar upside down to release the product onto the puff & then pat it on my face. I repeat this process a few times to cover my whole face & then finish off with a quick dust of my powder brush to smooth it all in. Works perfect everytime & uses hardly any product. It may seem pricey at first but the jar will last you ages! Definately worth every penny. A luxurious product that truly works. Definately will buy again & again (although a jar lasts me over a year) :)