August 20, 2014 | 2092 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

After much trial and tribulation, I have finally found my HG loose powder! Chanel's Poudre Universalle Libre is a very fine powder that melts into your skin, giving a soft-focus/blurred effect in photos as well as in real life. While the color range could stand to be improved the color I *do* have (40 Dore / Translucent 3) is translucent and neither leaves a white or orange cast to my skin. Staying power is decent, and you'll need to touch up 4-5ish hours later, but the effect as it wears off is dewy rather than shiny. Thanks to this and Chanel's Perfection Lumiere (and a better skincare regiment) I've quit wearing concealer. Yes it's quite expensive, but the quality is definitely there. I buff in with a fluffy kabuki brush--I use Too Faced's retractable kabuki. HG and highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

So disgusted that i spent so much money on this product. I was expecting a lovely silky luxurious powder for the price I paid. Instead I got a horrible chalky feeling loose powder . I hate the feel of it on my skin . Its probably the worst powder I have ever bought or tried. I cant return cosmetics here so I am stuck with this horrible stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

I use (20:claire) Good for setting foundation. A bit too transparent to use alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

My favorite loose powder was discontinued by MUFE (of course!), but I wisely jumped on Chanel's loose powder in Dore before I started using my last MUFE jar. My NC35 Eurasian skin is so reactive to powders that I am very particular. I am so pleased to report that this powder delivers on all counts: it is very fine, doesn't settle into pores, doesn't break me out, and leaves a beautiful finish which works for everyday use as well as for photo and video shoots. I thought Dore would be too dark, but it works nicely with my skin tone and gives it a touch more oomph without looking makeup-y. I also have Translucency 2 for when I want to go more neutral. The jar is enormous and goes a long way so even though this is a bit costly, it is worth the investment.

I already have re-purchased this product and will do so again and again...this is my new HG!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by jackdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I dont wear foundation and have worn guerlain terracotta powder for years, I fancied a change but did not want any heavy duty cover. After some research on mua I decided on Poudre Universal Libre in Dore as it still gave some colour. OMG this is amazing, I lightly dust over my anthelios fluide spf50 sunscreen, a bit of blush and thats it. I now have that golden polished look i have always dreamed of, my skin is soft and flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by girliepinkme

There are really just not enough great things to say about this loose powder. This is definitely HG status for me and a product I will NEVER live without.
More details - http://girliepinkme.blogspot.com/

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 3:52:00 AM More reviews by piellelux

The texture is unbelievably soft and beautiful. It makes your skin look beautiful in pictures (I have very acneic skin and for some reason, my sister always ask me why my skin looks nice in photos and not in person). There is a subtle shimmer but it's barely noticeable. Gives a hint of brightness to the skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

amazing good coverage and not cakey makes your skin look flawless :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. Have used this for the past year, great for fixing foundation. Also use over moisturiser as a quick 'run out the door' look, which I find works very well. Skin looks flawless and even. Will repurchase when in years to come it will eventually run out!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by sohvi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this one in Peche Clair, which is a very light apricot colour. When I bought this, me and the saleswoman were debating whether I should get the Clair or the Peche Clair. While my skin is really fair, I have problems with redness around my nose. Plus I have to be careful with not looking too deadly. For foundation, I'm using Vitalumière in Clair right now-while I like its dewy look, you definately need powder to set it. So we settled on the Peche Clair because it gave me a more "healthy" look.
It's perfect with my foundation (which can sometimes be a tad too dark/yellow, but makes my skintone look super healthy), really perfects it. This combo photographs very well. The Poudre universelle libre seems to have sort of an airbrushing effect, I do not know how to describe it properly. It diffuses light in the most flattering way. The scent is light, almost non-detectable.
BTW, I don't use the puff that comes with it. I use a powder brush. I brush it over my foundation, put on my blush and set my blush after that as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No