October 23, 2014 | 1716 users online

Conditioner - Nioxin - Scalp Therapy

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2004 9:19:00 PM More reviews by grouchie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this product for my hair (used along with Bliss) but boy...it STINKS!!!! Even now my hair still stinks (I washed it earlier today).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2004 8:56:00 PM More reviews by sunniva

This product has done incredible things for my hair. I had to wait a month or 2 to see the results, but was persistent, since the friend that recommended it said to be patient. Lo and behold, i started growing new hair...soft fine hair along my browline, and spikes of hair on top. I have baby fine hair and after moving to the desert southwest my hair seemed even finer, dryer, with lots of hair coming out in my brush...i wish i found this product long ago cause now i look in the mirror and am like WOAH...i have more hair, it grows faster, looks REALLY healthy. unsure if it works for everyone, but its worth a try if you want a nicer head o locks! UPDATE: after using nioxin a long time everyday, I have *more* hair on my head. I have received comments from stylists, co-workers, even Mom "you have fine hair but a LOT of it" I no longer have to tease at the roots to make my hair look decent. This is coming from someone who has has short hair all her life, because my hair was so sparse and fine. My hair is now shoulder length and looks great! I'm not sure how or why this works and not sure it works for everyone, but this product is my #1 HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2004 5:09:00 AM More reviews by jaimmie

Love this! My scalp feels tingly because of the mint in this product and the line definately helped with hair regrowth for me. be patient, it does really take about 3 months to see results.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2004 9:38:00 PM More reviews by yovivbabe

This is my favorite of the Nioxin products that I've tried--very happy with it. After rinsing, my hair feels unusually supple and soft, without feeling limp. I'm not using it for thinning hair, but it does seem to prevent excess shedding on my clothes and in my brush. I wish I had found this stuff sooner.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2004 3:06:00 PM More reviews by sonasgael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another on-the-fence review. I do like the scent, and this is a nice balance between moisturizing and detangling for me. However, when combined with the Bionutrient Protectives shampoo, my hair seemed flat, lifeless, and full of buildup. I actually prefer using this conditioner with other shampoos, but due to the price I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2004 7:45:00 PM More reviews by aileenie

I've just started using the Nioxin line after so many rave reviews. Been about 3 weeks on the products. So far, haven't noticed much of a difference. Definitely haven't stopped shedding! The price is very expensive for my budget, and the smell is horrible. Some like the mintiness, but it reminds me of herbal medicine. My sister even smelled it from afar. Other major downside, doesn't detangle my hair at all. I have to use the M&S conditioner in addition. The (pull-up) bottle not so convenient either. But since it's only been a few weeks, I'm willing to go till I run out and write an updated review. Plus side - Protectives Cleanser Shampoo. Definitely noticed the clarifying effects right away! Try the Moisture & Strength, super soft with just a little drop.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2004 2:50:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Wow! This stuff really rocks and is especially good for fine-haired or thinning haired ladies, without be medicinal like Rogain. The smell is minty bliss and I love the tingly feeling it delivers on the scalp. In my opinion, as good as the rest of the line is, this is what really does it. This conditioner is the centerpiece of the line, as it is supposed to be the most potent and it really packs a punch!!! Another winning product from Nioxin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2004 10:29:00 PM More reviews by miladymajor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Another winner from Nioxin! When used with the Bionutrient Shampoo, this leaves my scalp oil-free and gives my hair great volume. I love the minty smell and tingly feeling my scalp gets - feels kind of like a mini spa treatment for your hair! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2004 8:05:00 PM More reviews by carre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i use scalp therapy in conjunction with the bionutrient protectives cleanser. after using these products for 3 months, both have made a huge difference in the look and feel of my hair- i no longer lose hair by the pile and my hair seems so healthy. i think that the trick with scalp therapy is to only use it on your scalp and use a separate conditioner for the rest of your hair or even over the scalp therapy (right now i like using wella lifetex depth charge with it). needless to say, i use this every time i wash and i love how it smells, how it leaves my roots conditioned but not oily and how much body it gives my hair. will not be without it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2003 6:26:00 PM More reviews by gatinha321

I've used this off and on for the last 3-4 years but it hasn't been until this year that I started using Nioxin more consistently. I used to work in a hair salon as a SA and went through extensive Nioxin training when we began carrying it. My DH has been using it since he dated me while I was an SA. But I was never all that intrigued enough to use it on my own hair. I have to say though,
I love scalp therapy! It makes your scalp feel spectacularly minty and it makes my hair feel the way it does when it's freshly cut. It does a pretty good job of detangling as well. This is great stuff!