September 30, 2014 | 1853 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 4:15:00 PM More reviews by ChristmasMom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought my Yachiyo brush from Neiman Marcus several months ago. I love it! I use pigmented blushes, like Chantecaille's Thrill and MAC's Pink Swoon. This brush delicately picks up just the right amount of pigment. It works beautifully. I tried it with Guerlain's Meteorites but the Yachiyo tended to pick up and drop whole ballz so I cancelled using it for Meteorites. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mayrei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a Yachiyo brush that I got from eBay, which, to be honest, may or may not be fake. Other brushes from the same seller were verified by NARS sales associates, but it's still possible that this is a just a very good fake. Either way, it's a fantastic brush. I didn't pay any more for it than I would have for any other good blush brush, so it was worth what I paid.
~
This is a light and delicate blush brush with a slightly tapered dome shaped head that cups your cheek perfectly. Somehow it picks up only the tiniest bit of powder in one swipe, and this prevents you from accidentally applying too much blush at one time (something I'm very bad about). It blends like a dream, too. I always felt like blush looked a little awkward on me and it was so hard to get it applied and blended just right so that it looked natural. This brush makes it incredibly easy.
~
The Yachiyo currently retails for $50, and if you can afford it and are a fan of blush, it's definitely worth it. If you don't mind the possibility of getting a fake (but possibly still decent) brush, you can get them for half that on eBay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Jaysta1985

I have mixed feelings about this brush. It has quite a unique design with it's delicate bamboo stick..
I have used this brush as a blusher for roughly 1.5 months now and I have washed it 3 times. Maybe its the MAC brush cleanser not doing it's job but I find the brush a lil scratchy sometimes ... next time I will try to wash it with baby shampoo and see if it improves. This brush was very expensive!! $98 AUD ... we always get overpriced NARS products in Australia :(

I think the brush is hand made so I find the shape not symetrical? Don't get me wrong It's a good blusher, just not good enough for 5 lippies. For the price you can get much better blush brushes elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 11:16:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Ok, so, I kind of feel bad ruining the straight 5 star reviews on this but I feel like I must. Four stars, one star off for price. Don't get me wrong, I do love this brush. It has the perfect shape for applying blush and the bristles are soft while being stiff enough to distribute product evenly on the cheek. However, I have to say that it isn't worth $50. It's made in China like every other brush these days, and it has already shed 2 big bristles. I think that was just the intial "new brush" shedding that many brushes go though, since it hasn't lost any other bristles since then. However, I have yet to wash it and I'm a bit worried about that. I'm not saying that this brush is bad by any means, but, in my opinion, a brush "worth" 50 dollars has to be life changing. It is great because it is very easy to use, but think you can get the same application by *carefully* using an angled blush brush. Yachiyo delivers the same application but within a shorter time, if that makes sense. If you have the money to spend, and want a brush that will apply your blush quickly and beautifully, definitely get a Yachiyo. I would buy again, but wouldn't say it is an essential brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Maja66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An excellent review.

Well...got the brush today and it's a FAKE!!! I compared it to the one on bloomingdales

(close up) and this one is clearly a "wanna be". I'm sad and feel betrayed. I wrote the seller and expect prompt action.

I purchased this along with a Trish McEvoy tapered blending brush # 29 and the seller only charged me $5 for shipping.

Total: $32.11
Savings: $49.89 (not including shipping if I purchased both online)

SWEET :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2009 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pinktini007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the best blush brush ever. You can't do wrong with it. Just buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by deeceecee

Wow! Where has this brush been all my life! I agree with everyone else, it just seems perfect! A bit pricey, but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by roselovesmakeup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I saw the review on this brush minutes ago, so I decided to add my two cents worth as well. I love, love ! this brush it gives the most perfect application of blush to your cheeks, fluffs it thoroughly and its very precise to the area you want to put the bush,and it air brushes your face with color, like no other brush can do with such ease.It is worth the money! All other Nars brushes are ok, but this one is a definite winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by xoxmissjxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is no way I'm going to pay 50 for a blush brush...so I bought it on ebay for like 27. It works pretty well for applying the blush nicely on my face. I didn't apply to well in the beginning but after getting used to it I really learned to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by PinkFlamingo

The other reviews are true. This is the best blush brush out there. A must for everyone, worth every penny!