April 25, 2014 | 1133 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by DrZoidberg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A staple in my bathroom. Some of the things I use it for:
== a few drops on damp body skin will hydrate like nothing else. It absorbs rapidly - faster than most lotions, and leaves skin soooo soft.
== deep cleansing of my face. I apply just a few drops to a dry face. Massage in and follow with any foaming cleanser and a warm, wet washcloth. Over time, pores appear smaller and skin will benefit from such thorough, gentle cleansing. I am acne prone and this has NEVER broken me out. Not once.
== removes mascara with ease. Before your normal cleanser, smear a little oil on your fingertips. Very gently massage lashes between your fingers to "loosen" mascara. You can also use it on your eyeliner. Then use your normal cleanser to rinse away the oil/makeup.
== put a little on a cotton bud to clean your ears.
== try a little baby oil for removing sticky residue on the skin from a bandaid.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Shillise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the Aloe Vera and Vitamin E baby oil.

I can't believe how many uses it has! You can use it before a shower to soften your skin, in the shower as a shave cream, after a shower as a moisturiser and as a eye makeup remover! - not to mention all the home uses it has (just google it!)

I think next time I will try the gel version, this one can get a little messy! I'd also like to try coconut oil after reading all the reviews on here.

I have very very dry cracked skin and this is just heaven, since using it I have found my skin has been soft, smooth and stays hydrated all day long (unlike other moisturisers). I usually use it in the shower, then apply a small amount just before I get out and then sit in my bathrobe while it soaks into my skin.

For $9 (approx) for 500ml it is a good buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 6:55:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

My DD learned a trick in the Navy-this is great for getting paint off your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I loooove this baby oil! I specifically use it to remove my mascara at night because I find that it's tricky to completely remove everything from your eyes without leaving a residue. Make SURE you do not get this product in your eye because it will completely distort your vision (as it did mine) just an FYI :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by DeliaDelyons

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I uses J&J Baby Oil in Shea & Cocoa Butter for shaving. I have never gotten a closer shave or had such mositurized legs after shaving using any other product. I will always keep a bottle in my bathroom for in-shower use.

Not too fond of using out of the shower though... too greasy....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by RochelleRoyalty

-----Pros:-----
Great as makeup remover(for eyes&face)
Cheap(about $3 for 20oz~@ Target)
Doesn't burn
Versatile

-----Cons:-----
None

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is absolutely no need for eye makeup remover if you have baby oil in the house. Put some on a cotton ball, press it to your eye, then wipe it away. It's a great makeup remover because it removes almost every trace of makeup. It's cheaper than eye makeup remover as well. The bottle lasts a long time, too. A must-have!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by combatmedicwife

This one gets an emphatic "NO" from me- on all accounts and usages.
It's only 2 ingredients? Mineral oil and fragrance. NEXT!
It does NOT prevent or treat wrinkles as a previous reviewer stated- maybe only for the fact it will seal in moisture and a moisturized face develops less wrinkles than a dry face over time. Any facial cream or lotion can do this and more- and not at the expense of breaking you out like a hormonal teen.
I used some as a body oil after showering. It sealed in moisture alright: but at the expense of leaving me feeling greasy and full of filmy residue to get all over my clothes.
I can't even use this as a MU remover because ANY left over on the skin causes majorly clogged pores! Might as well use canola oil instead! Blech.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by JamieMonroe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use the baby oil, Coconut oil and Vitamin E oil For moisturizers and they all work so Great!! I haven't used the Baby oil in along time b/c i like the Vitamin E oil better!! Before i ran into the Vitamin E i used the baby oil all the time and When i got out of the shower i used baby Oil and it made me really smooth but when i squeezed it out it was so MESSY and i get it all over the place!!! I loved shaving my legs and then putting this all over me it made my legs so soft. When i used baby oil i would take baths and i use to put baby oil in my bath water and soak in it!!! but when i got out of the bathtub and drain all the water out i had to take a clean washcloth and put soap on the washcloth and clean the baby oil off the tub!!! B/c if you do not do this the next day you will forget you put baby oil in the tub and fall on your butt and that hurts, so after me falling on my butt a couple times i remembered do do this!!! I haven't bought Baby Oil in a long time since i discovered vitamin E oil it is just like the Baby Oil but there is no Residue like baby oil and i just like my Vitamin E better:P

How ever the Baby oil takes forever to soak in my skin so if i rub the oil on my body i have to take a towel and get the residue of me or things will stick to me!!! That is why i started using my Vitamin E Oil and rub it on me..It makes me sooo SOFT and it doesn't have the Residue like Baby Oil!!! I LOVE MY VITAMIN E better then the baby oil!!! I LOVE shaving my legs and then rubbing this all over my legs and it makes me soooooo SOFT all day and then when i go to bed i do NOT want to get out of bed in the morning b/c my soft soft legs feels good on the sheets and blankets:P

I have NOT tried this as a Eye Makeup Remover i have heard about it along time ago and wanted to try it but i have not bought Baby Oil in a while since i discovered Vitamin E Works better:P I might try the Baby Oil as a makeup remover but i really dont know if i want to b/c if it get's in my hair it will make it really greasy and Baby Oil is like waterproof it doesn't come off lol so i might have to think about this one!! You would get alot in a bottle and it would last you alot longer then real makeup remover, i might just try my Vitamin E as a makeup remover b/c that will come off and it does not have the Residue like Baby oil:P

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Who doesn't love baby oil? Of course, we all love it,

However, I no longer use this - I've replaced it with Coconut Oil. Everything Baby Oil does, coconut oil does better - removes eye makeup, moisturizes skin, can use as a hot oil treatment on hair, can use as a leave in for hair before styling, can use for oil rinsing for whiter teeth, a lubricant without irritation that can also prevent yeast infections, anti-inflamatory properties and kills athletes foot while keeping feet pretty and soft, and if you eat it boosts your immune system, helps you lose weight, increases energy, and kills bacterial infections. You can cook with it and improve heart health, use it for body massages, scalp massages...the list goes on, and on, and on.

If you dont believe me, look it up. Coconut Oil is just as cheap as J&J Baby Oil - and is only $4 on Vitacost - seeing the value in a huge 16oz jar of it, there hasn't been baby oil in my home for years. It now reminds me of melted plastic that just sits on my skin.

But I have fond memories of it. And its a great alternative to goo gone for getting those price stickers off of plates from TJ maxx. So, 4 lippies for being good, but its not the best! :)