September 30, 2014 | 1858 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mholli88

I'd buy it if I couldn't afford my better primer. This has the same active ingredient as most primers however ALL INGREDIENTS ARE NOT THE SAME, thus, it is NOT the same product!

It does feel like the same consistency and goes on smooth when applying, however within an hour I I have to reapply my make-up.

I'm pretty sure it just feels like primer but does not have the same effects as primer. My makeup does not look as smooth as when I've used other actual primers.

Overall though, It was $5 at Wal-Mart so it's ok if you're in a pinch or just want to give it a try for yourself.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by arkindt

idk why everyone raves about this stuff. it's crap. yes it has dimethicone but that and it's consistency are all it has in common with smashbox pf. it made my skin slightly smooth but not for long. it did nothing to minimize my pores or to make my foundation last longer. honestly, it seems like it caused my foundation to fade faster. weird, i know.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by JSLondon

Now I don't know how to live without it! It's such a wonderful product that leaves my skin all smooth and fair. One day I found my skin super oily after I applied my foundation and I got all frustrated until I realized it was because I forgot to use this. I'll definitely keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by djimenez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided not to use this as a face primer because all the reviews regarding it causing breakouts scared me. I used it as an eye primer instead. IT'S AWESOME! It made eyeshadows and liners go on smoothly and stay there. I applied it one morning, layered a bunch of eyeshadows that crease on me horribly, and checked it that night. Looked perfect! I decided to sleep in it to give it the ultimate test. Next morning, eye makeup still looked flawless! I can't believe how awesome this works and the amount it comes in will last you a couple years. You only need a pea size amount for the entire eye area. Works better and is much cheaper than my other eye primers such as Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. Will definately purchase again :)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does make your makeup go on smoothly and look good, but it honestly does not help with staying power. The only reason that I didn't give this a good rating is because it made me break out too much! I absolutely HATE HATE HATE HATE ACNE and usually don't get it too bad but this definitely made a difference.

Will not buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by asianbebydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Multi purpose in a box ! I love this stuff but not for what it is intended for lol.. I use it for a primer under my make up and it works wonders I am extremely oily and this keeps my pores looking smaller and keeps my make up on all day it is cheap and has many uses DEF CHEAPER THAN OTHER PRIMERS OUT THERE

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Funnygiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is another one of those products that I buy a backup for. It's my miracle line filler. I am 25 but have fine laugh lines and have had them since I was in highschool. I have used smashbox and the bare minerals primer and benefit porefessional and this is the best. It is very comparable to smashbox at a fraction of the cost. I have VERY sensitive breakout prone skin and retin-a makes my face peel, but this really helps to even out the texture so that my bare minerals foundation applies wonderfully. This has the Same (active) ingredients as the smashbox primer but with more of the filling silicones so I think it does a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 4:20:00 AM More reviews by rosenkreutz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It's great as a face primer. I apply it before any of my makeup and it makes my skin noticeably smoother and moreover, matte. Even on days where I don't wear makeup, I always apply sunscreen and that can make my skin look oily. However, I apply this on top and it makes my skin matte - it's great! I have no issues with my makeup when I wear this underneath. It lasts a while - I'm only on my second tube from using it within a year and it's reasonably inexpensive as well (I order it off eBay as I live in Australia). I will continue to use this as a face primer as it works for me and I find no reason to change to another one when this does a great job. I'll definitely continue to repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by RoseeO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how it felt on my skin, but it made my oily skin more oily. Sucks because i really wanted to like it. It worked great for my mom though, she has normal skin so I gave it to her. Now I use milk of magnesia as a primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great alternative to other more expensive primers from brands like Smashbox, Make Up For Ever, etc. It has basically the same ingredients as them, costs less, and has more product! It works well at keeping my foundation on for a few more hours without completely sliding off. When I first tried it out, I was amazed at how incredibly smooth and soft it was! I use it all over my face except for my chin, because it's flaky, full of acne, and I don't want to make it look worse. It's mattifying, foundation goes on more smoothly, and as far as I know, it hasn't made me break out. At $6 for 1.5 ounces, it's truly a gem. :)