Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 3/21/2013 1:35:00 AM

I purchased this after buying Benifit's Porefessional, and this preforms better in my opinion! It acts the same way to hide my pores, makes a great all-over primer (I don't use it on my eyelids, though), it doesn't cause me breakouts, does not feel heavy, has no scent. I definitely recommend this $6 item over more expensive face primers. Give it a try. I will buy again and again!

Also, it does work good as a chafing gel, which was it's intended purpose!

on 3/15/2013 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this product. I use it as a primer before my makeup. It glides so smoothly on my skin. I see a huge difference on my t-zone when I wear it. My t-zone doesn't get as oily through out the day. Give it a try, it's an affordable primer.Update-i stopped using it it started o break me out.

on 3/9/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I just got so tired of my face looking a bit greasy after sunblock application... and my makeup fading off too quickly that I decided to give this a try. I picked it up at CVS because I had a 20% off coupon (and their return policy it great- I figured if I hated this, I could always return it). The morning after I bought it, I felt quite skeptical about it. I squirted out some clear thick goo and thought to myself- oh, this is definitely being returned. But then I smoothed it over my face and it immediately turned into liquid power and literally instantaneously all shine and greasiness disappeared. I have never been so impressed by a product. My face looked smooth and matte (but not dry). I was thrilled. I can now pile on the greasiest sunblocks and if I just smooth this on afterwards, any shine disappears. And this glides on like liquid silk. My makeup holds up better and applies more evenly when I use this too. It provides a dry, smooth foundation for application. Wonderful stuff!

on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This didn't stop my eyeshadows from creasing terribly. But when I apply it after my lotion and sunscreen, it's great in keeping my face from being sticky and greasy.

on 3/4/2013 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I read about using this awhile ago as a makeup primer and I thought wow that is weird. Let me just say it works. I have used many primers from cheap $3 ones to $40 dollar ones. I love the Monistat Gel. It goes on really smooth, almost velvety. Not greasy and I have really oily skin so this was a concern for me. It does not clog pores. I have sensitive skin and this does not make me break out or get a rash. My $40 primer just sits in the drawer now. I love it!

on 3/3/2013 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad I switched from Smashbox to this. It will save you so much money. This is good for everyday, but I'll still use Smashbox for a night out. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup for work (military) so all I do is cleanse/tone then skip moisturizer and use this instead. I apply my concealer then a light dusting of powder and I'm set. It looks very natural. It doesn't break me out and my makeup stays put ALL day. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 3/3/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this as a primer for my face (got the tip from a beauty blogger on youtube) and this is how I use it: I put my moisturizer on, then my foundation (L'oreal Visible Lift), then I squeeze a small amount on my fingers and lightly rub it into my face - staying away from the eye area. It evens the foundation and I don't even have to set my face with powder. It leaves my skin feeling soft and smoothe. I've also used this on the back of my heels when I wear high heels that rub a little much. It softens the area and doesn't leave me with red, hurting heels.

on 3/3/2013 9:56:00 PM

I barely wear makeup, used this a primer a few times and it worked well. BUT, what I do is, I put one some lip balm, wait about 5 minutes and then dab some of this stuff on top of my lip balm. My lips looks bigger and soooooo freaking smooth! They look like a million bucks, try it :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I use this as a primer. It works. I wouldn't say as well as Lancome's La Base Pro, but it works well enough. It makes my foundation last longer than if I have used nothing at all. This also helps my foundation blend well. I dislike Smashbox's primer because it really does nothing for me. The Monistat chaffing gel works to where it helps keep my foundation on for about 4-5 hours compared to 6-8 hours that La Base Pro does or the lousy one hour that going without anything does for me. Its good in a pinch and does not break me out at all. I keep this handy in my makeup bag for the in-between times.

on 2/24/2013 9:06:00 AM

Use this product all the time as a primer. I find it works very well. I have blended it with foundation or concealer and it work well that way too. It is inexpensive and that works for me too. I hate spending a fortune on makeup. Happy I found this as an alternative to more expensive products.

Popular Primer/ Correctors