Calvin Klein Obsession

3.6

on 9/15/2008 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is a really rich, distinct, sexy, complex scent. It's feminine in a womanly way, as opposed to the many sweet, cutesy scents popular of late. The lack of unique perfumes out there makes this one seem all the more amazing.

A little goes a long way, and it really lasts all day (or night). I find it best as a night perfume...too strong for work. It's definitely a cool/cold weather scent too.

It smells better on me than in the bottle; I could see this smelling totally wrong on some people, but if it works for you then it REALLY works.

I really like the body wash also...it actually lasts instead of washing off like many perfumed washes do. It makes it even more subtle & intimate that way, if the perfume is too much for you.

The only con: the bottle is downright ugly! haha :D

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Obsession…when the weather cools down and you can get out of the drawer your winter scents…well meeting again with Obsession is like hugging an old, beloved long time friend.
I was lucky to discover it in the Nineties – and not in the Eighties when supposedly everybody was wearing it. But I also have to say that here in Italy it was never so common as it could have been in the US.
So when I am wearing it, I get nice compliments and not that “oh, another one wearing obsession” look….:o)
I am not sure if I would define it sexy…I do not want to go that debate: it is for sure feminine, powdery and sensual. Cleverly constructed and structured, to my fine nose it does not smell “mainstream” or “common”. Not at all!
I do not find it overpowering (of course no more than 2 spritzes that you then dab around). I find it one of the best spicy-florientals ever created.
For me it’s a skin scent, it makes me feel comfortable and self assured…
A staple in my collection ever since I first tried it (I always have a backup bottle!).
Classic, timeless. A must have.

on 9/11/2008 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word: Mmmmmmm. Love it :) No more needs to be said.

on 9/6/2008 9:42:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This scent is so strong and cloying. I get sick whenever I smell Obsession on someone. There is a note in this fragrance that just does not work. It almost reminds me of a man's aftershave, or strong body odor.

on 8/5/2008 7:47:00 PM

this is amber, pure and simple. you could get the exact fragrance a heck of a lot cheaper by just visiting your local head shop, or "aromatherapy" supplier, and getting a vial of amber oil.

the amber dwarfs all other notes, and it is extreeeeeeeemely strong. it's not awful by any means, but it's nothing special, imo.

on 8/5/2008 6:57:00 PM

I wore this scent when i was younger because I loved musky scents. Its been forever since I've even smelled it but maybe I'll give it a try again!

If used sparingly, this is a very beautiful, warm, soft scent. I generally prefer sugary/foody scents, but this is my "serious" scent, I suppose you could say. LOL.
This is definitely a sophisticated and sexy scent, so I mostly wear this when I plan on having a romantic evening with my one and only. He loves it!

Like I said, this needs to be used sparingly. I can imagine this would be headache-inducing if someone sprayed this all over themselves. It's a very potent fragrance, so it only needs to be lightly sprayed.

The sexiest perfume alive.
I have worn it since the early nineties on and off.
It never failed.
The secret is dosage, of course.

Just one the best orientals ever. It brings me back to a bunch of sexy secrets and blissful memories. I save it for the very "special moments" or when i really need a personality boost.

At the same time it is comforting and warm like a cup of hot tea on your sofa with your favourite poem book on a winter evening.

Vanilla+Oakmoss=Obsession.

on 7/20/2008 9:19:00 AM

I wore Obsession in high school because my boyfriend at the time thought it was the greatest scent ever. I liked it, but it was never "me". I remembered it being very strong, also.

Now, forward 15 years, after reading some intriguing reviews here, I picked up a mini at the drugstore. It was like reuniting with an old friend. Smells so much better on me now, the sometimes green & greasy topnote disappears quickly and leaves me with a mesmerizing sweet and spicy amber veil. It is not nearly as strong as I remember, I actually would need to reapply halfway through the day if going somewhere. IMO, it remains a little more timeless and relevant than some of the other 80's big hitters. (Maybe they've deliberately toned down that trademark gigantic sillage?)

I'm only disappointed that it is harder to find the old splash bottle like I had, I'd love it for nostalgia--even though I think I prefer the spray.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Okay. I went out and bought a miniature of this at the drugstore after reading in a recent issue of Allure that some perfume expert dubbed it "the sexiest fragrance ever." Every time I wear it someone remarks on how good I smell. So many good things came from the '80s, no? ;) It's on my dresser next to the Chanel No. 5 Sensual Elixir, and I'm pretty sure they're in a catfight when I'm not looking.

Popular Fragrances