September 1, 2014 | 2030 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by kmart12

After viewing ALL the glowing reviews for this product I was eager to try it out myself. I used it for about a month and I'm very unsatisfied with the results. Around my eyes I appear to have aged five years! I pray this goes away. Retinoids and acids don't seem to like me. Ugh.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am about two-thirds finished with the pads in the jar. I have been trying to use it 3 times a week. I leave it on for at least 3 minutes, but sometimes more. My skin appears smoother, even the neck area. My skin had developed scaley areas that were always present, and this product is removing them. My only disappointment is that the product doesn't really affect age spots--that may come later, though. At this point, I have to keep using it because of the noticeable improvement. The wrinkes above my lips appear less prominent. In fact, no other product that I have ever used has made such a significant difference in my skin not only in the looks of it but also in the feel of the skin. I was going to give 4 stars because of the age spots issue, but changed my mind. I think this product works better for older skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by jenn7985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

i love this product!! i have been using it for a month and my skin has never looked better. i have never had a real issue with breakouts but it evened out my skintone and gives me this glow like i get a facial every day. i have not experienced any purging since using this. this has also done wonders for my KP (chicken skin) on my upper arms. on the suggestion of another review i swiped the pad over my arms after my face and within 2 weeks my KP has diminished 50%. it also got rid of alot of the redness so the little bumps that are still left are not as noticable. im hopeful that within another month or so the KP will be totally gone

i leave it on for 10 min then wash my face with water and apply my night cream. my skin is soft and smooth and i dont need any face makeup anymore. i usually use MAC MSF Skinfinish to even out my skin tone and now i can go without it

this is definitly HG for me and i will keep buying these for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by nocomment

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm on my second tub of these and will buy a third. I have oily acne prone skin. This is a good all around cure for brightening and taking care of exfoliation for me. I have all kinds of acne, cystic, blackheads and whiteheads. This is not a cure-all, but keeps it manageable. I use them about three times a week and also smear 'em on my neck and hands. It had definitely helped even out the tone of my skin.

FWIW, I've tried PTR maximum corrector pads and had a terrible reaction. Broke me out horribly and painfully. Although these say they are for wrinkles, not acne--they help me with acne.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so disappointed-I got a jar of 20 of these in a trial kit and was excited to give them a try based on the rave reviews here and on QVC. I was using these once a day before showering, on my face, neck, chest, and backs of my hands. My skin stung a bit at first, but I rinsed after 3 minutes and everything seemed fine. Quickly realized the skin on my upper chest wouldn't tolerate-turned very red and kind of "hivey". My face got flaky over my eyebrows & lower cheeks and very irritated at the "marionette" lines. On top of all that loveliness, I began to break out in large pimples & whiteheads on my cheeks and chin. My skin just didn't like this at all. It's too bad, because where I wasn't flaking or broken out, my pores actually seemed to be getting smaller. I just returned the kit today.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by aelaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I wouldn't say this is a miracle cure, it definitely is a great product. I have struggled with hormonal acne on my chin and lower cheeks since I was 12 (I am 24 now) and while it got better a few years ago it seemed to come back with a vengeance over the past year. So far, this product in conjunction with my Clarisonic is the only thing that's really improved my skin. I used to get a new cystic pimple at least once a week (usually much more) but since starting with these I maybe get one 2 or 3 times a month. I also find that when I do get pimples, they clear up much faster.
I've been using these for about 2 months now and they've also helped improve the texture of my skin, which used to be very rough with flaky patches. However, I haven't really seen any fading of my existing acne scars.

I still get whiteheads occasionally, but I'll take those any day over cystic acne. I cut the pads in half and that reduces the cost of these by 50%. You really only need half a pad to cover your whole face.

For reference, I use a half pad every night and sometimes in the morning, too. My skin is oily and not sensitive, and I haven't experienced any prolonged redness or irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by PIPER21

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using DDF 10% GEM. Then a while ago also purchased the PTR 20% UNWRINKLE pads and am using them around twice a week. 20% is Rx and termed for use by skin professionals. (thank goodness the industry has realized that is you and me). YES! We can follow the instructions. GREAT product. A good moisturizer w/an added SPF in the AM (plus whatever else you may use) and who could ask for anything more... Who needs laser treatments?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 2:37:00 AM More reviews by tsmith4896

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will continually update this review.
Day 1 of usage: Complimented by co-worker on how extremely smooth my skin looked. Sold!
Day 5: I am experiencing the beginning of slight purging. Even so, my skin is still smooth and fresh looking.
UPDATE: So, I have used these pads on and off for about 6 weeks and they are amazing. I do not use them everyday, but about 3 times a week. After the small purging time (about 1 week), the effect of these pads is wonderful. My pores are so much smaller. My overall tone is more even. And, a small sun/age spot on my forehead is finally starting to fade. Fortunately, this product does not irritate my skin, but I can anticipate that someone with sensitive skin would really have to go easy with this product or they would experience some stinging. However, trust me, the effect on any skin is worth it. I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin issues: oily skin, large pores, black heads, beginning to have fine wrinkles. I have resilient, non-acne prone skin and rarely ever have adverse reactions to products. I wanted to try the peel pads for all of the issues above and to see if it would lighten my freckles.

update - Added a lippie. I've been using these peel pads for 6 wks on and off & I've noticed that my skin is overall more even, freckles seem lighter, and pores smaller. I've pretty much stopped wearing foundation and only a tinted moisturizer. The reason why I gave 4 lippies instead of 5 is because my blackheads are still present and I'm really not sure if my skin is more even because of the peels or because it's the dead of winter and I'm just getting pale. I've also noticed that my skin seems less oily but then again it probably has a lot to do with the cold weather. I'd like to try stronger peels when I'm finished with this but in a pinch I would definitely buy these peel pads again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by andiemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always been blemish prone and have olive skin so I tend to get dark spots from inflammation. I've tried over the counter products (didn't work) and Retin-A (made me flaky and red and painful). I read all the positive reviews on here and went out and bought it despite the price.

This is seriously the only thing that has ever made my skin look great! I've only been using them for a week and a half and my dark spots are mostly gone, my blemishes are totally gone, and the two fine lines that I have are starting to go away. I use 1 pad a day, which I have done from the get-go - I didn't work up to it, and I've never had any redness or irritation even though I have pretty sensitive skin. If this cost $100 for 60 pads instead of $40, I would still buy them. Amazing!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No