October 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by kezz17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i like my lashes to look full and long, so this does the job. the brush is massive, and this works best i find. i always use eyelash curlers and this really defines the lash. it can clump, but if you practise and only put on one or two coats i find i dont get that many clumps. would reccommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by twiggy016

If you want natural looking lashes...DON'T buy this!
It makes lashes very very clumpy!
I love dramatic lashes but all this does is coat each lash in tons of mascara with no definition or length so you end up with just clumpy stumps as lashes!
It works better if you use a mascara that lengthens and defines first, and then use the Bourjois Volume Clubbing one to add volume :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Colourpop

This was a waste of money, whatever the ingredient is in this that makes it stay on also makes it fibrous and clumpy. My lashes were stuck together, spidery and awful. No volume at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Lovinya02

I work in a club and I'm constantly in search of the perfect WOW mascara since I don't have the patience to apply falsies nightly. After giving in and purchasing this despite alot of mixed reviews I have to say I love it. It is a bit thinner then typical mascara and the wand does bring out alot of product but I've discovered a full proof method that works for me.

1) Apply normal every day mascara; for me thats either Badgirl Lash or Lash Blast.
2) Remove wand from Volume Clubbing
3) Scrap down the sides of the wand against the top; meaning the sides in between the sets of bristles.
4) Apply Volume Clubbing like a top coat.
5) Get Perfect Lashes! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2008 5:57:00 AM More reviews by MagickalGoddess

I find the formula too thick, and the brush picks up a lot of product. For best results, wipe the brush with a tissue to remove excess product, and then apply one coat to your lashes. If you donít wipe the brush, the excess product will cause the lashes to clump. Removing the excess will help lengthen and thicken the lashes and add plenty of volume

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2008 6:46:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

It's the mascara the puts the most 'material' on my lashes. But it can be a little clumpy. I sometimes use my fingers pressing them together on the two sides of my lashes to remove some of the clamp. Overall I like it. (I've never really bought high end mascaras, only some Clinique, so I can't really compare.) I usually use Maybelline Volume Boost or Full'n Soft (which is my favourite) but none of them is as dramatic as this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by kristikreme

Overall this is a decent mascara if you desire a dramatic "false eyelashes" appearance. I have long been trying to achieve that but with straight, thin (albeit long) eyelashes, it takes a significant amount of effort. This is one of the few mascaras that created that look. It's also very black, which I like. I'm not a fan of the wand itself. I applied it the way the website advised and all it did was create vexing clumps. I applied it just using the area with the bristles and that worked out well. I have yet to experience any flaking or smudges. However, I noticed that mascara does not look nice at all after a couple of hours. Clumps form randomly. I never know if my eyelashes will look good or not. I prefer Bourjois's Volume Glamour mascara, but this is still an alright choice. I probably will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by faye10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i find this way too clumpy and difficult to apply. my lashes looked rubbish, not volumous, just stuck togther.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Arioka

I was looking for that mascara that not only gives you volume but also that lil bit extra, the dramatic look. After dozens of mascara this is the one for me. Especially for a night out it's perfect. For daily wear I just use the brush side, which already gives you much more volume and length. Buy it if you like to have dramatic eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by FUNgurl

i think it is an excellent mascara! it gives a lot of volume and length and an unbelievably rich black colour to lashes(i have the ultra black). though 1 layer is enough for luscious lashes, it can be also applied in 2 layers for a really dramatic effect (for party only) but then it should be applied precisely coz the brush has a lot of product on it and it could clump and stick the lashes together and smudge all over if u are clumsy.
i wouldn't suggest it as a 1st mascara for teens but for those who have more experience in using makeup, it can be a really good choice!
it can give a fals-lash effect and volumizes, lenghtens, colors plus curls and holds the curl. during a night in a club it wont come down. but because of that it is not easy to remove, part of it stays on lashes after you cleared your eye makeup. that is not too good but one can get away with it i think. and anyway, this mascara is not created for everyday use, its for night-outs for a killer look ;)