July 26, 2014 | 932 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 9:05:00 PM More reviews by murflegirl

This shadow box is a great way to try quite a few of the eyeshadows in Urban Decay's Deluxe line. There are nine shades, and they range from tame, everyday shades to wild, fun brights. I really appreciate that fact about this palette--I can take my look from day to night easily. The Deluxe shadow formula is absolute heaven--the shadows are MEGA pigmented and VERY smooth. They are shimmer shades, and do not contain any chunks of glitter that Urban Decay is so very famous for. The staying power of the shadows is also awesome--I found that for some of these, I didn't even need a primer. This is a great value for the price, especially considering how big the shadows are--you really get a lot of product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by mamagrubbs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this shadow box i have 4 different shadow boxes from UD! randsom is my fave bc i have brown eyes and purple looks great with them! i always use the eyeshadow primer under the eye shadows and stays all day and the color is still bright!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by tv88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great product! It looks so wild in the packaging, but it's great even when you're doing more toned down looks. The colors look the same on my eyes as they do in the box. The shadows stay on all day, and they're so smooth it feels like you're putting velvet on your eyelids. This is surprisingly versatile.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by vwzen81

I have the Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol II, the Ammo Palette and I most recently purchased the Deluxe Shadow Box. I wish I had bought this palette a long time ago but I was on the fence about it because I already owned one of the colors in the palette (I bought it as a single shadow). I love all 3 of my Urban Decay Palette’s and I’m not sure I could pick a favorite but if I had to it would be between the Book of Shadows and the Deluxe Shadow Box. However, the Deluxe Shadow box has a slight upper hand on the Book of Shadows because none of the shadows in the Deluxe palette have chunky, fall all over your face glitter. Also, I really love to wear bright shadows and the Deluxe palette has quite a few really bold/bright shadows. My favorite shadow in the Deluxe palette is Peace, it is a very intense turquoise blue, so gorgeous! I wish they would make a new Deluxe palette with the other deluxe shadows that are missing from this palette because I want them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by figgityfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The only Urban Decay products I was a fan of were:Eyeshadow Transforming Potion, Eyeshadow Primer Potion,Lip Primer Potion, and Neutral 24/7 Glide on Lip pencils, UNTIL one day I bought the deluxe eyeshadow Heat and noticed how easy it was to blend and how vibrant the color was. I realized that the deluxe shadows were so different than the too glittery/fall out regular eyeshadows. Then a few months I was visiting an Ulta (a store similiar to Sephora, but includes high end and drug store makeup and a hair salon) an Urban Decay makeup artist pointed out the Deluxe Shadow Box to me. She asked me me what kind of makeup did I wear and I told her I love neutral and wild eyeshadows. She did my makeup (a very dramatic purplish smokey eye) and I was sold. The eyeshadows in this kit are gorgeous! My favorite color in the kit is honey because I can't find a true yellow gold like this anywhere (not even MAC-and I love MAC eyeshadows). I am going to buy this again (if I run out).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by patygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

nc40. colors are original but not versatile. they aren't as smooth for some reason either.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Aniiii

This palette is so handy. I find myself using the colors a lot of the time as well! And for 36 dollars, you're getting 9 good quality, well pigmented eyeshadows. With that money you can buy about 2 MAC eyeshadow, and in some cases only 1 single shadow in some top brands. UD is a very high quality and still very funky and playful.

I. LOVE. THE. PACKAGING. Oh my goodness, it is absolutely gorgeous and describes the entire company of UD very well. UD is all about funky colors and sassy attitude.

I'd definitely buy this product again, although I don't know when I will because this product will last me a forever and a half!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

All of these shades are from the 'deluxe eyeshadow' line from UD. This is the faux purple shadow box w/ a silver mesh window over the suede. Nine shadows at 0.04oz/1.2g each. Includes 2 double-ended sponge applicators which I dont use, I wish it would have been a brush. The shades are- Fishnet a purple/blue sheen, Honey a gold/yellow sheen, Ransom a dark purple w/ blue hint, Graffiti a bright grass green w/ golden sheen, Zero a matte black, Peace a bright turquoise, Shag a bronze sheen, Scratch a pink champagne, and Underground a dark bronze sheen. This shadow box has no glitter, only sheen. Shadows are very pigmented and last all day w/ UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by kimmay99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS PALETTE.

Most of these shades I would not wear on a day to day basis, but use for photoshoots or fashion shows, something like that. They are spectacular pigments. Zero is the perfect black for smudging and i ADORE the green one. Came with a mini UDPP! Packaging is sooo adorable and comes with a mirror too. The "honey" shade is GORGEOUS for hazel or brown eyes (very pigmented goldy/yellow).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2010 5:56:00 AM More reviews by kara888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this cute little palette and it is nice to have it in your makeup kit. I don't use all the eyeshadows in it, but do have my favorites -Ransom, Zero, Honey. Don't use browns/neutrals in this palette as much, since I have some other favorites from other brands, but the blues and the purples are definitely amazing!