November 23, 2014 | 1978 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really skeptical in the beginning about this product 'cause I've used some other whiteners before and I didn't notice any change, but now nearly 2 weeks later I'm able to say I really feel this is an amazing stuff. It really works and I think specially with yellowish spots next to gums. I've been using this with trays twice a day and I'm starting using it every second day for the next two weeks. I think that would be enough to keep my teeth in this natural white. Note: do not expect your teeth to get as white as if you have a proffesional whitening, you won't get that fake white that everybody knows it's not natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Snowflake3981

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This whitener doesn't make my teeth sensitive like all of the whitestrips I've tried. I threw out the cheap tooth trays that came with this and bought the $1 mouthguards from the sporting goods section at Walmart. I followed the instructions with those to make custom teeth trays.

I usually use this while showering so I don't have to worry about drooling, LOL. I often leave them in longer than five minutes and don't have any problems with it. I like that I'm able to whiten all of my teeth, not just the ones in front like whitestrips do, and you can really get the gel in between your teeth and on the insides too.

Bottom line - great product, great results, but throw out the cheep tray and get better ones!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lakegin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. My new HG whitener. My teeth are pretty white to begin with, but do experience some staining from red wine. Like many others I purchase mouthguards from the sports section (youth size, since adult looked too large) and prepared those as the directions said. I take a q-tip and kind of run it over my teeth to take away some of the moisture, then use the other end to apply the gel. I just use a tiny amount (about the size of the q-tip head) to cover all of my upper OR lower teeth, whichever I'm whitening at teh time. I have never experienced any of the foaming like other posters or like I have seen in some beauty videos. I think this is because of using the mouthguards/tray, and using a small amount.
I only whiten once every two weeks, as this is enough for my needs. I have been very pleased with the results, and with the price I now prefer this to the old whitestrips I was using.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by fionamimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most amazing tooth whitener on the market! AND THE PRICE GIVES IT AN EXTRA HAAAAAY!!!!

I've tried things likeeee.... Crest whitening strips(yuck I hate them and their so expensive), smile, Rembrandt, Super Smile, yeah whatever. For $30+ toothpaste, I just got pissed off because I spent $30 on it and it barely works. I can gargle my mouth with hydrogen proxide for .99!!!

By the way, I'm a non smoker, I don't drink, I drink chai tea everyday but that's better than coffee. And I just like having white teeth haha.

But anyways, I did see KandeeJohnson's youtube on this and tried it. Amazing, I must say!!!For $4, ahh what do you have to lose.

Even if you got it for $10 at CVS, it would still be worth it!
Plus, a little bit goes a long long way, so it will seriously last you foreva!

What are you waiting for? Go to Wally World & get your Plus Whitener!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by steffiphillips

i have tried pretty much every tooth whitener out there, and i really do see better results from this one than all the others--and it's crazy cheap. i've done the q-tip method and also the mouth guard method--they both work. the best part is that it doesn't hurt my sensitive teeth--the crest whitestrips caused me much pain and suffering. once i fell asleep with them on (i know that was dumb, and the product can't be blamed for my stupidity), and my teeth hurt for days...my whole head hurt...this stuff, though...i've fallen asleep with it on, and i've never experienced any pain. i'm not recommending you do that, of course, but it somehow works without the excruciating sensitivity issues that some of the other whiteners cause.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I first heard about this from Kandee Johnson on Youtube. I did what she said and bought mouth guards from the sports section to make my own trays and used this with it. Unfortunately, I didn't use much common sense and purchased the NFL adult mouth guards since I'm an adult, darn it. They are made for adult men. I am a woman. Men have bigger skulls than women, and therefore bigger jaws. I couldn't even get the stupid trays in my mouth. FAIL. Luckily, the gel works well without them. I rub a thin layer (and I do mean thin... a thicker layer will slide right off) over all my teeth and hop in the shower. Your mouth will then begin to foam like a rabid raccoon but just deal with it. I spit it out at the end of my shower (actually in my shower... ah, the joys of living alone) and rinse my mouth well with water. I notice a difference after 2 uses with full results in about a week. And best of all, my teeth don't ache for days like they do after using Crest Whitestrips! It tastes like mint, not hydrogen peroxide, which is always nice. I will repurchase this when I run out. I highly recommend this. For $4, you have nothing to lose.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 4:13:00 PM More reviews by mtvsux

I can't believe i'm writing this after only 4 treatments with the gel, but I'm impressed. I started out fairly light, b2/a2 but now am definitely looking at about being a b1. So that's 1.5 shades in 2 days. And barely any sensitivity at all! The first day i did 30 mins in both the AM and PM, the 2nd day and hour am and pm. I woke up the 3rd day thinking i am definitely skipping my morning bleaching, i am feeling sensitive. I didn't look at my teeth about 3pm, :O! Wow, already they seem much brighter, i'm very surprised (even though i bought this item based on recs from mua)... I am very happy with the product so far, I'll be sure to update when I'm done with the treatment.

I wasn't sure whether a 6% hydrogen peroxide formula was enough to whiten teeth beyond the lightest natural shade of teeth (B1) but after seeing my early results I feel confident I can get to the shade I want, 040, which is the shade 1 lighter than B1.. Since 50% of whitening happens in the first 1-2+ hours, the other 50% could bring me to that magic 040 shade after 2 weeks, maybe sooner?. Glad I picked this up. And what a great price too, <$9 in NYC.

For maximum whitening i rec twice a day, use the product for at least 20-30 minutes at a time, and even up to an hour if you have stubborn staining. Even though HP breaks down to about 50% power after 30 mins, the extra time is still beneficial, anything after 1 hour is a waste of time. Use on DRY teeth, saliva will make the HP break down faster. Since most people reach 50% of whitening after the first few hours of application, don't be surprised if your initial whitening seems dramatic and then you don't see as much in the next few following days.

Use 2 weeks for optimal results. I've read that 90% of your achievable lightening is complete in 2 weeks, so there is certainly room for more whitening after that if needed. Very stained/darkened teeth may benefit for up to 6 weeks of use. I might do 3 weeks, I always have a problem getting to that light shade that I want, i think because it's lighter than my natural color. I rec using a good remineralization product if you do a 2 week course, just to be on the safe side.

And for those who want to take a couple of extra steps, you can get custom made trays online that very similar to trays you would get from the dentist, for about $50. I got mine done from a place online called 'sparkling white smiles', and i love them. The moldable sports teeth guard for $2 at any sporting goods store are great for the price, but a bit more uncomfortable than the custom trays because of their thickness, not to mention their delightful feature of making you drool all over yourself. lol.. : ). I also have a desensitizing gel i bought from dentist.net called Relief acp and use Pro-namelon toothpaste before and during bleaching, both products desensitize and remineralize teeth.

Don't forget to apply your gel on dry teeth! Just wipe them with a tissue or let them air dry before putting on your trays. Good luck!

Day 5: teeth getting even whiter. Awesome.

Update: Worked like a charm. I had to stop at the lightest natural tooth color because my veneer is a B1, otherwise I would have gotten up to the first bleached shade easily. Great stuff.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this for suggested two weeks now, and I have noticed a little bit of change. Before I started using this my bottom and top teeth were the same color. So I used this on my upper teeth for the 2 weeks for 5 minutes and twice a day, and I compared the top with the bottom. And there was a difference! The yellow stains were gone and they looked white. They were not as white as I was hoping them to be, but they are much whiter than before. But I still want that crisp paper white look. Luckily this was really cheap, I will just stick with the Crest Whitestrips. They give much better results faster than this stuff, but is more expensive hence why I decided to try this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 More reviews by sdpink1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I prefer this over the many white strips out there. My teeth whiten very easy so c an use this about twice a week and get amazing results. I'm not to crazy about the mouth piece that comes with it so I use the one I have from getting my teeth whitened at the dentist but it does the job if you need.
Quick tip:look for the mouth pieces in the sport section of your store that can be molded to the shape of your teeth. They're cheap and work so much better

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by xsuzycx

I don't smoke and I'm not a coffee drinker, but I did have braces for 2.5 years. I can't say I cared for my teeth as much when I had braces on, so when I finally got them off, I had an amazingly straight and amazingly yellow smile.
Because I was a student, I didn't want to spend $30 on whitening strips to just throw them in the trash if they didn't work. But when I saw Kandee Johnson's video, I thought, why not?
It was about $7 and with my first application my teeth were noticeably whiter. I can now truly say that I have a nice smile. I LOVE LOVE this product and the results it's given me.