Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

4.3

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 407, Glycerin, Hydrogen Peroxide, Methyl Salicylate, Sodium Saccharin, Phosphoric Acid.

on 4/16/2011 11:32:00 AM

I have been using this stuff for years and people always ask me if my teeth are real or veniers. I like this more than the crest whitestrips because it delivers the same results for only a fraction of the price. It also doesn't make your teeth super sensitive and achy.

on 4/14/2011 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Like a lot of people, I saw this on Kandee Johnson's video. I went through the entire first bottle with the mouthguard technique and it did NOTHING!
My sister purchased it about a month later and I noticed that it had a minty smell when the bottle I bought didn't. After a week of her using it her teeth were whiter than mine and she had her braces on for five years!
So I went and bought another tube for myself and made sure that it smelled minty... for some reason that made sense in my mind. Maybe my first one was defected? Well, I currently have the mouthguard in my mouth and I've been using it for about four days and my teeth are already so white! My boyfriend even noticed and he doesn't usually notice anything like that. (Oh, and it's not a weird unnatural white!)

This product didn't make my teeth sensitive, but it does hurt your gums if you let it sit on them for too long! It says on the tube to take off the product immediately if it gets on your gums, but I haven't had any major problems with it besides a little TINY bit of pain if it makes its way onto my gums!

UPDATE!: I continued to use this and now I actually don't like it one bit and I wouldn't buy it again. It just didn't work anymore. I'd rather just shell out the extra money and get Advanced Seal Crest Whitestrips.

on 4/13/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I saw this product on KandeeJohnson's youtube and was super excited to try it out. The price was very reasonable, and there was alot of raves about the it. Well, I was very disappointed upon trying it. My teeth are pretty white as is, so I was expecting to see some pretty quick results. Boy, was I disappointed. I used it twice a day, 25 minutes mins each time for two weeks and hardly saw any results. Now I don't smoke and I don't drink tea. Plus, the gel kept moving around in my mouth!

on 4/12/2011 4:00:00 PM

I was really skeptical in the beginning about this product 'cause I've used some other whiteners before and I didn't notice any change, but now nearly 2 weeks later I'm able to say I really feel this is an amazing stuff. It really works and I think specially with yellowish spots next to gums. I've been using this with trays twice a day and I'm starting using it every second day for the next two weeks. I think that would be enough to keep my teeth in this natural white. Note: do not expect your teeth to get as white as if you have a proffesional whitening, you won't get that fake white that everybody knows it's not natural.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This whitener doesn't make my teeth sensitive like all of the whitestrips I've tried. I threw out the cheap tooth trays that came with this and bought the $1 mouthguards from the sporting goods section at Walmart. I followed the instructions with those to make custom teeth trays.

I usually use this while showering so I don't have to worry about drooling, LOL. I often leave them in longer than five minutes and don't have any problems with it. I like that I'm able to whiten all of my teeth, not just the ones in front like whitestrips do, and you can really get the gel in between your teeth and on the insides too.

Bottom line - great product, great results, but throw out the cheep tray and get better ones!

on 4/5/2011 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. My new HG whitener. My teeth are pretty white to begin with, but do experience some staining from red wine. Like many others I purchase mouthguards from the sports section (youth size, since adult looked too large) and prepared those as the directions said. I take a q-tip and kind of run it over my teeth to take away some of the moisture, then use the other end to apply the gel. I just use a tiny amount (about the size of the q-tip head) to cover all of my upper OR lower teeth, whichever I'm whitening at teh time. I have never experienced any of the foaming like other posters or like I have seen in some beauty videos. I think this is because of using the mouthguards/tray, and using a small amount.
I only whiten once every two weeks, as this is enough for my needs. I have been very pleased with the results, and with the price I now prefer this to the old whitestrips I was using.

on 4/1/2011 2:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the most amazing tooth whitener on the market! AND THE PRICE GIVES IT AN EXTRA HAAAAAY!!!!

I've tried things likeeee.... Crest whitening strips(yuck I hate them and their so expensive), smile, Rembrandt, Super Smile, yeah whatever. For $30+ toothpaste, I just got pissed off because I spent $30 on it and it barely works. I can gargle my mouth with hydrogen proxide for .99!!!

By the way, I'm a non smoker, I don't drink, I drink chai tea everyday but that's better than coffee. And I just like having white teeth haha.

But anyways, I did see KandeeJohnson's youtube on this and tried it. Amazing, I must say!!!For $4, ahh what do you have to lose.

Even if you got it for $10 at CVS, it would still be worth it!
Plus, a little bit goes a long long way, so it will seriously last you foreva!

What are you waiting for? Go to Wally World & get your Plus Whitener!!!

i have tried pretty much every tooth whitener out there, and i really do see better results from this one than all the others--and it's crazy cheap. i've done the q-tip method and also the mouth guard method--they both work. the best part is that it doesn't hurt my sensitive teeth--the crest whitestrips caused me much pain and suffering. once i fell asleep with them on (i know that was dumb, and the product can't be blamed for my stupidity), and my teeth hurt for days...my whole head hurt...this stuff, though...i've fallen asleep with it on, and i've never experienced any pain. i'm not recommending you do that, of course, but it somehow works without the excruciating sensitivity issues that some of the other whiteners cause.

on 3/30/2011 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first heard about this from Kandee Johnson on Youtube. I did what she said and bought mouth guards from the sports section to make my own trays and used this with it. Unfortunately, I didn't use much common sense and purchased the NFL adult mouth guards since I'm an adult, darn it. They are made for adult men. I am a woman. Men have bigger skulls than women, and therefore bigger jaws. I couldn't even get the stupid trays in my mouth. FAIL. Luckily, the gel works well without them. I rub a thin layer (and I do mean thin... a thicker layer will slide right off) over all my teeth and hop in the shower. Your mouth will then begin to foam like a rabid raccoon but just deal with it. I spit it out at the end of my shower (actually in my shower... ah, the joys of living alone) and rinse my mouth well with water. I notice a difference after 2 uses with full results in about a week. And best of all, my teeth don't ache for days like they do after using Crest Whitestrips! It tastes like mint, not hydrogen peroxide, which is always nice. I will repurchase this when I run out. I highly recommend this. For $4, you have nothing to lose.

on 3/16/2011 4:13:00 PM

I can't believe i'm writing this after only 4 treatments with the gel, but I'm impressed. I started out fairly light, b2/a2 but now am definitely looking at about being a b1. So that's 1.5 shades in 2 days. And barely any sensitivity at all! The first day i did 30 mins in both the AM and PM, the 2nd day and hour am and pm. I woke up the 3rd day thinking i am definitely skipping my morning bleaching, i am feeling sensitive. I didn't look at my teeth about 3pm, :O! Wow, already they seem much brighter, i'm very surprised (even though i bought this item based on recs from mua)... I am very happy with the product so far, I'll be sure to update when I'm done with the treatment.

I wasn't sure whether a 6% hydrogen peroxide formula was enough to whiten teeth beyond the lightest natural shade of teeth (B1) but after seeing my early results I feel confident I can get to the shade I want, 040, which is the shade 1 lighter than B1.. Since 50% of whitening happens in the first 1-2+ hours, the other 50% could bring me to that magic 040 shade after 2 weeks, maybe sooner?. Glad I picked this up. And what a great price too, <$9 in NYC.

For maximum whitening i rec twice a day, use the product for at least 20-30 minutes at a time, and even up to an hour if you have stubborn staining. Even though HP breaks down to about 50% power after 30 mins, the extra time is still beneficial, anything after 1 hour is a waste of time. Use on DRY teeth, saliva will make the HP break down faster. Since most people reach 50% of whitening after the first few hours of application, don't be surprised if your initial whitening seems dramatic and then you don't see as much in the next few following days.

Use 2 weeks for optimal results. I've read that 90% of your achievable lightening is complete in 2 weeks, so there is certainly room for more whitening after that if needed. Very stained/darkened teeth may benefit for up to 6 weeks of use. I might do 3 weeks, I always have a problem getting to that light shade that I want, i think because it's lighter than my natural color. I rec using a good remineralization product if you do a 2 week course, just to be on the safe side.

And for those who want to take a couple of extra steps, you can get custom made trays online that very similar to trays you would get from the dentist, for about $50. I got mine done from a place online called 'sparkling white smiles', and i love them. The moldable sports teeth guard for $2 at any sporting goods store are great for the price, but a bit more uncomfortable than the custom trays because of their thickness, not to mention their delightful feature of making you drool all over yourself. lol.. : ). I also have a desensitizing gel i bought from dentist.net called Relief acp and use Pro-namelon toothpaste before and during bleaching, both products desensitize and remineralize teeth.

Don't forget to apply your gel on dry teeth! Just wipe them with a tissue or let them air dry before putting on your trays. Good luck!

Day 5: teeth getting even whiter. Awesome.

Update: Worked like a charm. I had to stop at the lightest natural tooth color because my veneer is a B1, otherwise I would have gotten up to the first bleached shade easily. Great stuff.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools