Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 11/3/2010 5:57:00 PM

Gives me raccoon eyes wayyy too quickly. By the end of the day it looks like I have black eyeshadow under my eyes.
It says waterproof on the packaging, but it's definitely not!
The packaging is bad too. The cap for the sponge tip falls off easily and it's a hassle to keep track of.
Maybe this is good for a beginner in makeup, because it glides on easily.

on 10/21/2010 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. Smudges and wears off veryyy easily. Doesn't even last more then an hour. Breaks off very easily and I hate the rounded end. I like angles better. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

on 10/2/2010 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I strongly dislike this eyeliner. I am very open to all sorts of brands and types of eyeliner, but this is not one of my favorites. The cons of this product are: it is not retractable. If you twist up too much, it's stuck that way, therefore it's more prone to breakage. It runs, doesn't have long lasting color, and I find it at times it does not want to go on. Once it finally does, it doesn'teven last, so this is not something I would recommend. I know that this was not a fluke in the mix because I in fact DID repurchase this eyeliner - twice - and had the same results.
I wouldn't suggest this to a friend.

on 9/19/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As soon as I applied this to my eyelids, little pieces began to break off. I will definitely never use it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am on the fence with this eyeliner. It does go on very smoothly and not too dark so for fair skinned people you can get a great application......however it does not last very long and smudges migrating below the point of application. If I didn't constantly "check" on it through out the day, by evening time I would have racoon eyes. Pretty disappointing as I love the way I can apply it to get a light or dark look.

on 9/6/2010 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very easy to apply. If you hate how difficult regular pencils can be this is a must have. It can smudge a bit throughout the day. I have found its best use is on your water line, or paired with a liquid liner with felt tip. When I pair it with Revlon Colorstay it can last through night and day, for a nice vivid liner combo.

on 8/18/2010 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love how smooth it goes on, I don't mind re-applying. I ran out of mine a couple days ago, but I will not repurchase. I found another brand I like better.

on 8/18/2010 12:54:00 PM

I recently did an eyeliner 'test' with drugstore liners in my makeup bag, because I wanted to see which ones were worth buying again and how they matched up to pricier liners.

The verdict? Perfect Point Plus won the category for easiest to apply in terms of it being smooth and precise, but that was it. An eyeliner that glides on nice and smoothly is useless if it slips off by an hour later and looks like a hot smudged mess. When I use it on my eyelid, it is faded by the end of the day; and when I use it on my lower lash line, it sort of melts into the super fine lines from dark circles (i'm a student, afterall!) on my undereye area.

This also failed in the un-budgeable test which is very apparent if you make a line on your hand, give it a grace period of ten seconds and then rub your finger over it. My other drugstore liners like L'oreal Extra Intense liquid pencil liner and Revlon Colorstay were better by miles.

on 7/30/2010 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to love these pencils. The gray is perfect for an everyday liner. HOWEVER, the last two pencils I bought broke almost instantly. The makeup part was fine but the mechanical part broke so no more make up will come out.

on 7/22/2010 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My HG eyeliner. Easy to find, priced right, long lasting, smooth application - great! I only wish it was waterproof. A girl can dream right?