The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

on 10/23/2004 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really excellent cream for the fall and winter. It has a light texture and refreshing cucumber-grass smell, but it really moisturizes well. I put some on at night (after using the olive scrub) and in the morning my skin was still very soft and moisturized and bump-free.

You don't need that much, just a little scoop with your fingers. Then run your hand lightly over your skin to distribute and then rub it in. It has a really lovely light texture, but totally took care of my dry skin and arm/back bumps.

I'm hooked! I bought this during a buy one/get one half off promotion for the olive products, so it was $8. More than I usually spend, but this really works well. I think it's worth the $$.

UPDATE -- I've since discovered Mediterranean Spa body butter, which seems just as good and costs about $15-17 for 15 oz. (much cheaper than TBS).

on 9/11/2004 9:52:00 PM

I'm in love with the Olive Body Butter! It has a great thick, rich, creamy texture without being greasy or too thin. It absorbs into the skin well and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I love the scent - it doesn't smell like olives really, but it has sort of an herbal scent that I love. I heard that TBS is introducing more products (body scrub, etc.) into their Olive line, and I couldn't be happier.

I think that TBS's plastic body butter tubs are cheap plastic and could be a little sturdier. Otherwise, that's the only thing I would change.

Definitely a re-purchase for me! continued >>

on 9/6/2004 8:23:00 AM

I DESPERATELY LOVE THIS BUTTER-OLIVE IT SMELLS VERY BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST NEVER EVER THINK I WOULD LIVE WITOUT IT.ESPECIALLY MY FRIENDS ASK ME WHERE DOES THIS PARFUME SMELL COME FROM AND WHEN I SAY THIS IS MY CREAM I WEAR THAY WANT TO TRY IT TOO AMD ASK ME WHERE DID U BUY THIS?I LOVE IT.ITS MY FAVORITE BODY BUTTER(I THINK COOCA COMES NEXT)BUY IY,USE IT,CARRY IT TO EVERYWHERE U GO:)

on 6/22/2004 5:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Indifferent, discreet smell which I suppose at least doesn't interfere with any perfume you're wearing. Good moisturisation but nothing special in terms of how your skin feels (I like it super-soft as it becomes with Dove Body Silk!). TBS has pushed the price to the absolute limit (10). I think we can find just as good or better body butters cheaper these days. Won't repurchase.

on 6/4/2004 4:52:00 PM

In a quest to try all the many many products out there, I would be tempted to never buy the same thing twice but this one is so good that it fits the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.". One of the few things I would keep in my cabinet at all times, for years, it smells good, works like a charm and is an absolute pleasure to use. Love it.

on 5/29/2004 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this body butter. My thighs were breaking out slightly from the Sesame body butter (which was PERFECT in the winter time) but this Olive one keeps my skin soft in the summer time. I'm also not a big fan of the sweet scents of the other BB, and this light, green scent (think green tea/leafy/grassy/cucumber) is perfect for the summer days. The top layer of the BBs are a little waxy at first, and you just have to "break through" the top layer.

This product is an amazing moisturizer, it goes on smoothly, it's not greasy and it keeps my dry skin at bay... only problem is I refuse to wear it any day where I know I will be seeing someone because I personally think it smells like sour mustard... not attractive. My boyfriend smelled it and went "eeewww" like a little girl who has seen a spider... if that isn't proof I dont know what is.

on 5/5/2004 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff!! When it first came out, I thought "eew, who wants to smell like olives?". I didn't even give it a chance. But recently body butters were on sale for 2/$30, so I checked them all out. I decided on olive and nut. The olive body butter is meant for normal skin. It moisturizes well without feeling greasy and it have an amazing green tea-ish, fresh scent. Definitely not overpowering or offensive. I love it! It is tied with the nut one for my favourite body butter.

on 4/28/2004 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Don't be scared off by the name! This smells sooo fresh & yummy! And because it's for normal to dry skin, it's not too greasy and absorbs pretty quickly. I LOVE this scent!

on 4/28/2004 1:16:00 AM

Wow! I'm in trouble. I can't afford the addiction that has resulted from purchasing this product. Last summer I tried the Nut version and loved that, but took my time in going through it. For some reason I'm going through the Olive butter 20 times faster. Maybe because I'm using it on my face too? I don't know, but I do know that I love that I can actually wear this body butter without fealing greasy and I'm able to sit down on my wooden computer chair without sliding out of it after putting the lotion on! When I bought this body butter two weeks ago, I also bought 4 others but I'm half way through this jar because I wear it every day during the day wheareas the other butters seem to be my nightime scents as they are too overpowering in their scent (not that I don't like them, but I do worry about what the people around me at work/school will think about me smelling like nut, mango, cocunut, etc).

the price is a bit much. I justified it with the nut body butter because it lasted so long, but at the rate I'm going through the olive, I simply won't be able to afford it.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products