April 18, 2014 | 1937 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2004 8:54:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaTheresa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is an amazing moisturizer, it goes on smoothly, it's not greasy and it keeps my dry skin at bay... only problem is I refuse to wear it any day where I know I will be seeing someone because I personally think it smells like sour mustard... not attractive. My boyfriend smelled it and went "eeewww" like a little girl who has seen a spider... if that isn't proof I dont know what is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Mel29

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! When it first came out, I thought "eew, who wants to smell like olives?". I didn't even give it a chance. But recently body butters were on sale for 2/$30, so I checked them all out. I decided on olive and nut. The olive body butter is meant for normal skin. It moisturizes well without feeling greasy and it have an amazing green tea-ish, fresh scent. Definitely not overpowering or offensive. I love it! It is tied with the nut one for my favourite body butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't be scared off by the name! This smells sooo fresh & yummy! And because it's for normal to dry skin, it's not too greasy and absorbs pretty quickly. I LOVE this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MeredithP1

Wow! I'm in trouble. I can't afford the addiction that has resulted from purchasing this product. Last summer I tried the Nut version and loved that, but took my time in going through it. For some reason I'm going through the Olive butter 20 times faster. Maybe because I'm using it on my face too? I don't know, but I do know that I love that I can actually wear this body butter without fealing greasy and I'm able to sit down on my wooden computer chair without sliding out of it after putting the lotion on! When I bought this body butter two weeks ago, I also bought 4 others but I'm half way through this jar because I wear it every day during the day wheareas the other butters seem to be my nightime scents as they are too overpowering in their scent (not that I don't like them, but I do worry about what the people around me at work/school will think about me smelling like nut, mango, cocunut, etc).

the price is a bit much. I justified it with the nut body butter because it lasted so long, but at the rate I'm going through the olive, I simply won't be able to afford it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this scent i have been a loyal devotee to the butters since i bought my first one. I bought this one because the scent was more subtle than the cocoanut. I am very picky with moisturizers because i will not use any product with mineral oil in it. these are the most wonderful moisturizers i have ever used (besides my moisturizers i get at the tanning salon)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ctang5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very very dry. Sorta flakey in the winter even. I've tried many brands before, from drugstore brands to more expensive cosmetic brands and was never 100% satisfied with any particular one - either not moisturizing enough or left a greasy waxy film on skin or the scent was way too strong. This Olive Body Butter is nice I think. Smells nice and subtle, and makes my skin smooth and soft without any waxy film.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2003 8:25:00 PM More reviews by QTCat17

I was a bit reluctant to purchase this product at first b/c it was a bit pricey ($16) but decided to splurge. After using it a few times, I completely fell in love with it! It smells so good, fresh and clean, not too fruity or sweet like the other body butters. It mosturizes very well and doesn't leave my skin greasy. I love this product and will definitely repurchase along with a few other body butters!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells nice and moisturizes well throughout the day. I like the souflee-like texture. Unfortunately, this also makes my skin itch wherever I put it. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by 2002Attorney

HANDS DOWN, this is my FAVORITE in the Body Butter "family." I've had relationships with some of the others but, in the end, I always return to the Olive Oil Body Butter -- my first (and true) love!
I started using it when I couldn't deal with the scent of Extra Virgin Olive Oil any longer. It works great! It is not too greasy, and the fragrance is just strong enough to be pleasant, but not too overpowering so as to interfere with other perfumes or fragrances. I used it throughout my pregnancy. I've even got my mother and grandmother hooked!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2003 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ruckygirl

This is my favorite body butter. I don't like sweet, foody smells, so the light, almost cucumber scent, is perfect for me. It is too heavy to put on first thing in the morning, so I slather it on right before I go to bed so it can sink in.