December 18, 2014 | 1605 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2004 8:23:00 AM More reviews by glamrockgal

I DESPERATELY LOVE THIS BUTTER-OLIVE IT SMELLS VERY BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST NEVER EVER THINK I WOULD LIVE WITOUT IT.ESPECIALLY MY FRIENDS ASK ME WHERE DOES THIS PARFUME SMELL COME FROM AND WHEN I SAY THIS IS MY CREAM I WEAR THAY WANT TO TRY IT TOO AMD ASK ME WHERE DID U BUY THIS?I LOVE IT.ITS MY FAVORITE BODY BUTTER(I THINK COOCA COMES NEXT)BUY IY,USE IT,CARRY IT TO EVERYWHERE U GO:)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2004 5:35:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Indifferent, discreet smell which I suppose at least doesn't interfere with any perfume you're wearing. Good moisturisation but nothing special in terms of how your skin feels (I like it super-soft as it becomes with Dove Body Silk!). TBS has pushed the price to the absolute limit (10). I think we can find just as good or better body butters cheaper these days. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2004 4:52:00 PM More reviews by amourticia

In a quest to try all the many many products out there, I would be tempted to never buy the same thing twice but this one is so good that it fits the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it.". One of the few things I would keep in my cabinet at all times, for years, it smells good, works like a charm and is an absolute pleasure to use. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2004 10:15:00 AM More reviews by d_E_S_S

I love this body butter. My thighs were breaking out slightly from the Sesame body butter (which was PERFECT in the winter time) but this Olive one keeps my skin soft in the summer time. I'm also not a big fan of the sweet scents of the other BB, and this light, green scent (think green tea/leafy/grassy/cucumber) is perfect for the summer days. The top layer of the BBs are a little waxy at first, and you just have to "break through" the top layer.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2004 8:54:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaTheresa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is an amazing moisturizer, it goes on smoothly, it's not greasy and it keeps my dry skin at bay... only problem is I refuse to wear it any day where I know I will be seeing someone because I personally think it smells like sour mustard... not attractive. My boyfriend smelled it and went "eeewww" like a little girl who has seen a spider... if that isn't proof I dont know what is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2004 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Mel29

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff!! When it first came out, I thought "eew, who wants to smell like olives?". I didn't even give it a chance. But recently body butters were on sale for 2/$30, so I checked them all out. I decided on olive and nut. The olive body butter is meant for normal skin. It moisturizes well without feeling greasy and it have an amazing green tea-ish, fresh scent. Definitely not overpowering or offensive. I love it! It is tied with the nut one for my favourite body butter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 8:47:00 PM More reviews by koolkatz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't be scared off by the name! This smells sooo fresh & yummy! And because it's for normal to dry skin, it's not too greasy and absorbs pretty quickly. I LOVE this scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2004 1:16:00 AM More reviews by MeredithP1

Wow! I'm in trouble. I can't afford the addiction that has resulted from purchasing this product. Last summer I tried the Nut version and loved that, but took my time in going through it. For some reason I'm going through the Olive butter 20 times faster. Maybe because I'm using it on my face too? I don't know, but I do know that I love that I can actually wear this body butter without fealing greasy and I'm able to sit down on my wooden computer chair without sliding out of it after putting the lotion on! When I bought this body butter two weeks ago, I also bought 4 others but I'm half way through this jar because I wear it every day during the day wheareas the other butters seem to be my nightime scents as they are too overpowering in their scent (not that I don't like them, but I do worry about what the people around me at work/school will think about me smelling like nut, mango, cocunut, etc).

the price is a bit much. I justified it with the nut body butter because it lasted so long, but at the rate I'm going through the olive, I simply won't be able to afford it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2004 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this scent i have been a loyal devotee to the butters since i bought my first one. I bought this one because the scent was more subtle than the cocoanut. I am very picky with moisturizers because i will not use any product with mineral oil in it. these are the most wonderful moisturizers i have ever used (besides my moisturizers i get at the tanning salon)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2004 1:23:00 PM More reviews by ctang5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin is very very dry. Sorta flakey in the winter even. I've tried many brands before, from drugstore brands to more expensive cosmetic brands and was never 100% satisfied with any particular one - either not moisturizing enough or left a greasy waxy film on skin or the scent was way too strong. This Olive Body Butter is nice I think. Smells nice and subtle, and makes my skin smooth and soft without any waxy film.