November 26, 2014 | 1761 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dmzahm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am SHOCKED that more people don't find this product FANTASTIC! I have "shiny" skin all the time. I used their Photo Finish Oil Free first. Yuck. The Photo Finish LIGHT is the way to go. Apply after skin care regiment. Wait 2 minutes...and watch the magic. It keeps all my makeup in place. AND I don't shine at all...ALL DAY. Great product. It took me 8 primers before I found this godsend. I have repurchased 2x now.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by littleleah5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

its a nice primer. does the job, not sure if it breaks me out or not. price is too high.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by nguyenhk27

I started using this product 2 Weeks ago. I have tried many primers that would help control the oil and this one is the one that worked for me. My face usually gets oily about an hour to two hours after I put on my makeup. With this primer I noticed my face doesn't get as oily and I can go about four to five hours before I have to blot the oil off my face. It does help my makeup lay a little longer. The only problem with this product is the school glue smell when you first apply it on. I like that it is matte and makes my skin look flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by handis

G-R-E-A-T!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

I used this for quite sometime because of all the good reviews. It didn't do anything special in regards to my liquid foundation. I could not tell a difference from when I wore the primer and when I didn't. This also made my break out a little. I recently switched to Hourglass primer and I can't believe I wasted all that time using this mediocre primer, Smashbox. Hourglass is way better!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by tabbycam

Basically, I knew primers were supposed to be fantastic and I always had a problem with my foundation looking a little worse for wear towards the end of the day, so I went out and spent a stupid amount of money on Lancome La Base Pro which promptly broke me out and felt like an oil slick on my face (but that's a review for another time!)

So naturally I've been extremely hesitant about trying another primer on the basis of this, but because this primer was supposedly okay for acne prone skin (which I generally don't have, but for some reason I guess the silicone activates it for me) I decided to give it a go, and I'm glad I did!

Personally, I think it feels beautiful on the skin, soft and smooth and light, and it makes my foundation go on like silk. I don't have particularly oily skin but before I started using this primer I would go through around two oil blotting sheets a day (never fully used up, but definitely noticeably oil-ed) and my makeup would come off after a few hours and I'd have to reapply. With this on, I don't have to think about my makeup really. It gives a nicely matte finish but more satiny than full-on matte, which I prefer. I started with the trial size and I've just bought the regular to make sure I won't run out. I'd definitely recommend this if you've tried other primers and had an issue with breakouts because I've been using it every day for two weeks now and my skin's been the same as always.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know why but I thought this would be a pump. That being said it's not a lot of bang for your buck (36 dollars US?) I fell in love with the generous sample I got but this is not the same product. Sigh I guess I am paying for the prestige of having a Smashbox product.. I need to do an update after I try it under foundation or alone on my face not just a pea size on the back of my hand...thanks UPS man:-)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by diane894

An employee at Sephora recommended this primer to me after I told him I have combination skin and wanted something mattifying. I spent $36 on it and I must say I was highly disappointed. I know Smashbox primers have a reputation for causing breakouts but my skin isn't prone to acne so I didn't worry much. After 1 week of use I started to break out along my cheeks and forehead. That isn't the only negative I have for this primer, I didn't notice it help my foundation stay put any longer and I noticed myself getting oily after just an hour or two. I really wanted to like this product but it just wasn't good :/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by fasab88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product has always been one that I've wanted to try. I use the Make Up Forever HD in Neutral (which is very light, sort of like a gentle moisturizer), and I really wanted to try a silicone based primer, but I had been hearing that the original photo finish would surely break me out (even though I have pretty resilient skin with new products, I decided to steer clear). The sales associate at Sephora told me if I tried this I would "never want another primer again", and it is light enough that it won't clog my pores like the original. Even though I really wanted to try it, I didn't want to splurge on the full size and have it break me out, so I opted for the smaller size. I have been using it for one week, mainly concentrated on my t-zone then a smaller amount on the rest of my face. I haven't gotten any blemishes, all though I have noticed very tiny clogged pores on my forehead, nose, and chin. I'm afraid if I continue using it, it will continue to block my pores, which sucks because IT IS AN AWESOME PRIMER! It keeps my face on all day :) doesn't really control oil like the MUFE HD primer, but makes my face super soft... so I've opted to only use it before going out instead of my everyday primer for work, mainly because I don't want to spend the money on the full size (way too expensive, Smashbox!) I love it though, it's definitely a great primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Mlyssailes

Bought the sample size. It was a good thing too, broke me out. :(