Clinique Supermoisture Makeup

3.4

Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, evening primrose oil, peg-10 dimethicone, cladosiphon okamuranus extract, olive fruit extract, cranberry fruit extract, birch bark extract, aloe leaf water, cholesterol, sodium mannose phosphate, trehalose, tocopheryl acetate, sorbitol, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, lecithin, trihydroxystearin, lauroyl lusine, dimethicone/peg 10-15 crosspolymer, zinc stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, laureth-7, triethoxycaprylysilane, dextrin, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [iln32599].

on 9/11/2009 2:24:00 PM

When I first tried this product I was in love! I have dry skin but hate heavy foundation so I'm always on the lookout for something lightweight that actually gives good coverage. I had been using Chanel's teint innocence (too heavy), switched to Armani's face fabric (too light) and was delighted to find a happy medium (and a much cheaper one!!!) in this product. It feels great going on, especially if you have dry skin, and I can even skip using a moisturizer or primer underneath. The packaging is clean, nonmessy and great for travel, plus it's only $22. Now for the cons. While the coverage is great at first, it wears off quickly so expect to reapply if you work 9-5. Also, it has a shimmer that isn't too noticeable but still not ideal in certain lighting. For the price, it's a great deal, but if you're looking for long lasting and/or matte coverage, this isn't for you!

on 9/6/2009 5:54:00 PM

As much as I love the formula--smooth, creamy, easy to blend, moisturizing for my parched dry skin in cold weather--I cannot get over the shimmer. It's not even shimmer, actually--in the sunlight and some overhead lighting, it's really glittery. This is better used as a highlighter or luminizing concealer, not an allover foundation. It's too bad because I really did like the foundation itself, except for the sparkles. I didn't notice at first until my friend asked me why my face was all glittery, and I looked in the mirror in natural light and realized I couldn't use this foundation. And it really made my skin look flawless too . . . I'd repurchase IF there was no glitter--sadly, that is not the case.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

great foundation. Doesn't cake or dry out your skin. The texture is smooth and lightweight which makes it easy to apply. I love the dewy finish. I have combination skin type and it wasn't to oily for me to use. I am using 06 Neutral and im asian.

on 8/20/2009 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wish "maybe" was a choice for "Would you buy this product again?" The verdict is still out on this one. On one hand, I love the feel of this: so creamy and it doesn't settle into fine lines. I've been looking for a foundation for *cough* mature skin for a while, but this also has glitter. Okay, shimmer, but in bright sunlight, it's not exactly subtle. Like most of Clinique's foundation, the color selection is a bit paltry. I'm wearing Pure Porcelain, and it's close, but not perfect. It's supposed to be neutral, but I find it a bit yellow. The next closest shade with pink undertones was a bit too dark. Another negative? The tube is a little skimpy. (I'm not a huge fan of foundation in a tube: lots of wasted product.)

Update: Returned. The glitter was too much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This did not irritate my skin and is very moisturizing. The finish was nice, except for the shimmer! Honestly, this foundation would be nearly perfect without the shimmer. Or if they reduced the shimmer by about 90%.

This is the worst foundation I've even spent my money on. It shouldn't even be marketed as a foundation, it should just be marketed as an 'illuminizer', 'highlighter' or something similar. It is just a tube full of beige shimmer. Who would put that much shimmer in foundation? Some slight shimmer is tolerable, but just blotches of shimmer.

The first time I wore it, it looked fine when I applied it (I was indoors, with no sufficient light). It was easy to apply, and quite moisturizing. I gave a light coverage. I liked it. BUT as soon as I got to my car and check my makeup, OMG!! Shimmer! Face load of shimmer. I thought it'll be alright, I'll just blot it off (I was really short of time, and I was rushing to school). My boyfriend never really notice my makeup~ but that day, the first thing he said was "Did you get attack by pixie dust?" AHHHH! Horrified!! I just went and wash my whole face and go foundation-less.

Too bad I couldn't return it since I bought it online. =(
A waste of money!! Hope nobody would do the same mistake as I did.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Having pretty dry skin, I was hoping to really like this, but I don't, at all. Rather than feeling moisturizing, it just feels really thick and greasy and it never seems to dry once you put it on. The color does not match my skin and it looks really cakey, even when I apply a small amount. There is also lots of little glitter particles in it that I dislike. $20+ wasted.

on 7/12/2009 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have combination skin that leans on the drier side and this was the recommendation I got at the Clinique counter. It's a great, light-weight summer foundation for me. It doesn't have a ton of coverage, but it has enough to cover my redness, and even my skin out a bit. It's a gel-like consistency and gives a nice dewy finish that can be matted down in oily areas with a translucent powder. It doesn't dry out my skin or feel heavy or greasy, so it strikes a nice balance for me.

My only real gripe is that the tube is kind of small, and I feel like have to use quite a bit of product compared to my other more liquidy foundations to cover my entire face.

on 5/23/2009 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

At first I loved this product. Other foundations would cling to dry skin but this smoothed on lovely with a sponge and stayed on all day. It was very glittery for me but I tried to hide that with a powder on top of it.

I'm on my second tube and maybe my skin has changed but its started feeling quite heavy and greasy and I'm very shiny when I get home from work. It doesn't blend as nicely as it used to and I look a bit splotchy and uneven even though I'm applying it exactly the same as I used to.

However, I think 30ml goes a long long way and for the price that is good value. I might use something else this summer and return to this in the winter when my skin is drier.

on 5/3/2009 9:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a genourous sample of this foundation from a SA, I was looking for a foundation that looks good on dry skin. She gave me color nr.6 neutral just to try, when she made the sample I could see that some of the colors had more shimmer/glitter then the others. This color did not look good with my skintone at all, it was to light and to pinkish, but the SA said it was just to try the foundation and if I liked it I could come back for another color. The texture of this foundation is very creamy and it's easy to use but for some reason I just did not like it. It could be a nice foundation if it matches your skincolor but I found that most of these foundations tend to have a pink undertone and that's not a match for me.