April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by surburbanurgency

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having pretty dry skin, I was hoping to really like this, but I don't, at all. Rather than feeling moisturizing, it just feels really thick and greasy and it never seems to dry once you put it on. The color does not match my skin and it looks really cakey, even when I apply a small amount. There is also lots of little glitter particles in it that I dislike. $20+ wasted.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have combination skin that leans on the drier side and this was the recommendation I got at the Clinique counter. It's a great, light-weight summer foundation for me. It doesn't have a ton of coverage, but it has enough to cover my redness, and even my skin out a bit. It's a gel-like consistency and gives a nice dewy finish that can be matted down in oily areas with a translucent powder. It doesn't dry out my skin or feel heavy or greasy, so it strikes a nice balance for me.

My only real gripe is that the tube is kind of small, and I feel like have to use quite a bit of product compared to my other more liquidy foundations to cover my entire face.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2009 11:58:00 AM More reviews by missjanesmith

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At first I loved this product. Other foundations would cling to dry skin but this smoothed on lovely with a sponge and stayed on all day. It was very glittery for me but I tried to hide that with a powder on top of it.

I'm on my second tube and maybe my skin has changed but its started feeling quite heavy and greasy and I'm very shiny when I get home from work. It doesn't blend as nicely as it used to and I look a bit splotchy and uneven even though I'm applying it exactly the same as I used to.

However, I think 30ml goes a long long way and for the price that is good value. I might use something else this summer and return to this in the winter when my skin is drier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 9:14:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a genourous sample of this foundation from a SA, I was looking for a foundation that looks good on dry skin. She gave me color nr.6 neutral just to try, when she made the sample I could see that some of the colors had more shimmer/glitter then the others. This color did not look good with my skintone at all, it was to light and to pinkish, but the SA said it was just to try the foundation and if I liked it I could come back for another color. The texture of this foundation is very creamy and it's easy to use but for some reason I just did not like it. It could be a nice foundation if it matches your skincolor but I found that most of these foundations tend to have a pink undertone and that's not a match for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 8:19:00 AM More reviews by sharonkumar

this by far as got to be one of the worst foundations Ive ever tried.What is with the disco ball-ish shimmers? It looks awfu when applied.It smelled bed too.Just horrible really.You can find a better foundation at a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by spring416

I have been using this product for about a month and I have been happy with it so far. I have dry skin which has gotten drier as I've gotten older, so tried it because of the "Supermoisture" in the name. I don't like to wear a lot of makeup. This provides moderate coverage, and I don't feel like I have a lot of makeup on. It also gives a dewy look. It does not have SPF, but I always use a moisturizer with SPF so that doesn't bother me. I will definitely purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by lilyuyen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like the old version better. the new one is less shimmery and is too light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am always reviewing foundations. My skin is changing and I am changing foundations for the first time in a long time. I had a cache of the foundations I have used, and now I am afraid I will have to put them aside for a while.
My superdry skin has become superdrier. I saw reviews for this foundation on MUA and thought - supermoist? That sounds good.
I proceeded to hurriedly get to the mall and was matched for Ivory 04, one of the lightest shades. I put my El Daywear Plus on lightly, used a bit of this foundation and set with my honey beige airspun powder.
I put my peach terrazzio Merle Norman blush on with a kubuki brush.
Is this really me, I said to myself. Who is this person? I went shopping that afternoon in Beaumont, Texas and I cannot tell you how many people commented on my skin. With my coral lipstick and my peach blush I felt radiant, but did not expect others to say so exactly.
I am not bragging - it is the foundation's fault. I have never used anything like it and do not even understand it - why it looks this good.
It is very moist looking, so without a bit of dusting powder to set it, it looks too gleamy, but then - Voila! - the miracle happens. I was so happy, I bought another tube that very afternoon! You know how they are ALWAYS discontinuing our favorite things. I am digressing, but EL discontinued their True, Futurist, and Sumptious lipsticks - all of these were great. I had the grace to stock up on some of my favorites.
I will keep a watch that they do not do that to this wonderful foundation - might have to sue! (grin) If your dry skin is frustrating you like a dust-bomb - try this!!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by SuperPeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in December since my skin has been absolutely crazy dry this winter. My previous powder foundation was really drying out my skin and emphasizing the flakes and redness. It does a great job with coverage and does not seem to irritate my sensitive skin - although I have noticed that I have more clogged pores than before but I have attributed this to whatever hormonal changes are impacting my skin.
Until I find something better this is the foundation for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 5:00:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

I just couldn't afford my beloved Chantecaille Future Skin, so I went looking for an alternative. This is the foundation I turn to when money is tight. I like it for when my skin is feeling dry. This gives good coverage, feels dewy and has an almost invisible shimmer to it. My shade is 06 Neutral.
I am on my second tube.