December 22, 2014 | 1842 users online

Cleansers - Spectro - Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2009 9:58:00 AM More reviews by exquis

Basing on positive reviews, i bought this stuff yesterday and i'm so so happy with it! I hate my skin (lotsa clogged pores, small scars) but spectro works so good! Btw, I usually use clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by imaginaryflowers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the cleanser I will keep on purchasing for the rest of my life. Spectro Jel is gentle and really cleans my skin, the smell doesn't bother me for the most part. I use this on my face and neck and my acne has subsided significantly, and I never have any problems with this product overdrying my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Itai

This is an ok product. I didn't notice any difference to my skin since I use this cleanser (a few months). It is really gentle and doesn't leave my skin super dry after I use it. I use my Roc makeup remover before washing my face with Spectro Jel. After removing the makeup with Roc, there are always makeup residues on my face and Spectro Jel doesn't really get rid of the residues. So I don't think it's good for removing makeup. Oh and the smell is awful. After a few days of using it, I got used to the smell, but the first time I opened the bottle, it was terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by glanda

Although it dries my face a little bit, it's steal acceptable... smells rare... Honestly, I didn't expect it works so tough, I though it's very gentle... But obviously, I was wrong... I can't say it's gentle on my face, but it works for my acne. HP balance, and at least not as tough as Proactive, I would like to recomend it to who have medium acne problem as me. $12.99 for a 500ml bottle, the price is really good too.

Edit: after using it for two weeks, I like it so much~ oh, it's my HG cleanser now~

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Sattie2008

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is truly a great cleaner, as long as you use it as directed. It does need to sit on your skin for at least 30 secs to be effective. It is perfect for sensitive blemish prone skin. Since using it (as per directions), my skin is smoother, clearer and softer without stripping it dry. What I like doing is putting it on my face when it is dry and letting it sit while I remove my eye makeup then wiping off the Spectro Jel to remove some of the makeup and sunscreen before washing my face with another squirt of Jel and letting that application sit for at least 30 seconds.

If you use heavy makeup then this is not a cleanser to remove all the residue, use another cleanser or makeup remover before using Spectro Jel.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by cail08

I just started using this again cause my skin was breaking out like mad.. and i forgot how good it was, i was trying to remember what I used last year at school and why I changed my cleanser.. my skin is combination but sensitive and I love this stuff, it has definitely helped my skin clear up and i'm sure it will continue to do so!... i recommend it to all of y'all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by abbykariya

I ALWAYS seem to be going back to this cleanser...i've been using it on and off and on and off and on and off for about... 10 years. I can't say enough about it.

It is a weird jelly texture...and it smells kinda medicinal but it works like a charm. It doesn't make your skin feel like it's overly 'clean' like tingly or anything, but it is SO gentle it works really great for when you are suffering from dry skin in the winter, or are using a new acne med (like me- my derm gave me neostrata glycolic acid toner (8%) mixed with clynaminacin)

I like to alternate between this cleanser and some other face washes (oil of olay daily facials, or neutrogena 'wave') every other day or so. This face wash does a decent job of removing make up, so I would use this on a 'light makeup' day or stick to using this for the morning.

This a great alternative to cetaphil cause I feel it cleans better, and i love the gel texture vs. 'cream/lotion' feeling of cetaphil! I really do love this cleanser...i always have this on stock even if I am alternating between/ using another one for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by 7954

no matter what I try I always come back to this
HOLY GRAIIIIIL CLEANSERRR!
its just super gentle, doesn't irritate my skin, keeps it balanced and happy!
if cetaphil dried your skin out (like it did for me), try spectrogel :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to buy this thinking it was the same as the regular kind but gentler. It did clean my skin but didn't help with any break outs or flakiness I had on my skin all that much. It really smells like alcohol compared to the regular brand. It's not a bad product but I am sticking to the regular stuff as it seems to help out my skin more so than this version.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by darcy123

I've used this cleanser (purple bottle) on and off for years and have recently put it back into my skin care rotation. My skin is oily and acne prone so I generally use an acne cleanser in the morning. Over this past winter, I've been battling some dry flaky patches so I decided to go back to basics with my skin care routine and began using this cleanser again. Within a week, the flaky mess was almost gone and my skin just feels softer and calmer. If you read the ingredient list on this cleanser, you'll find it doesn't contain SLS, parabens, fragrance or lanolins. It's no frills, but also non-irrating. At night, I team this with Clinique TTDO balm to remove make-up as this cleanser by itself is not enough to remove ss or long-wearing foundation. A 500mL pump bottle of this can often be bought on sale for $10. A great bargin for great looking skin.