Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

on 9/26/2009 4:33:00 PM

This is in genreal a great cleanser.
Pros
-non drying
-oil free
-does not cause breakouts or agrivate existing ones
-very balancing

cons
- does not remove makeup as well as i need it to

sometimes i use a foaming cleanser to remove makeup and then this so i have a balanced base to apply treatment

Update: you dont know what you've got till it's gone! i recently rebought this after months of cleansers that left my skin dry, broken out and just generally irritated. everytime i go back to this i ask myself why i switched in the first place , oh yeah it sucks at taking off eye makeup and im to lazy for 2 steps but i will glady add an extra step to my routine to have breakout free skin that is calm and soft.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

The greatest cleanser I have ever used, it's cheap and cleanses very well with out the icky film cetaphil cleanser left.I love the pump bottle. I now use the lotion as well because I\m young and all I need are gentle simple products for my skin.

on 8/5/2009 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've used this product for over two years, and then decided to try a different face wash (stupid of me to!). I went and got me a bottle of Khiel's Centella fashwash, that broke my fingers out into a fit of eczema and did almost nothing for my face. Then I decided to try Rocky Mountain Soap's avocado soap, again it did nothing for my face and I just kept breaking out even more. Then I decided to switch over to Derma E's glycolic cleanser. I thought it was working for me, but in the end I just broke up in to a million zits. (I used Derma E's Tea Tree (Clear Skin 3) face cream too). Frustrated, I just went and picked up another bottle of Spectro Jel Problem Prone Skin, and just after 3 days, my face is finally starting to clear up again. I don't even know WHY I strayed from this God sent face wash. The best facial cleanser that I've used.

on 7/15/2009 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a huge bottle of this maybe...6 months ago. Real cheap. I'm a teenager so my skin tends to get really messy whenever I don't eat right or whatever. First of all: the SMELL! Okay, I'm not a big fan of flowery fragrances or fruity smells when I wash my skin. But this is even worse. It smells awful, like alcohol or something. Anyways, beside the smell, it's not too effective, though it NEVER made me break out. It just doesn't worsen acne, that's all. It never totally cleared out my face or anything. I go back to this whenever I break out more than usual. It does help a little but that's all. It's really gentle because of the gel-like consistency. Another thing that bothers me: the product always gets stuck in the pump. The gel tends to dry out when it's in contact with the air for too long. So I always need to clean the thing, which is kind of annoying. Last thing: DO NOT expect this to take off your makeup. This product is not meant to do so.

on 7/8/2009 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Was first introduced to Spectro Jel when I was on Accutane for a little while. I love this cleanser, have been using it for over 10 years now. I'm resigned to the fact that nothing will ever control my skin completely, or stop me from breaking out once in a while, but still...this cleanser is great. Totally doesn't dry your skin out at all. It's different, because I was always used to using cleansers that made suds...the more the better, I thought! This really is just a gel, no suds. But it still leaves your face feeling clean.
There's a "matching" moisturizer available now. I want to try that too!

on 7/6/2009 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I was put on Accutane about a year ago. My skin basically became raw for the 6 month coarse. The ONLY thing my dermatologist recommend for me was this face wash. I was able to use this and it didn't irritate my skin what so ever. Also, now that I'm off of it it still works just as great for me. It cleans my skin without being harsh. When I first started using this I thought it wasn't cleansing my skin because its so gentle but it does. Just make sure you follow the directions of rubbing the cleanser in circular motions for 30 seconds. I usually only use this in the morning or at night after my neutrogena cleanser. The only downside to this is it doesn't remove make up that well. I would totally recommend this cleanser to anyone with skin problems. Sometimes, when you have bad skin and you use harsh products your only making the problem worse!!

on 6/24/2009 9:58:00 AM

Basing on positive reviews, i bought this stuff yesterday and i'm so so happy with it! I hate my skin (lotsa clogged pores, small scars) but spectro works so good! Btw, I usually use clinique.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is the cleanser I will keep on purchasing for the rest of my life. Spectro Jel is gentle and really cleans my skin, the smell doesn't bother me for the most part. I use this on my face and neck and my acne has subsided significantly, and I never have any problems with this product overdrying my skin.

on 5/22/2009 11:32:00 PM

This is an ok product. I didn't notice any difference to my skin since I use this cleanser (a few months). It is really gentle and doesn't leave my skin super dry after I use it. I use my Roc makeup remover before washing my face with Spectro Jel. After removing the makeup with Roc, there are always makeup residues on my face and Spectro Jel doesn't really get rid of the residues. So I don't think it's good for removing makeup. Oh and the smell is awful. After a few days of using it, I got used to the smell, but the first time I opened the bottle, it was terrible.

on 5/17/2009 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Although it dries my face a little bit, it's steal acceptable... smells rare... Honestly, I didn't expect it works so tough, I though it's very gentle... But obviously, I was wrong... I can't say it's gentle on my face, but it works for my acne. HP balance, and at least not as tough as Proactive, I would like to recomend it to who have medium acne problem as me. $12.99 for a 500ml bottle, the price is really good too.

Edit: after using it for two weeks, I like it so much~ oh, it's my HG cleanser now~