OPI Vodka & Caviar

4.6

on 8/16/2008 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love my reds...and I do think this one is quite handsome.

Honestly, I thought this would be more tinged with orange...but after applying I found it had a touch of blue.
It looks quite elegant on my hands and I do enjoy it...but I tend to prefer a neutral, bordering on the orange toned red.
Very easy application -- two coats made it perfect.
While I like it a lot...I doubt I would buy it, again -- mostly because I have so many other reds I am totally ga-ga over.

on 7/21/2008 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When you have as many shades of red nail polish as I do, one must surely get to the point when one can only be underwhelmed by any new red acquisition. Spurred on by the good reviews here I bought Vodka and Caviar, and have not regretted it for a second. OPI don't make many cream shades with no shimmer, but when they do, they invariably get it dead on, and this one is no exception.
It's quite a neutral red (tending very slightly toward orange tones) so should be flattering on most skin tones. It's quite similar to OPI's 25 Colorful Years, which is slightly more blue-toned.
Because it doesn't have any shimmer it benefits greatly from having a top coat reapplied every couple of days to keep up the shine.
Quality is up the usual OPI standard. with 2 coats I get perfect finish and consistency. For the perfect retro red polish you'd be hard pressed to find better than this. Looks particularly good with short nails.

on 7/7/2008 9:17:00 AM

This beautiful red jelly is my HG red color. Besides being gorgeous, it goes on totally opaque in ONE coat! I have fairly long nails and don't usually wear a lot of reds because they tend to make my nails look tacky and hooker-ish, but this color was very complimentary and classy looking.

on 6/16/2008 6:36:00 PM

like this color. It is a true red and I love it. Reminds me of when i was a little girl i always wanted to have a pretty red nails. I get 2 coats and add with Essie Good to go". i love this combination. very sexy and hot!!!!! great

on 5/10/2008 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

VERY NAICE.
with the"a".

it made me feel classy. like a woman from the 1940s or 1950s.
the red is shiny and glossy, and super high-quality.

on 5/6/2008 11:32:00 PM

This is the perfect red creme n/p. Not too orange, not too blue. A great classic red that's slightly, just ever so slightly, blue-toned. It's so much more gorgeous on than it is in the bottle. Give it a try.

on 5/2/2008 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really enjoy this red by OPI. Looks great on my toes!

on 2/23/2008 9:04:00 PM

This is one of those perfect red jellies that you so hope to find! Coverage is perfect; two coats are fully opaque. It is a very classy red with a very slight blue undertone which only underscores its true red quality. Definitely a winner for red lovers!

on 2/22/2008 2:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was not at all impressed with this after receiving it in a swap. As others have mentioned, it is a different color when applied then it is in the bottle. On my nails this appears as a cherry red. Definitely more of a pinky red than I was expecting. It's not horrible, but I don't understand the raves for this particular color - maybe it's the cool name!

I was extremely excited when i spotted Vodka and Caviar at the manicurist's - gorgeous name and a beautiful retro pin-up red.

However I was terribly disappointed after it was painted on, it looked so much better in the bottle! On my toes, it had that orange tinge that made it look cheap and aged, and the shine doesn't last. It wasn't that true bright red that it seemed in the bottle.

For a true red I'd still prefer Double Decker Red over this anytime.

Top Rated OPI Products