September 1, 2014 | 1986 users online

Polishes - OPI - Vodka & Caviar

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by JenE143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a beautiful, classic, deep red creme polish. It holds up well and applies nicely, although it does dry just a little unevenly (at least on me). It's held up well with minimal chipping. As with all OPI polishes - great quality and nice shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Caliburnfaire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my reds...and I do think this one is quite handsome.

Honestly, I thought this would be more tinged with orange...but after applying I found it had a touch of blue.
It looks quite elegant on my hands and I do enjoy it...but I tend to prefer a neutral, bordering on the orange toned red.
Very easy application -- two coats made it perfect.
While I like it a lot...I doubt I would buy it, again -- mostly because I have so many other reds I am totally ga-ga over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When you have as many shades of red nail polish as I do, one must surely get to the point when one can only be underwhelmed by any new red acquisition. Spurred on by the good reviews here I bought Vodka and Caviar, and have not regretted it for a second. OPI don't make many cream shades with no shimmer, but when they do, they invariably get it dead on, and this one is no exception.
It's quite a neutral red (tending very slightly toward orange tones) so should be flattering on most skin tones. It's quite similar to OPI's 25 Colorful Years, which is slightly more blue-toned.
Because it doesn't have any shimmer it benefits greatly from having a top coat reapplied every couple of days to keep up the shine.
Quality is up the usual OPI standard. with 2 coats I get perfect finish and consistency. For the perfect retro red polish you'd be hard pressed to find better than this. Looks particularly good with short nails.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by oceanmist27

This beautiful red jelly is my HG red color. Besides being gorgeous, it goes on totally opaque in ONE coat! I have fairly long nails and don't usually wear a lot of reds because they tend to make my nails look tacky and hooker-ish, but this color was very complimentary and classy looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 6:36:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

like this color. It is a true red and I love it. Reminds me of when i was a little girl i always wanted to have a pretty red nails. I get 2 coats and add with Essie Good to go". i love this combination. very sexy and hot!!!!! great

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by hoykirsten

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

VERY NAICE.
with the"a".

it made me feel classy. like a woman from the 1940s or 1950s.
the red is shiny and glossy, and super high-quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by glindetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the perfect red creme n/p. Not too orange, not too blue. A great classic red that's slightly, just ever so slightly, blue-toned. It's so much more gorgeous on than it is in the bottle. Give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this red by OPI. Looks great on my toes!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by duffimac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those perfect red jellies that you so hope to find! Coverage is perfect; two coats are fully opaque. It is a very classy red with a very slight blue undertone which only underscores its true red quality. Definitely a winner for red lovers!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 2:17:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not at all impressed with this after receiving it in a swap. As others have mentioned, it is a different color when applied then it is in the bottle. On my nails this appears as a cherry red. Definitely more of a pinky red than I was expecting. It's not horrible, but I don't understand the raves for this particular color - maybe it's the cool name!