September 20, 2014 | 1781 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LaurenJP1982

This is my favorite of the poison series. I like them all, but this one makes me feel so dark, sultry, exotic and sexy. I wear it whenever I want to feel intoxicating and a bit heady. I don't notice any masculinity in this scent unlike other reviewers. I get compliments every time I wear it. The packaging is beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

I would have to describe this perfume as 'hit and miss'.. the first time i tried it in a department store i loved it. it was super long lasting, and smelled to me like a beautiful and complex blend of patchouli, rose and something orange blossom-esque. a while later, when i got my own bottle of it, i have to say it smelt quite different indeed to that which i remembered. maybe i was having a good day when i first tried it. now, all i smell is pure patchouli, and a lot of masculinity. definitely smells more like a cologne than a perfume. i wouldn't buy it again once it runs out. its good for the occasional day when you want to feel striking in a masculine kinda way, and it has great lasting power, but ultimately on me its just patchouli in a bottle, and why pay so much for something so simple?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Cosette86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love love LOVE this perfume.

I really loathed poison, but midnight poison is just amazing. I keep getting complements everytime I wear this perfume and my boyfriend loves it (I mean, he should, since he got it for me on valentines!)

The bottle looks really sophisticated and elegant, which is the exact reflection of this scent. Perfect for evenings out,

Would definately repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 10:59:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have now tried every poison except tendre, yay! O.K., I like this a lot.
Once again I like something a lot of people dont, thats cool with me I've always been...different. haha...but really, I think the problem is that many of you perhaps smell on a card (huge mistake when sampling any perfume since they "dry down" and change, often dramatically) because at first this is a bit masculine, though I dont feel an average man would even wear this. It is extremely dry, especially compared to all of these popular sugar confections such as pink sugar, euphoria, ver irresistable sensual, just to name a few. HOWEVER, it does dry down into something a tiny bit sweet, floral, and interesting. Maybe even a touch of a weird vanilla? I simply like it a lot. I think it would be suitable for night OR day, it is not too "midnight" or dark or whatever. I really dont know if I'll actually buy a bottle for now since I think ive found all the faves I need, and I like them more...but who knows a bottle may be in my future

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

For a fragrance with patchouli in it, it's not that bad. It seems like a lot of fragrances completely overdo the patchouli, but this one doesn't. I just don't particularly like it or think of it as anything special. Hypnotic Poison is so much better, as is Dior Addict.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 4:32:00 AM More reviews by peters74

midnight poison is simply an insult to all (the other various) forms of "poison" in the christian dior line... totally and utterly unwearable. gaahhh. (however, there IS stunning advertising and packaging involved- as there always is from dior - but in this case, don't get suckered in!) they should have named this one "toxic poison"... just a very disappointing release- especially from such a fine house of couture like dior.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2008 6:11:00 AM More reviews by isenephthys

i was so excited to try midnight poison. i thought the ads were lovely; i adore pure poison; i also like my scents a little bit darker and richer. i tried some on in the store- ugh! it was immediately nausea and headache inducing. i couldn't wash it off quickly enough. sadly, i didn't leave it on long enough to pinpoint exactly what was so off-putting about the scent, but it was gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Stacy17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this in my last Sephora order, and upon reading that patchouli was one of the notes, I thought to myself, no f***ing way. Who wants to go around smelling like a Grateful Dead concert, I ask you? So I can hardly believe how much I completely dig this fragrance. I test-drove it this morning, and hours later was still loving it. My 4-year-old apparently likes it too--when I picked her up from preschool, she said "OOOOHHHH, Mommy smells good!"

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Randomly tried on @ Sephora and thought it was okay....20 minutes later i was like, I SMELL INCREDIBLE! I went back and bought the 3.4oz! It does seem a little masculine at first, but feminizes into a sexy,dark, but not overpowering lusty velvet aroma!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:30:00 PM More reviews by oceanmist27

I love Poison & Pure Poison...Midnight Posion-not at all. I tried it twice on me and it really smelled awful. I don't mind pachouli but this was waaaay overwhelming. And mixed with what I can only describe as a very strong "cough drop" smell = not for me.