November 26, 2014 | 1619 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Sleek Look Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2006 1:16:00 PM More reviews by tetrakis

2nd. Update: I no longer use the sleek.look shampoo, just the conditioner. I think the sleek.look shampoo is better suited to someone who washes every day or has very coarse hair, but I only wash 2 or 3 times a week. Plus, my hair isn't *very* coarse, just dry, so the conditioner tends to build up a bit too much for me when I use the ultra-gentle sleek.look shampoo. I now pair the sleek.look conditioner with paul mitchel's shampoo one (which works well as a clarifier for me) every time I wash, and my hair is like the first time I ever tried sleek.look every single time I wash/condition. If you've tried this line but have issues with build up, I highly suggest using a more clarifying shampoo for great results. Update: Few weeks later, and I am still loving these products. I have completely ditched all of my smoothing products except maybe one serum for days when I blow dry. Most days, I air-dry my naturally wavy hair, and these products save me sooooo much time in the morning. No more sectioning and applying smoothing serum to keep frizz away. I just shampoo, condition, comb, go. I can't wait to try the styling products in this line! These are definitely my new HG's =). Do note that these products are intended to "build-up" smoothing ingredients on the hair, so you may prefer to use a clarifying shampoo once per week if it becomes too heavy for your tastes. *Original review*. All I can say is WOW! =) My hair type: long, medium thickness, slightly wavy but blowdries straight nicely when humidity is low but usually very frizzy in humid months, very dry due to a full highlight, "combination" meaning my scalp gets greasy after 24 hours but the ends are always dry. I normally use Redken Allsoft products (for probably the past 3 or 4 years) and I like the softness they supply, but I am very frustrated with constantly having to apply smoothing serums (I normally use redken smooth down heat glide) to my hair every day for extra smoothness and shine. It seems that even the very moisturizing Allsoft products just cannot smooth the rough cuticle of my hair enough, and to make matters worse, I live in humid gainesville, florida (they don't call it "the swamp" just because of the Gators..it really is a swamp here!). I've heard and read so many good things about the Sleek Look product line, that I finally decided to try it and see if it really does smooth the hair. To really test it's smoothing ability, I used only the shampoo and conditioner today (no smoothing or styling products at all), and I am very, very impressed! I only flipped my head over, did a rough blowdry, put it up in a little bun to "cool" this morning, and everyone has been commenting on how great my hair looks today! It still has body but is completely smooth and shiney, no products required! I can definitely appreciate anything that saves me time getting ready in the morning, so I'll be sticking with this stuff at least through the entire bottle. This conditioner made my hair feel like silk in the shower, exceptionally smooth, and I really enjoy the fresh, citrusy scent. Do note, however, that it is intended to deposit silicone and smoothing ingredients on the hair, so it doesn't rinse completely "clean" in the shower. I suspect this is normal. At this point, I am ready to repurchase indefinitely, but I will update in a few weeks if I notice anything I don't like.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by glbrannon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although this product will leave your hair softer and smoother, it does so by leaving your hair somewhat greasy as well. It took me some time to realize that this conditioner was causing the oiliness near my scalp. After switching back to good ol' Pantene the problem resolved itself. I tried using less, but it is so difficult to rinse out that I finally just stopped using it altogether. Only for the most chemically damaged/frizzy hair I'd say.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by kristi1285

After reading all the good reviews, I was hoping this conditioner would work for me as well but nope..after I dried my fine hair, it immediately felt heavy and coated and it did nothing for frizzies. It sucks because I love the smell and consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2006 12:12:00 PM More reviews by aleusha

I use this conditioner along with the Sleek.look shampoo whenever I am straightening my hair (using the blowdryer and ceramic flat iron). I've tried many hair products, and this product line definitely lives up to expectations in creating sleek and smooth hair. It helps my hair stay straight longer than with any other shampoo. My hair (which is normally wavy and frizzy) is much shinier, frizz-free, and smooth after using this product line. I've received many compliments after using Matrix Sleek.look products, and I would recommend it to anyone who wears their hair straight.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2006 6:09:00 PM More reviews by bobscat123

This was a nice conditioner. It made my naturally straight thick hair smoother. I bought the 8.5 oz and the stupid cap broke of just when i got it. Another complaint about the packaging is the actual bottle, it is soooo hard to squeeze the product out! But its a decent condtioner, I dont use it everyday, ony 2 a week or so when i decide to use my matrix sleeklook creme.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Jon99

This really straightened my hair. I love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 10:51:00 AM More reviews by steph6890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE IT! i have curly hair and i HAVE NO FriZZ at all when i use it! and i LOVE the smell!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Rts1

Makes my hair smooth and soft, I just need to alternate this and avoid using near my roots so my hair does not become weighed down.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by toonda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner did leave my hair very soft and relatively smooth. However, it is very silicone rich and I wonder what that will do to my hair in the long run. The price seems pretty reasonable for salon brands since you get a big bottle for about $10. The smell doesn't seem good or bad - I really don't notice it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 3:46:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

I just finished up a HUGE bottle of this from about three years ago, and I still love it. It makes my long, coarse, color-treated hair so soft and easy to comb through. It also doesn't build up like most moisturizing conditioners do, which is a MAJOR plus. My only gripe is the SMELL. It smells like straight chemicals to me, not fresh and clean at all. I figured since it had been so long since I bought this they might have changed the scent/formula a little bit, but it still has that same strange chemical smell. That's okay, though. I can get over the scent as long as this keeps working the way it has. :)