July 31, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Coffeeandlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great! My eyelids can get super oily and my eyeshadow often creases. But with this it lasts a 10 hour work day! It sometimes feels a little drying though so I've started only using it every other day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by MsSharoness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a fantastic base for oily, creased eyelids.

It creates a perfect canvas for eyeshadows to adhere to.
Eyeshadow are more brilliant.
Eyeshadow stays on until I take it off..finally!
That ugly crease at the end of day, not with this.
It is well worth the price. A little goes a long way.

Good job MAC! I hope they always make this product. I have bought this item 3x. I wil buy more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This Paint Pot works great as an eye primer. It prevents creases, eyeshadow goes on smoothly, and makes a great base, making my eyes look much brighter and evening my skin tone on my eyelids and under my eyes.

If I am going out and want my foundation to last (and prevent my skin from getting oily) I will sometimes put a tiny bit of this on my t-zone area under my foundation to help it stay put.

After trying several eye makeup primer brands, the MAC Paint Pot is the only one that does what the other primers promised! All of the others I have tried have left me with creases on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by kimberlycarmen

Love love love MAC's paint pots. Especially Painterly, it is such a great color base for putting on eyeshadow. I use other MAC shades (and sometimes Stila) and they last all day if I put on painterly. The packaging is a nice glass pot, and I see the protduct lasting quite a while, even though I use it daily. $18 is so worth it for this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent eyeshadow primer! When you wear an eyeshadow on top of that..... it lasts the whole day-night without creasing! the thing that I don' really like.. it is the color.. and that because when I bought it I wanted an everyday nude ''eyeshadow'' for my no make-up makeup! So when I only wear this... the result isn't the best.. it's kind of pink-grey-nude on me...(I'm very pale- NC10) So in conclusion.... painterly is a fantastic eyeshadow base-primer BUT i think it's the wrong shade for me..... I will not repurchase it... I think soft ochre would suit me better...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

I do like this product. It is a good primer and really keeps the shadows from creasing. The only thing I don't like is the texture. It needs to be MUCH more creamy!. I would give it a 4 out 5 for the texture, but the ridiculous price has made me give this product a 3.

Realistically, I can buy a primer for 1/3 the price that works better so I won't be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 8:52:00 PM More reviews by krysownzu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this a long time ago, but only used it once. I wish I kept using it, because I tried it again this week, and now I will not go without it. I used to use Soft Ochre on a daily basis because I thought Painterly was a little too pinkish for my skin, but I was wrong. This stuff is great. Use it alone to even out your lids, or under any shadow. Whoever mentioned the word "elegant", and being able to use this for elegant looks, is exactly what I was thinking. The is really good stuff.... I like it much more than Soft Ochre now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by audmac

I swapped for this not expecting to like it but its become hg for me in my morning eye makeup routine. I use it as a primer+base, it evens out my redness and matches my skintone perfectly. My eyeshadow lasts all day just as it does with a good primer like udpp or tfsi. Prior to this I used illamasqua hollow in the same way but that color was actually not as good a color match to my skin as this is. This stuff is just the right consistancy - not too creamy and not too dry. Its wonderful and I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by twits0123

So I bought two Paint Pots, one in Groundwork and the other in Painterly.Painterly suits my skin tone as a primer better but they both work fantastically, I'm not quite sure if they were meant to be cream shadows or primers but they work as both! Painterly really helps my eyeshadow pop and keeps my eyeliner and eyeshadow on for at least 2 more hours.They dry as a matte finish and they're extremely creamy when you apply. I kind of wish they had more colors so it could be a crean eyeshadow but overall I'm super satisfied! A++++ if thats possible..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by kattleya

I've seen beauty blogger raved about this product and i also check the rating from makeup alley first thing before i bought it. Price is average for high end product, but i can see that this product should perform better.

i have greasy lids, even when my entire face is normal or kinda oily in some area, my lids are definitely produces more oil than any other area of my face. Yes, it creases on me, i should've seen it coming. I can't wear this alone, unless i want my eyeshadow to melt. So i must pair this with Urban Decay's Primer Potion, it helps the Painterly to stay in place.

I must admit that the colour is beautiful, it hides any discolouration and left my lids looking very flawless. The texture is creamy on my fingers but turns dry upon blending. if you have dry patch around your lids it will definitely emphasise it. It also makes my eyeshadow looks vivid. I have tried to apply this with my finger, with concealer brush, from dabbing to dragging. But so far the best method for me is dabbing it with my finger.

I really wanted to love Painterly, but however i try it doesn't work well at the end.