GHD IV Styler (all sizes)

4.6

ummm ceramic duahhh

on 4/30/2010 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Wow! I love my GHD. It heats up so fast, straightens my coarse frizzy wannabe curly hair so nicely and it makes it shiny. I love that I have to go through one section of my hair only once. It was not cheap, but it is totally worth the price. This is one of the few things that is cheaper in Europe, I paid only 138$ (original! I checked the code :)) on www.feelunique.com, including shipping.

on 4/29/2010 3:19:00 AM

I was very lucky and i got this as a birthday present, i think i was 21 or 22 when i got it. I took me ages to really use it regulalry, because i used to just get away with blowdrying and i am an expert blowdrier :P

over the years i use it to to create lovely straight hair thats soft and shiny and bouncy curls. I have used friends hair straighteners (non GHD) and was not really happy. the non GHDs dont heat up as fast and talk about not even getting hot! takes ages to get your hair straight and forget about curls! they non GHDs you have to go over you hair a few times to achive that really dead straight look. curls are a breeze to do as well! and the curls can last you like a whole day!

these days i probbaly reach for my ghd a few times a week when i want to strighten out the bottom half of my hair. I have asian straightish hair, so i avoid straighening the whole thing,otherwise i have flat hair.

all in all i have had my GHD close to 7 years and its still alive, still heats up quickly and still does a fab job, still in mint condition too. Ive dropped it heaps of time on tiles and its still ok! if anything all i find now is the outside barrel gets hot if i leave it on for too long. My fingers burn a bit. I cant remember if it used to do that. I'll still keep on using it until it dies!

on 4/29/2010 2:33:00 AM

When I first bought this flat iron I just about cried at how much I spent. But trust me, it is worth every penny.

I have been using it almost every day for over 2 years, and I have never had a bad hair day. As long as you shower, completely dry, and comb each section before you straighten your hair, nothing can go wrong. I have had a Chi before, and at first I got the same results as the GHD, but after 4 months it started make my hair really static-y and frizzy.
I have never had a problem with my GHD, it works the same today as it did the day I bought it. My hair is flexible, shiny, and healthy looking. I don't even use product anymore. (Even though I haven't had my hair cut in a year and have massive split ends, you can not tell.) I get compliments all the time.

I will never be able to buy another brand of straightener again<3

on 4/14/2010 12:25:00 PM

I got my hair permed last summer and absolutely hate it. I read about great reviews about the GHD styler and decided to splurge on a good straightening iron since I've used a couple of my friend's and they all left my hair poofy, dry and matte looking. I turn the iron on and spray Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray on my hair, before i'm even done spraying my hair the iron is already ready before i am. Using the GHD is like running god plates through my hair. I never need to straighten it twice, it straightens in one move. I have not mastered curling my hair with the straightener yet but I'm going to practice making waves. I love this and I recommend it to anyone who's willing to save up for a good straightener. Definitely worth the money if you straighten your hair often. I got the pink one, it comes with the cutest bag, clips and comb. The only thing is that, its a bit slippery if you try curling your hair because the outer finish of the iron is a shiny finish.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love my ghds! OMG if I'd known how good they were going to be I would have bought them so much sooner. I have very straight hair anyway so never thought I'd need straighteners so when I chanced upon a styling video on youtube I realised I could get them to style and create waves and they are utterly brilliant. Then I thought well I might as well try them to straighten out my hair (I'd had it tired up in a bun so it was a bit kinked) and wow! It was so sleek and shiny - like my hair but a billion times better! These are awesome. I bought the Salon IV stylers as I have long hair and the wider plates mean I can style my hair in no time at all - I genuinely think every girl should own some ghds. They heat up really quickly and you really do end up having a good hair day. Just be careful of fakes, you might think you're getting a bargain but at the end of the day they're just trying to pass off a cheap, cr*p replica as the genuine article - don't be fooled!

on 4/5/2010 4:39:00 AM

I LOVE my GHD. I use it to straighten my hair a few times a week, and it's super fast, easy and works wonderfully! I haven't noticed a ton of damage to my hair as I have seen in the past with other straighteners either.

on 3/21/2010 6:09:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

gave into the GHD hype, but have to admit they are very good. i have very long wavy thick hair and this is the only way to straighten it. i still can't get the knack of curling with them tho, as i have the salon size.

i got them for 120 or so off the GHD website, but came with 3 products free - shampoo (crap) heat protector spray (ok) and some sort of gel (pointless with a pair of salon size straighteneres i thought!)

worth the investment!

I just LOVE it. I have been using my beloved GHD for almost three years now, every second or third day in order to create curls. I haven't noticed any damage on my fine hair yet, but I must add that I always use conditioner and treatments on my hair to keep it moisturized.
4 days ago my hairdresser used another expensive flat iron on my hair. I can tell you, there is such a huge difference. With a GHD, my hair is SO shiny and bouncy (I always create big curls). It looks healthy, even if I haven't had my ends cut for several months.
As a hairfreak I can recommend this tool as a long term investment in beautiful hair which in the long run is really worth it!!!!

on 3/13/2010 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

What: GHD IV Styler Pink Limited Edition
Where: Christmas Present
Price: Around 130
Why: I'd heard all the rave about them, and my hairdresser used them and I really wanted the salon finish at home
Did it work: Hell, yes!
Look: Sleek, stylish
Good points: Straightens hair perfectly, can be used for curls, waves and volume too, no split ends, salon finish, lightweight, heats up quickly
Bad points: None
Extra comments: I don't think I could live without them! I use them everyday with no problems at all!

Overall rating: 5
Price: 4 (is expensive but is economical)
Packaging Quality: 5
Would I buy again: No, I'd never have to!

Would work for: Everyone, there's a styler for every hair type

on 3/12/2010 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Used them for about 8 years now and I'm on my second set. Will never ever use anything but GHD!! Nothing will ever come close. They are expensive but considering I had my first set for 5 years before they blew up the cost is worth it. I use them every day and I use them to curl my hair too.