July 25, 2014 | 1125 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by coldwarkid

Pros: nice smell, cute packaging
Cons: could not see any effect whatsoever; ridiculously expensive.
I really didn't know if this product did anything for me to be honest. I would say that on days that I've used this, my skin did indeed looked like it was glowing, and the effect pretty much lasted the entire day. Bonus points for the nice smell. As a primer, it's not as impressive because on a recent day outing , my make-up was gone in 60 seconds after being exposed in Manila's excruciatingly hot weather. I only got this in sample size but I wouldn't re-purchase because of the price, and the fact that I really couldn't say if it did anything for me. I've stopped using this though because of a recent awesome discovery, a BB cream from another brand which I will writing a review once I get the chance to.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

I think this is meant to be a dupe like for Mac's Prep + Prime in Recharge or a Rimmel Fix & Perfect 001 but it definitely doesn't perform like its peers.
PROS: The smell is amazing. I actually looked forward to using the primer mostly because it smells so good. It feels nice and smooth on the skin. It initially is very refreshing to use because of the colour, smell and texture but that is short lived as it seems to sink into the skin.
CONS: Primer shouldn't sink into the skin like this does. The brightening power is shortly lived and doesn't really combat the dull after its been applied; but even so, I would buy it up everyday if it didn't cost so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by snowybell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I do notice a difference on days when I use That Gal and when I don't. Face looks more refreshed on days that I use it and make up stays longer too. This is the first and only primer I tried, so I am glad that it works.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Yingaling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't do anything for my skin neither does it make my skin look any better. Nice consistancy though, won't repurchase condering how expensive it is. I guess you're mostly paying for the packaging really

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hancid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The instant perfector of dry, dull sallow skin! This product is not for everyone. It is nothing like those silicone primers so if you're looking for something like that, to prolong the wear and color of your makeup then this primer is NOT for you. What I believe it does is correct discoloration and sallowness of the skin and brightens and helps to perfect the look of the skin. It is perfect for people with dry skin who need brightening. I absolutely love the pink tone it leaves, making the skin appear younger, fresher, alive! Which is good If you're anything like me and look like a walking corpse. It's great if your skin lacks color and is dry but you do not want to tan or use fake tans. It's also great if you have dark skin that tends to look ashy. I absolutely love it, I find I can use much less foundation over top since my skin looks much healthier underneath and it adds more life to my foundation as well. I just wish they gave you more product for your money, it runs out so fast which makes it very costly.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by PandaBY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first apply it it feels kind of dry, not silky or smooth.
It doesn't make any difference, my make up may last just a little bit longer than it does without this primer but I can live without it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Sampled it before i bought it expecting to like it but it really did nothing for me. In my case it'd be just one more product to take up space really. There was no noticable brightening or staying power, anything. Also way too much pink pigment. Maybe it just doesn't work for my skin tone...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 9:51:00 PM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

A great product but i think it is being misunderstood a fair bit here.

First, it is not a generic 'primer' as most of us consider. the benefit website calls it a 'brightening primer' and so it is. the main function of this thing is to brighten ur face and complexion. so if u r looking for a matifying or something that helps ur foundation to stay fresh, that gal is not the one.

secondly, that gal has a quite significant pink tint to it. so it may be more suited to fairer and cooler skin toned girls. i have a neutral cool undertone and medium-fair skin tone, and it works amazingly on my skin. i think if you have a darker skin tone or warmer undertone, that gal may not brighten your skin as effectively as fairer skin tones.

i moisturize my face, then put on my clarins instant smooth perfector primer, followed by that gal all over my face, and finish off with theBalm translucent powder. I also use YSL radiant touch to highlight the high points of my face. the end result is a dewy, fresh and brightened finish. my face looks so natural and fresh and its the perfect combination of makeup if u just feel like something light and natural.

I chose 'will not buy again' becoz i have a lot of other brightening primers / highlighters already....so i feel like a bit of a waste if i stock another brightening product in.. but i run out of my existing stock, i will definitely purchase this again..

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I was attracted to the cute packaging and cute name of this product. It comes out this cute pink from the twist tube and has a sweet, almost strawberry shortcake scent (in a nice way!). Though the packaging was cute, I hated that you couldn't tell how much was in the tube (I suspect, very little). Especially considering this was $28, it felt like the amount of product you got was a rip-off. In terms of its priming properties, I personally didn't much / if any difference in my foundation application or the length of time it stayed on. It was pleasant to use, I'm just not convinced that it did much.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:42:00 PM More reviews by laura23kfp

I generally find any product from Benefit to be very drying on skin and That Gal was no exception. It was very hard to spread on my face and clinged to any dry patches on my face.