September 19, 2014 | 1711 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by tracyliuu

I like this mascara. Now I do agree to other reviewers that it's hard to remove, but on the other hand it's one of the good features of this mascara. However, I don't think it dries super fast, like too fast to fix, cos I find it goes on super nicely, makes my lashes three times longer and thicker. Although I have natural long lashes, they are very thin. This mascara definately creates drama to my eyes. The best part of it is that it does not smudge!!!! I've tried so many brands, and yes, including Dior and Chanel, and they all smudge maybe because I have oily undereye areas. But since this one is hard to remove, like I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't smudge and stay on all day long. To remove it, I simple take my shower, use face wash, and when I come out, the facewash and the heat basically loosens the mascara from the lashes, so you just use a napkin to wipe it off. If they don't come off completely, just use a bit of eye makeup remover and it should come off easily. In conclusion, if you are like me who have oily undereye areas and all the other mascaras failed to smudge proof, try this one, it won't disappoint you.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by LadyP21

I have this mascara a couple of weeks now, before reviewing it.
I like the build op it gives you, I do one eye at the time and with one dip it apply it like 10 times or something, to build it up and it really gives you long, curly, thick lashes. This mascare can give you really bambi eyes if you curl your lashes first. I suggest you finish one eye aty the time, because indeed it dries quickly, quicker than other mascaras. You can see it also as a plus: if you don't have a lot of time, tis masara dreis quick and gets the job done.
The ony thing that I saw als a minus, was that the brush itself, the bristlse, was rather hard. If you stroke it againt the lashline itself (the skin) it can give a unpleasant feeling. For good use, when holding the brush to your lashes, do it so ,that it make a brigde form, in stead of a valley form.( if this makes any sense :) If you have some trouble removing it with your normal cleanser, use a cleaser for waterproof eye make-up. Just leave it to soak a couple of seconds and poof you can wipe it away in a flash.

Update: The tube dried out after just 3 months and it wasn't empty yet! Will not repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Maiamaia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My lashes did curl and look great, but I would not purchase again because it is so hard to remove. Eye makeup remover did nothing. Soap and water made it disintegrate into dozens of black specks that stuck to my skin like glue. It was really awful.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2008 10:53:00 PM More reviews by CherryBanana

I am a fan of Lanocme mascaras. I like the fact that they make your lashes dark & thick looking. Normally I buy Hypnose, but I am a sucker for a good advert. Every curling mascara I have ever tried has failed miserably on me & this one is no exception. I suspect this is a problem with my eyelashes & not necessarily the mascaras. Anyways despite the fact it doesn't really curl my lashes I still like this mascara. It does give a slight lift (more than Hypnose) & I found the results much better after trying the method listed below (using the outer curve first).
I would probably re-purchase this, I think I prefer it to Hypnose. I find, for me, that Lancome mascaras do last a bit longer than other brands (as in not drying out so fast).

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

This mascara is terrible. There's nothing wrong with the wand, it's the actual mascara formula itself. It's so dry and dries TOO fast, and unless you apply it super super fast, you'll get stiff lashes. Not to mention it's hardest mascara to wash off! I ended up losing a few lashes trying to do that =/ Very disappointing since most Lancome mascaras are extremely good quality.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jilliane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dissapointed. I'm looking for dramatic lashes and this didn't deliver. Didn't really do much more than some of the better drugstore mascaras. The search goes on. So far, believe it or not, I've been the most impressed with Mary Kays Ultimate mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2007 11:44:00 PM More reviews by saraheel

Definitely curls lashes and provideds good color, but this stuff has a bad, bad clumping problem. If they'd thin up the formula a bit it'd be perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2007 9:09:00 AM More reviews by chertovka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm really sorry about the poor reviews below, because this mascara doesn't deserve them. Seems that the reviewers never applied it more than once.
IMHO, It is actually one of the best for precise application and building volume.
Yes, the first couple applications it does feel too wet and has given me "spider legs" instead of curved lashes. Especially if you're trying to use the inner side of the curve.
But try applying it first with the outer side of the curve - you'll get perfectly defined, curved and naturally looking lashes, and then another layer with the inner side of the brush - and you'll get loads of glamorous volume.
The only drawback I found in a month is that it tends to smudge under the eyes, but that's what all Lancome mascaras do to me :)
I would buy this again though, but as I'm always looking for something new, I think I'll try something else next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by glassring

Torn between the fantastic Lancome mascara advertisements and the so-so reviews here, I decided to go for a Lancome makeover offered to me at a special rate and got a Virtuose sample.

Boy was I glad I never forked out the money to buy a full-sized one!

At first upon using it I thought I didn't get the application method correct, but soon after I realised that it was the product that was flawed. A colleague even tried to recommend me another mascara after I told her what I was using.

Firstly, the formula is very thick. So, it clumps lashes together AND dries out inside the tube very quickly.

Secondly, eyelashes are not lifted and curled!!! I normally curl my lashes before applying mascara, but this one hardly helps to make the curl last. By midday (I work inside an air-conditioned environment too) they are droopy.

Thirdly, it FLAKES. I have mascara flakes all over my undereye area by mid-morning. Enough said. I repurchased a cheaper and better mascara to replace this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:14:00 PM More reviews by romanticize

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is really shit.. it make's my lashes long but clumpy and sticky. Terrible.. It's also hardly to remove, my lashes started to fall out. People, do not buy this one!