October 21, 2014 | 998 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Forher2me

I have slick straight hair (it's apart of being East Asian). Medium thickness, not too much body. Medium/long--4 inches past shoulders.

I usually use Redken Body Full or Clear Moisture and was very satisfied with it. But lately I've gone on a "Green" stint and decided to see what this Burt's Bees is all about.

This and the conditioner are my first Burt's Bees products I have used.

It smells pretty sweet, the plastic or something makes it smell kinda sweet but slightly stale.

It did provide volume at first, like the other reviewers experienced, however after about a week I noticed that the roots of my hair felt hay like and stiff with no body. I ended up using a clarifying shampoo that night and the yuck feeling went away, so that's how I determined that the shampoo was causing problem.

I'll give Burt's Bees credit in using very gentle ingredients in this product. I looked up about 90% of the ingredients and found that most seem gentle, but I'm still puzzled why my hair started to turn to straw after using it consecutively for about a week.

Needless to say I returned it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by calgirl

I wanted an eco friendly shampoo and since I love Burt's chapsticks so much, I tried their shampoo. BIG mistake. Their shampoo (and conditioner) wins you over with the yummy smell, but don't perform well. My hair was voluminous for a few days but then the residue just made my scalp super greasy. The more I tried to shampoo it out, the greasier it got. It looked like someone had smeared butter on my hair. And my hair naturally isn't even that greasy; I can go a couple days without washing it and it looks just fine!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2008 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Marlenchen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

--- I tested : Burtís Beeís - Pomegranate and Soy Shampoo & Conditioner ---

Smell: ♥♥♥ - Nice and fruity, little bit to bubblegum.
Texture: ♥♥♥♥ - Easy to spread, foams well.
Effect: ♥♥ - At first good, but on the long run hair gets waxy.
Ingredients: ♥♥♥♥ - Too many drying agents but all green.

Ingredients:

water, decyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, coco-betaine, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, honey, glycine soja (soybean) protein, glycerin, sucrose laurate, betaine, glucose, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, moringa pterygosperma seed extract, soy amino acids, xanthan gum, citric acid, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase
Note on INCIís:

It really is all natural and nothing bothersome can be found. However it contains to many (drying) detergents for me (decyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, coco-betaine, coco-glucoside)
Coco-glucoside are mild and would have been enough, no need for drying lauryl-clucoside and tons of surfactants that just dry out the hair over time.

Personal Experience:

For the record: My hair is butt-length, straight with a medium thickness of strands (0.06-0.07mm) and a 3.7Ē ponytail circumference. Itís very sleek.
BB was the first Shampoo brand I tried in the States. I was desperately looking for an organic brand here and gave it a try.
First thing I noticed was the for an organic shampoo unusually rich lather. After the wash my hair felt clean, the conditioner did good work also and left my hair soft.
After one month I noticed more tangling and my hair felt sort of waxy, which was build up from the shampoo. I had to remove it with a baking soda wash but it kept coming back.
The shampoo also seemed to really dry out my hair and so I stopped using it after 2 months.
I would not recommend it for very long hair or growing locks but I can see how it would work on shorter, layered styles.
Over all: not horrible but not for me.

Emi

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

I love this shampoo along with it's matching conditioner. I have very thick, very coarse, really dry, naturally curly hair, and because my hair's so thick and heavy, most S&C's weigh it down and "kill" my curls. With the Pomegranate S&C my curls have taken on a new life! My curls are now full and bouncy and fluffy! The shampoo is VERY cleansing, but the conditioner restores all the moisture you would need, and they both smell great in the process! I have tried Nature's Gate, and Kiss My Face organic S&C's, and in my opinion, Burt's Bees is the best by far!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2008 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Twizler

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the worst shampoo I've ever used. How it's getting great reviews and awards is beyond me. I have fine hair and this left a weird, drying residue on it - so gross! And the smell is odd and the nozzle got clogged easily by the gunky product. Burt, of should I say Klorox or whomever is making these products now, please revisit this product and fix it or take it off the market!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

By far the worst shampoo I have ever used. It made my hair extremely dry. I felt like I had tree bark on my head instead of hair. It also made my hair feel waxy and very tangled.
I know that shampoos that are sulfate free are supposed to be better for hair, but this shampoo definitely seemed to do more damage than good. I've tried to give it away to other members of my family in the hopes that the $15 that I spent on the shampoo/conditioner would not be in vain, but nobody else likes it either. They all had the same complaints that I had. In the end I just threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2007 12:11:00 AM More reviews by seamstressday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I found this at ulta. I was looking for a great shampoo since I've given up on pantene and dove. Both left my hair beautiful, but after a week, it just became dull and oily. I've recently started to look more towards organic and natural since most 'super-age chemicals' don't work for me. I gave this a try, loving the scent (beauty companies have to have more scented shampoos), and knowing I could fully understand the back label. I allowed the price to be ignored since pantene or dove cost just the same, and this might do much better. I was a little shocked by it not 'lathering' like shampoos, but I tried to calm myself down and remembered it wasn't like other shampoos. I gave myself a little extra, but was disappointed with how much I had to use. I agree with the review below. This will be expensive with how much I have to use. But let me tell you, my hair has never been so manageable and soft! I have very blunt betty-paige bangs, they endue more with heated curling irons and rough combs styling it endlessly. My bangs have never looked better, and were so easy to style! I doubt you have to use a lot and lather, I bet just trying to lather does enough so you don't have to use so much of it. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by brown_eyed_belle

While this isn't very expensive shampoo, it becomes more expensive considering how much of it I have to use and how quickly the bottle is used up. I realize that w/o SLS/sulfates you can't expect a very foamy shampoo, but it takes a few squirts of this before I feel like it's penetrated into my hair. I don't have incredibly long hair - just a couple inches past my shoulders. It smells incredible, and I love that it's a natural product, but I wish I didn't have to use so much of it every time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 9:53:00 PM More reviews by slicedbread13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This very ordinary looking $7 shampoo is the BEST shampoo I have ever used!Here I am,a self admitted salon hair care junkie,(who did not believe anything was better than my Redken),and I run across this while lurking down the isle's at Ulta..and wow!

First off,let me say that I am NOT into all natural hair care..I got it because it just SMELLED SO DARN GOOOOOD! It smells like fruit punch!

But the best part was when I actually used it...my hair has NEVER looked so shiny,so vibrant,so healthy,so good!! I no longer use conditioners to make it shiny...I just use a diluted ACV rinse and my locks are lucious!

Whenever I wash my hair,the whole house smells of the pomegranate for hours..my boyfriend loves the smell,and when company is over,they always say,"Hmmm,what's that smell?"LOL

I can't believe that a $7 store bought shampoo I normally wouldn't look at twice has totally converted me.I tell everyone who will listen about Burt's Bees,and my lucious locks!*wink wink*