Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray

4.2

INCI Name WATER SD ALCOHOL 39-C POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ISONONYL ISONONANOATE ETHYLHEXYL ISONONANOATE SODIUM COCAMIDOPROPYL PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate PVP PHENOXYETHANOL CAPRYLYL GLYCOL Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide DIMETHICONE PEG-7 PHOSPHATE GLYCERETH-5 LACTATE GLUCONOLACTONE SODIUM BENZOATE PPG-3 BENZYL ETHER MYRISTATE METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSS POLYMER ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE FRAGRANCE

on 3/3/2009 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The reviews on this are glowing for a reason. I have Ben Nye's Final Seal finishing spray and really like it for long days/nights out, but it can be pretty drying and shellac-like. This is like a more gentle, everyday-wear version that keeps makeup in place without feeling tacky or stiff on skin. I recommend buying it in one of Skindinavia's kits, as the other products in the line are true gems as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I decided to use this product for a month before reviewing it, just to be fair. It has truly earned 5 stars in my book- thank you to MUA for another wonderful discovery! This is simple to use, you simply mist it over your makeup to set it. This truly does help to slow down, or even stop the makeup sliding off the face problem. I have an issue of makeup slide off around my nose and this has made a big difference. It also keeps blush in place, even if you have a bad habit of resting your face on your hands like me. It is somewhat expensive, but I was able to grab two of the small bottles on clearance for $5 each at Ulta which is a deal. I would say definitely give this product a try if you want your makeup to be long lastling and beautiful all day.

on 11/17/2008 1:51:00 PM

When I read the description of the product and the reviews, I thought it was too good to be true but I'm happy to say this ACTUALLY WORKS!!! In my experience, primers usually only help a little in prolonging the wear of makeup (I use Smashbox) but this definitely keeps your makeup looking fresh throughout the day and noticeably keeps my skin from getting oily. I have tried this with 3 different foundations (TM, medium, and full coverage) and it works equally well with the different formulas. I was especially impressed that it kept my TM looking so fresh as otherwise it usually looks like I'm wearing no makeup by the end of the day.

I recently did my friend's makeup for her wedding and her makeup stayed fresh through the end of the night! I only had to touch up her lips from time to time. I was in a rush to do my own though so I forgot to apply it myself and am so regretting it because it shows in the pictures, especially b/c I was running around a lot. But at least she looked great! This is a must-have for daily use and for special occasions! continued >>

on 11/2/2008 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This spray is a must-have for my super oily skin. I love love love it! When I 1st purchased I thought it worked pretty well, but wasn't convinced because I bought several new products at the same time. I stopped using it for awhile & it was back to saturating 3 blot sheets 3 times a day. When I remembered to use this again, I was thrilled to realize what I'd been missing. I use 1 blot sheet twice a day & that's it. This stuff is amazing, worth the price. I actually repurchased today & will continue to do so.

on 10/21/2008 4:56:00 PM

So I got this in the post and I must have acidentally ordered two 6 oz bottles and I got a tiny 2 oz bottle too. I would recommend to get the 6 oz because it is better value and the other one is very tiny but it is good for keeping in my purse. Anyhow I got it in time for my first sleepover with a new guy I liked, hehe, and I wish I would look good in the morning but I just wanted to look my very best and I fell asleep in my make-up, I know....bad, but I think some girls know what I mean? Having put this on in the afternoon, I liked the feel of it, it made me look more dewey and I was so surprised to wake up after a whole night rubbing against the pillow and etc etc and the make-up was still there and I looked as good as the night before! Like OMG, what more can you ask for? Ive been using it everyday since then in every weather and it doesn't fail its task. It really keeps the makeup put.

I am glad I did bought two bottles :)

on 10/17/2008 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an awesome product. Spray it over your makeup, and it keeps everything in place for HOURS. It keeps my face looking pretty fresh even at the end of the day (despite the fact that I have oily skin, an uneven skintone, and breakouts). I get much less oil breakthough (I only blot once at the end of the day, as opposed to several times throughout). I haven't noticed any problems with this product causing breakouts, so that's an extra bonus =)

If only it weren't so expensive...

on 9/21/2008 2:02:00 AM

I think I'm in love. This is what I wanted Mac Fix+ to be. This thing really helps your makeup to look the same as you apply it hourssss later. I usually get greasy after a few hours, but not with this on. I use three spray as well.

on 9/13/2008 4:10:00 PM

Okay, so I am so excited about this product that I had to at least review a little bit...I just received it in the mail today and sprayed it on my face about ten minutes ago. I'm going to update FOR SURE, but I need to say that if youre planning on buying this, please save some money and buy the six ounce bottle...I got mine on skinstore.com, not that I'm advertising but it was 39 dollars. Compared to the two ounce that you pay 29 dollars for, it's three times the product for only ten bucks more! Just letting anyone know that is shopping online so you don't need to pay more than needed.
UPDATE: This is HG! It is an amazing product and I am thrilled that the geniuses at skindinavia produced it. I always get oily in the t-zone area, and on the sides of my nose especially. Makeup usually gets a little greasy after a few hours. But, not with this gem! I even put on eyeshadow without primer underneath, and it helped it stay really well. My makeup looked flawless the whole day...I cannot believe it. It is true that this is a must-have for those of us with combo/oily skin types that want our makeup to stay put! It is a super easy last step also! Right after finishing my makeup, I hold it about 8 inches away from my face and I spray three times: one spray for each side of my face and one down the middle. Honestly, this is one of the best makeup discoveries ever in my book. It really does do what it promises, which is pretty rare these days. I'm excited to buy more products from the skindinavia line and I will buy this product as long as they make it! HG HG HG.

on 8/29/2008 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

my friend told me about this, because i always wondered how her makeup stayed flawless all day. I just ordered mine, so will update soon. I paid $30, I wish I could find this at marshall for $12 also.
UPDATE: this product is good, but don't spray it soo close to your face or it will start to make ur makeup obvious and cakey..I still need to blot my t-zone, but im also using a moisturizing foundation right now, so thats why..it probably will be great when I switch to a more matte foundation..highly recommended..my makeup looked good from 630-3pm..yay!!

I had read about this in a magazine, that movie stars use this and your makeup will not budge.
I stumbled across this in Marshall's, in the toiletry section. It came with a bottle of the moisture spray. From what I remember I think it was $12.99. I do like this, it does keep your colors more fresh, but then other times I think it makes me look masky.
I don't use it everyday, still a nice product.
Edited to add: An alternative to just spraying this directly on your face is to spray a foundation brush, and then stroke the brush on your face. I like to do this just on my t-zone, it will help stretch the product as well.