October 2, 2014 | 1560 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Tendertones [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 7:55:00 AM More reviews by CeeJayWee

I love these pots! My favorite is the Slush! as well as Pucker. I have to correct an earler review. These actually have PETROLATUM, an emollient base petroleum derivative, which is important b/c they are completely two different things. Petroleum does not moisturize the lip, but actually dries it out after constant use. Also in these tendertones are SPF 12, Fruit Extract, Murumuru butter, Coffee Seed Extract, Olea Europaea (Olives) which conditions the lip and improves appearance of lips over time. This is so much more than a tinted vaseline! These are set as limited, but if everyone wrote to MAC, they would make them permanent and possibly repackage.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 1:42:00 AM More reviews by brynnie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the Tendertones in Shush! They all go on very sheer and shiny and feel slick, but not too thin. Tastes sweet like watermelon, but not yucky overpowering. Love the fact that they're SPF 12, not so crazy about the pot. Would have preferred a tube like the gelees, or even like the lipglasses come in. Now I'm worried about it melting all over my purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 11:02:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was excited about these for months before they came out and they're a lot of fun. I'm not particularly fond of pot glosses but these are so purdy in the pots. On the lips, they deliver a very sheer hint of color, overall. They're very thick and moisturizing as they are made with a petrolatum base (not petroleum, I stand corrected) so they won't dry out the lips. They have a scent that reminds me of watermelon, at least initally, and then it wears off to leave behind the typical plasticky vanilla taste that the TLCs have, only not nearly as strong.

I have this in Pucker, the deepest color in the lot, described as Sheer Raspberry. On me, it's a cool-toned berry with subtle shimmer and alone it's extremely subtle on my pigmented lips. Over lipliner (MAC Soar) it's really pretty YLBB berry pink.
    MMM/NC30-37