October 25, 2014 | 1645 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Boots - Mattifying Make-up Base

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 9:42:00 AM More reviews by moonstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Although this isn't a fantastic product I have to say that when applied correctly, (warning: do not slather this on! It will definitely make your makeup (and anything else you apply over it) ball up and become glue-like in consistency) it does a fine job of mattifying. Of course, it doesn't compare to MAC Prep+Prime, but it's decently priced, and good in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 8:51:00 PM More reviews by niff524

As other users have noted, this product is an OK mattifier on its own but as a makeup base it's ridiculously bad. Any liquid foundation I put on top of this slipped right off and kind of rubbed into flakes- totally nasty!!! I gave this to my sister and obviously will never buy again! Slightly disappointed though cause in general I really like No.7 products from Boots........

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I would agree 100% with the other reveiw. It works well in keeping away the shine however the texture has no slip. It is like a dry paste instead of a silky gel so it is heard to spread all over the face. Also I used this under my BE foundation and the mu around my nose disappeared & seperated. I would not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2007 2:27:00 PM More reviews by jsmamchur

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I found this primer worked well on its own, meaning that it eliminated shine. I did find it a bit sticky, and it has a glue-like texture (as opposed to a silky, smooth texture). It did not work well when I put foundation over it, because the foundation would not smooth evenly, and in some spots wouldn't even adhere to my face! I tried a tinted moisturizer, and again, it didn't work. I also think it made my skin break out, especially around my hairline, which hardly ever happens to me. The packaging is sleek and cute, and I really wanted to like this! I picked this up at Target for about $9.