December 20, 2014 | 875 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by NatMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin has never been very clear but it hasn't been too bad either. I've been using foundation since I was about 14 (so that's about six years now) and this past summer I decided to stop since I was starting to realize that having a layer of oily foundation covering my face all day every day wasn't the best for my skin.
My face cleared up nicely (I was pleasantly surprised). But going back to school in September I started getting breakouts. Reluctant to start wearing foundation again I decided to go for powder. I've used L'Oreal foundation and powder products before so I was confident in picking its True Match Minerals.

First, the good part. I like how well it blends with my skin tone and the velvety coverage. Aaaand that's about it.

The bad: The shaking out the powder part and getting it on the brush is slightly annoying. It goes on in clumps and you have to use the brush quite a bit to spread it around.
It made my face itch throughout the day, mostly on the side of my cheeks. I don't know if its the powder itself or the brush but it was slightly annoying and I tried my best not to touch my face.

The very bad: It made me break out so bad! I started using other two new products two weeks ago (toner and moisturizer) so they might be a factor, but I have been using True Match for about 5 days and my face hasn't EVER been this bad. Even in the six years I've been using L'Oreal's foundation! My forehead and the sides of my chin are like mountain ranges! It's slightly frightening because I have never had this happen.

Needless to say, I will stop using this product immediately and hope that my face will clear up soon.
I am really disappointed that it didn't work out and that I spent the money on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Shikyla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Pretty good stuff excellent for combo / sensitive skin types! Large color selection too! blends easily looks great covers well and lasts a fair while too! I buy this during the summer, especially good for "on the go" women who need coverage fast! Only thing I don't like is the packaging is a joke, and the brush is the roughest junk to swirl on your face :( Also you run out of product really quickly compared to other mineral foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2010 6:28:00 PM More reviews by cerisse7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

So as I lately have VERY sensitive skin and I'm kinda allergic to some chemicals (since i got perioral dermatitis), I gave a try for mineral make-up.
First I bought Max Factor's Natural Minerals Foundation-oh no.
Got a break out,cuz didn't notice it has isopropyl mystrate in it.

Then I decided to try this one.My shade is Golden Ivory.Perfect! Actually I've been using only liquids for the past years, that's why I hadn't no clue how to apply this powder.When I did it, it looked very cakey, just like a mask. And so all the time.Very unnatural look.

Then I searched the web and found this-

+ I disaggree to those who say that the brush is not good .My skin is very irritated actually and it does still hurt a lil bit if i touch it or so, but do the applying very gently like the guy in the video;D And don't take a big ammount of the powder.

I have wrinkles, little scars, redness around the mouth&nose and dry,irritated skin. Scarry,huh? It's so for about 3 mounths now..
So before appyling the powder I wash, clean and moisturize my face, then I take a small brush and take a lil bit of the powder and cover my problem zones. (When I cover the wrinkles I smear it also with my fingers)
Then I apply it on all my face just like in the video. And it doesn't look like a mask anymore! It covers pretty good, although I thought I'd never find smth that could to this to my face.

I'm verry happy that now I have found something that I can use and I recommend this even if you have sensitive skin;) Just check out the ingredients for safety!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Bolesie75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mineral product. I find that it works best when you use a primer on underneath. Here's what I do:

Moisturize: Mineral powders cling to dry patches so always moisturize your skin beforehand and let it soak in for 10 minutes.

Prime.

Use a moist sponge and PRESS the product into the skin. I find that a brush application gives too much and the product doesn't adhere well-enough to the skin. Instead, a moist sponge presses the foundation into the skin. It lasts all day for me so long as I don't touch my face incessantly.

To avoid cakeiness, take that same sponge and press it into a pressed translucent powder. PRESS that then into the oily parts of the skin. If you feel you have too much product, take a brush and lightly dust over your face with an empty brush. This just helps to whisk away any excessive product.

I find that if I do this, it lasts all day and looks flawless.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lucylucyhh

There are quite a few bad points about the product.
The main factor for me would definitely be the fact that it caused my face to itch all day long. I don't know if this is a result of the scratchy application brush or the product itself? Either way I wasn't expecting it, especially since minerals are meant to be so pure and natural and skin friendly.
Secondly i thought the design of the product was stupid. You have to turn it upside down to get some of the minerals to fall through the little cover, then when you turn it back upright most fall back through the holes. And what is left is mainly little balls of clumped powder which is no good.
Now in regards to what the actual product does to skin; not bad. the coverage looks and feels very light but actually does have quite an impact. Skin looks even but natural. However if you have any dry skin, like I have around my nose and t-zone, it really highlights this and makes you look flaky which isnt nice.
I don't recommend, I think i'll stick to liquid foundations

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by missdanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product for applying quickly. I have dry skin and use a moisturizer and primer under my foundation so for some reason - in the winter- when applying this, the brush scrapes up my skin (painless) but leaves my whole face looking chapped. Great buy for the summer time -- quick with SPF but for dry skin -- use a different brush. Or use the brush from the finishing one, the next one in the series, can't think of the name. But it's like a clear finish and it comes with a softer brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by xsxcstarx

Okay so i needed a new foundation saw this one for a while i actually love the roll on one but without and a job im not paying £12.99 for one -_-, anyways i had some birthday money and saw this okay so i tryed it. Basically i love it! the coverage is great okay so i apply my maybelline satin liquid stuff on my nose first cause its really shiny :/ but then apply this everywhere. Its great looks,doesnt look too fake,well unless you cake it on (not a good look) but yeah the coverage is great and i love the look on my face alomost like dewy! The only thing i hate is the brush,tipping it upside down then getting the brush,bit of a kerfuffle tbh. but overall i great product ♥ this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Charlie001

I do like this product! First I apply my concealer and than swipe over the powder; coverage doesn't last a day but hey, which one does...

I have a question though, I don't think I'm using the right color...
I have a pale skin colour with lots of redness on my cheeks. Now I used the N6 (honey glow) but its a bit too dark and yellowing for me. In the store it looked great but in the sunlight... What do the numbers mean? There is W, N and C... Which one suites wich skin colour?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2010 6:50:00 PM More reviews by mei696

I been wearing this for over 10+hours today;while working. I'm pretty please that it lasted this long;;coverage is okay. Doesnt hide spots very well; but i don't fancy slapping on alot of this stuff..cos i kno it will go all cakey on me. Not a nice sight! but overall for the price of this product is actually not a bad product. I would buy it again i reckon, Unless i find something better. I used to wear Bare minerals,but heard that they have alot of bad ingredients to it so i switched to this. When u pop this on your face, its very natural. I wouldnt say it made my face oily either or drying. Its a nice products if u want something light on your face. Do love the spf15 tho! thats kinda like abonus for me. Plus it doesnt have talc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I give one lippie for the 10% titanium spf. One for the neutral tone of "soft ivory," usually the lightest colors are pinky. (Olive skinned people, who haven't been out without sunscreen and a hat for 10 years are very fair also.) I give a third lippie for the coverage, although mask like, it is hard to find loose powder that gives complete coverage with a brush unless you have a fairly wet surface.
Unfortunately, L'Oreal like so many other companies do not understand their consumers. Although there are some bipolar consumers, who want to look dewy and wear powder at the same time, most of us who douse our faces with loose powder, do so to eliminate any chance of shine or dewiness. This powder, despite oil absorbing kaolin as a second ingredient, managed to still make my pores look huge and my face look shinier than my oil glands ever could in the worst circumstances.