August 20, 2014 | 1438 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by OnlyKC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

JUST SAY NO!!!

This product is absolutely awful in ALL ways! The product is so irritating that I cannot get it anywhere on my face without my eyes watering. It does NOT blend at all, so you end up with a stubborn white cast all over your face. I only had it on my face for 2 hours, and in that time I developed 2 giants cystic pimples! When I tried it on my body, it flaked off everywhere and left giant clumps all over my clothing. I am somehow disappointed in all Neutrogena products, but this one is without a doubt the worst of them all. I would not recommend it to anybody nor will I ever repurchase. This cannot be thrown in the trash fast enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2008 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in both the SPF 55 and SPF 70 formulas, and didn't find either one to be "sheer". Both require a ton of blending to get rid of the white streaks and little "crumbs", but they do blend eventually. It's not bad, but I think there are better, more sheer, and less expensive sunblocks available. If you're looking for something truly sheer, I suggest Banana Boat Sun Wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:17:00 AM More reviews by xSiMPLYPiNK

I use this sunblock everyday under my mineral make up and it's great. It sets into my skin in an almost powdery finish; it's not greasy or oily in the tiniest bit. The only down side of this product is that it absorbs into my skin so quickly that it's difficult to spread.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Lupina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I picked this up while on a trip in Mexico. I have light coloring and burn easily, plus I have a very sensitive scar that needs high protection. I am using this on my body only. It is not good on my face... too thick, greasey, white, balls of product. On my body it is also thick,doesn't absorb well but I haven't burned and am using it up. I will not buy this one again. I really like the SPF 30 and 45 versions and will stick with those.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kjbassick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been using the spray version of this on my kids and it seemed to be working well. We went on vacation and I packed up this cream version - having used the Ultra Sheer in the lower SPFs last year and really liking them...

I put this on myself and my kids before heading to the beach. Not sheer. Not dry touch. White, chalky, greasy. Yuck.

We were on the beach for maybe 90 minutes. With SPF 70 on. And my daughter and I both were sunburned...what is up with THAT? She was in the water briefly, but this claims to be waterproof. Something is wrong with this picture!!

So, didn't like anything about this. Disaster!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2008 12:28:00 PM More reviews by jhorner07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I gave this product two lippies because, at first, it's ok and it has a high amount of SPF (a plus) and is broad spectrum (another plus). I work outside a lot, catoring special events of all kinds so, I was on the hunt for a good sunscreen. I had heard a lot about this product and bought it at the store for a whopping twelve dollars. The tube is small, especially for the price...

I put this sunscreen on my arms and chest to keep them from getting sunburned and ended up with white residue all over my uniform and chalky white marks all over my pants because I'd used it on my hands as well! The name of this product contains the word 'sheer' which leads one to believe it's going to be light and not greasy with no residue. WRONG! It's thick, doesn't blend well at all, and streaks.

I won't waste my money next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the best of the U.S. sunscreens in ppd and broad spectrum protection. It's also a hassle to apply and blend. In Neutrogena's quest to make a light, matte sunscreen they created a product that takes forever to absorb and balls up. Heaven forbid you try to reapply on the go because you'll end up leaving fingerprints and streaks everywhere. This is a product to be tolerated if you can't afford a high ppd La Roche Posay or Bioderma sunscreen but that's it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2008 2:31:00 PM More reviews by thumperb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a mess this product creates! Super messy and possibly harmful. Here is my story- I drive a car with dark-gray leather interior. Every time I apply this product before leaving my car to go under the sun... I create the most disgusting mess!
Because the white film stays on my skin unabsorbed, everywhere I touch on my leather...like with my elbows, my wrists, my arms, my leg...turns into a chalky, oily, white mess. On top of this I recently discovered if I don't wipe this off immediately, it eats up my leather!! Yikes! I don't know if it's because it's under the scorching sun or what?? Messy and scary and will not be using this anymore. :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 9:53:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Bought this for a trip to Hong Kong in the summer...the sun was super duper hot plus a typhon was nearing HK thus the weather was baking hot!

i applied this before venturing outside...less than 2 hours later, i felt my arms burning...plus they had all turn pink!! once i reapplied...it kinda stopped being pink and burning...but my face was really horrid!!!!! cos of the heat, there was major sweating (t-shirt was thoroughly soaked) & when i tried to wipe my face, my fingers came away with little bits and pieces of WHITE!!!!!!!! it definitedly wasnt sweat proof so even though i reapplied, my face turned tomatoe red and burnt. my cheeks had dried patches that flaked and peeled after 2 days of using this...am not sure its its too dry for my skin or because my skin had been burnt.

texturewise - very creamy texture...sure didnt feel light weight at all. was really worried of suffering from breakouts. my brother who was using this as well actually experienced breakouts!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

well I didn't hate this but I didn't love it either. It is super easy to apply as a spray, but do so in a well ventilated room. It fogs up the room and is highly fragranced. The sheen does seem to dissipate within the hour, but if you perspire the sheen returns(oily appearance) and it became a bit itchy and burny when I did perspire a lot. I used it primarily on my arms, shoulder and hands. It did a tolerable job, but honestly fragrance can make or break a great product and it's definitely a breaker on this. It's a really annoying fragrance, so I won't be re purchasing.