Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 70

PPD: 9.1 ||| Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (15.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (2.8%), Oxybenzone (6.0%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2,6 Naphthalate, Beeswax, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, BHT, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Acrylates C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Trideceth 6, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disodium EDTA, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, 9.1

on 9/26/2008 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I looked like I had a white mask on when I used this suncreen. I thought that it was thick, hard to blend, gave my face a greasy mask feeling, highlighted the dry patched on my skin, and I suspect that it might have caused my to breakout along my cheek area.

on 9/22/2008 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I was disappointed by this sunscreen. I went to the beach, and the sun was beating down. I thought this sunscreen would be great, considering it is a whopping SPF 70! I am very pale and burn very easily, so I need something reliable. This wasn't. I burned pretty badly! It seemed as if I was wearing SPF 15. I applied the sunscreen 30 mins before I went to the beach like the bottle said to. The bottle also says this product is waterproof....not true. I will continue to look for a better sunscreen.

on 9/14/2008 5:43:00 PM

I would never use this on my face, because it's too thick for that. However, this is a much better sunscreen than the "Age Shield SPF 45" for other uses. Its somewhat thicker than the lower SPF Ultra Sheers, but about what I'd expect for an SPF 70. I prefer the lighter feel of the lower SPF versions, but any added sun protection benefit (if there is any) from the SPF 70 is a positive. I was surprised that this sunscreen is lightly scented. I usually dislike scented products, but this sunscreen is pleasantly and lightly scented.

on 9/2/2008 8:35:00 PM

This product is absolutely awful in ALL ways! The product is so irritating that I cannot get it anywhere on my face without my eyes watering. It does NOT blend at all, so you end up with a stubborn white cast all over your face. I only had it on my face for 2 hours, and in that time I developed 2 giants cystic pimples! When I tried it on my body, it flaked off everywhere and left giant clumps all over my clothing. I am somehow disappointed in all Neutrogena products, but this one is without a doubt the worst of them all. I would not recommend it to anybody nor will I ever repurchase. This cannot be thrown in the trash fast enough.

on 8/27/2008 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I tried this in both the SPF 55 and SPF 70 formulas, and didn't find either one to be "sheer". Both require a ton of blending to get rid of the white streaks and little "crumbs", but they do blend eventually. It's not bad, but I think there are better, more sheer, and less expensive sunblocks available. If you're looking for something truly sheer, I suggest Banana Boat Sun Wear.

on 8/20/2008 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this sunblock everyday under my mineral make up and it's great. It sets into my skin in an almost powdery finish; it's not greasy or oily in the tiniest bit. The only down side of this product is that it absorbs into my skin so quickly that it's difficult to spread.

on 8/16/2008 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I picked this up while on a trip in Mexico. I have light coloring and burn easily, plus I have a very sensitive scar that needs high protection. I am using this on my body only. It is not good on my face... too thick, greasey, white, balls of product. On my body it is also thick,doesn't absorb well but I haven't burned and am using it up. I will not buy this one again. I really like the SPF 30 and 45 versions and will stick with those.

on 8/4/2008 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had been using the spray version of this on my kids and it seemed to be working well. We went on vacation and I packed up this cream version - having used the Ultra Sheer in the lower SPFs last year and really liking them...

I put this on myself and my kids before heading to the beach. Not sheer. Not dry touch. White, chalky, greasy. Yuck.

We were on the beach for maybe 90 minutes. With SPF 70 on. And my daughter and I both were sunburned...what is up with THAT? She was in the water briefly, but this claims to be waterproof. Something is wrong with this picture!!

So, didn't like anything about this. Disaster!

on 7/22/2008 12:28:00 PM

I gave this product two lippies because, at first, it's ok and it has a high amount of SPF (a plus) and is broad spectrum (another plus). I work outside a lot, catoring special events of all kinds so, I was on the hunt for a good sunscreen. I had heard a lot about this product and bought it at the store for a whopping twelve dollars. The tube is small, especially for the price...

I put this sunscreen on my arms and chest to keep them from getting sunburned and ended up with white residue all over my uniform and chalky white marks all over my pants because I'd used it on my hands as well! The name of this product contains the word 'sheer' which leads one to believe it's going to be light and not greasy with no residue. WRONG! It's thick, doesn't blend well at all, and streaks.

I won't waste my money next time.

on 7/19/2008 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of the best of the U.S. sunscreens in ppd and broad spectrum protection. It's also a hassle to apply and blend. In Neutrogena's quest to make a light, matte sunscreen they created a product that takes forever to absorb and balls up. Heaven forbid you try to reapply on the go because you'll end up leaving fingerprints and streaks everywhere. This is a product to be tolerated if you can't afford a high ppd La Roche Posay or Bioderma sunscreen but that's it.