July 28, 2014 | 2053 users online

Powder - Milani - Minerals Compact Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Weena67

I haven't visited in awhile. I'm a die-hard Alima Mineral gal, but the price can be a little expensive. Today, I stopped at Walgreens and ran across the Milani Mineral Compact. Been wearing it all afternoon. First, let me say that it's a great match for me in Honey Beige...I have a problem with most makeups being too rosey. So far, I love this stuff, and love the price even more! No itching and it goes on nicely with my JI Handi brush. Great coverage too, from light to heavy. Like many of you mentioned, the loose minerals can be time consuming, and I have to get two munchkins and myself ready in the mornings, so I need something quick. I think this has HG potential!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wish this came one shade lighter. I'm NC15-20 and bought Nude Buff, the lightest shade, and it's about one shade too dark in natural light. Too bad, because otherwise it's pretty darn good. I like the coverage and texture, but I have to apply with a kabuki because applying with a sponge creates a very heavy application and appearance which I can feel and see on my face, somewhat like Studio Fix. However, it does control my oily t-zone well and minimize pores, and hasn't caused any breakouts. I also like that it's in a compact, much easier to travel with and keep in my purse or travel bag. I'll hang onto it for later on this summer when I may be a bit more tan or need a little extra color, because right now I'm still too pale for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

I bought this on a whim, as I do not need anymore face makeup. However, i am very glad I did. When my skin was super oily, I didnt like it as much. Also, I bought Honey Beige which was too dark for me a few months ago. Now it is summer and me being on Accutane, this stuff is the bomb.

I put this on after I moisturize and put on SPF. When my face is still a bit moist, I put this on with a powder puff. This stuff seriously covers and lasts all day on me without looking fake and chalky. In fact, since my skin has been really dry, this actually makes my face look so smooth, doesnt emphasize flakes, and again, it lasts all day. The color is perfect for me now.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by lillodawg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

If you are not a fan of BE, this may be a product you'll like. This worked nothing like BE for me. It was mask-like and showed every pore. I loved the price and the packaging. The compact is great. It's much easier to manage than the loose powder like BE. But the covergae and product itself is just not for me. I'll stick with my BE.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2007 10:51:00 PM More reviews by AZsugarpie

I bought this just because of the great reviews and they were right. This pressed mineral foundation is probably the best mineral makeup I've tried, except for Joppa minerals, but wanted this in a non-messy compact for my purse (for touch ups).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2007 10:15:00 AM More reviews by ellenchristine

I picked this up yesterday at Walgreens on a whim. I was really eager to try some pressed mineral foundation, but most of the ones I've come across (Jane Iredale, for example) are so pricey. I usually wait to review a product, but I just love this stuff! I got it in Creamy Natural, and the color is beautiful. I usually use Bare Escentuals, and this compact cut the application time in half! So convenient, can't wait to tote it along on my next vacation. Great coverage too! A big hit! UPDATE: Decided I'd provide an update because I reviewed this the first day I got it. Still love it, and haven't touched my BE since!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2007 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I am a huge fan of mineral makeup, so I just had to try this pressed mineral power foundation! I have it in Creamy Natural, which works great for my light-medium skintone. I really like that it is pressed, because I don't have to worry about it spilling like I do with my BE foundation.

It's 7.99 price and its easy availability works great for me. So, as long as Milani makes it, I will continue to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 12:28:00 PM More reviews by harriet123

I love mineral make up, but hate the many steps involved (primer, foundation, bronzer, blush, setting powder) so I had just about given up on make up all together! I went to the drug store the other day to find a powder to wear to give me some basic coverage when I found this product and thought well it can't be THAT bad! When it said it didn't contain Talc, I thought well at least no itching..........I am in LOVE!!!! I went out and bought three more, because when I like something it either sells out or discontinues! The coverage is great and the staying power is really good as well, yes it isn't that great at abosorbing oils, but I can blot during the day or touch up with another container I can carry in my purse. It can be blended together well with other colors for a perfect match. You can't go wrong with this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 10:05:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I like this product because it goes on very smoothly and has decent lasting power. It also does not break me out and I like the container. The makeup pad (or whatever its called) is the worst one I've ever used, it fell apart the second time I used it and it felt really uncomfortable and dug against my skin. Also the color, creamy natural, is too dark for me, so I'll get the lighter one next time I get to the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2007 9:45:00 PM More reviews by hydrangeaxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was using the loose BE mineral foundation for about a year and I got sick of the mess and time consuming hassle of it all. When I ran out for the 2nd time, I thought a pressed mineral foundation compact would be perfect, especially for touch ups to carry in your purse. This is not only super cheap ($7.99 at my Ulta but was on sale for $5.35), but it isn't frosty or sparkly, just matte. It doesn't accentuate dry spots, or gets itchy, as I found with my old mineral foundation. The texture is heavenly, nice and silky and even creamy for a powder foundation. Goes on smooth and blends beautifully to give a medium to a very heavy coverage. The only complaint is that it doesn't control shine and oil at all it seems, but it doesn't cake either. I just blot and reapply, it goes on smoothly and doesn't cake up at all. The compact is a little bulky but it's nice for drugstore packing, doesn't look too cheap, and comes w/ a mirror although it has a clear lid on top.Very nice, this will become my everyday foundation, and I will be repurchasing another to carry in my purse.