April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Fresh Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells horrible and strips my oily skin. Threw it away!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

After reading Paula's Begoun's Beauty Bible, I was determined to give up bar soap forever. She recommended this liquid cleanser due to its gentle nature (for general cleansing and for acne-prone skin) as well as for its skill at removing makeup. I couldn't be happier that I found this cleanser. I believe that bar soap was irritating my skin and causing breakouts. After using this on my face for two days, all the little breakouts I had on my forehead disappeared. I was so impressed that I used this on my chest, shoulders and back and was astonished to see that within a week all of the acne bumps were gone. I can finally wear low-cut clothing without fear. I am so delighted with this product that I buy several bottles at a time, and use one for my face and one as body wash.

As for the make-up removal, I was pleased with it as well. I wear Revlon ColorStay eyeliner in black as well as layers of black mascara - both of which can be difficult to remove. However, if I cleanse twice with the Fresh Foaming Cleanser, 99.9% of the make-up is removed. This is so good that I don't even have to use the Neutrogena eye make-up remover lotion anymore. And a tip for anyone that is frustrated with black eye make-up lingering under the eye (no matter how many times you wash): moisturize. The more hydrated the eye area, the less likely the skin is to hold onto that ashy residue. I like CeraVe PM.

Finally, I have to give a nod to Neutrogena for making this liquid cleanser foaming. I've tried other liquid cleansers that didn't foam or lather and it just didn't feel right. This one bubbles up like a charm, making it very easy to apply. The product is silky in its liquid form, so I wet my hands, then pump out a dime-sized amount, then rub my hands together to make a foam. If you do it this way, it will cleanse well and be easy to wash off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:52:00 AM More reviews by lc15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for removing makeup and leaving your skin feeling fresh and clean!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by NishaDS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser is HG for me!
It cleanses all my makeup on my face every night, even my Revlon Colorstay foundation which tends to be stubborn. It is very gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn't break me out. It foams very little but still gets the job done and doesn't dry out my skin.

One squirt on wet hands usually does the trick but two is better for heavier makeup. I usually foam it up in my hands and then massage it all over my face. I sometimes add a little sugar for some gentle scrubbing action. I then rinse clean with splashes of water.

I've used this for years and always come back to it when I stray. Highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by AngeliaJolie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just found this product too drying for my skin. It does a good job of removing makeup and cleansing the skin but it is too harsh in the process. I only use when I wear a full face of make up and moisturize heavily afterwards. I would not buy Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by cmtodd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product is ok. When I first started to use it my skin felt great but now I am seeing that my pores are started to clog and my skin is drying out pretty bad.

Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2012 2:55:00 AM More reviews by kellyleungki

I got this Neutrogena fresh Foaming Cleanser from my friend's mom. It's a good product but need to use extra foam for removing my makeup. I didn't really pay attention that it works as a cleanser as well. I use St. Ives' product as cleanser. I just wondering if anyone know how to use it since it's both a makeup remover and cleanser. Do I remover my makeup and wash my face with water or wet towel than I do my facial wash with the same bottle since it's a cleanser? My skin is oily and I'm thinking if there's a good product like this that removes makeup and do it as a cleanser which is oil free as long as I know how to use it so I don't have to buy two different products for two purposes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I bought this because of the great reviews here and the price. I was using Purity Made Simple, which is a bit pricey. After using this for a week, I noticed my skin was looking worse every day. It had some small whiteheads popping up and my skin looked bumpy. Since this was the only new product I used on my face, it must be the cleanser. The cleanser smelled very strong in an unnatural way. It also left my skin feeling tight and dry after each cleansing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will definately buy this again. Its a really nice cleanser, washes off all my makeup, leaves no residue and has a barely there scent.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would buy this again, need be. This is, in my opinion, Neutrogena's best product. It smells very clean, and does it's job, maybe a little too well. It is slightly drying. Great cleanser though.