I have really long, black and curled lashes to begin with. So, i've been searching for a good mascara that would just define that a little bit more. I initially picked this up because it was cheap and i was just starting out with mascara's. It does a great job for me by making my lashes look long and full. So far no clumps have formed and i've been able to use the product for a long time. I will definitely buy this product again and i will recommend people to try it out first because it might work for you. (also, its quite inexpensive for a mascara)
I purchased this after reading great things about this. I was just not impressed. The formula seemed thin and coated my eyelashes and made them shiny and stuck together. It did not separate, elongate or thicken. I tried using an eyelash comb and many coats but nothing.
1. Good color selection. But let's be real, we all use the blackest black that there is, right? Well, maybe not all of us. But at least I do!
2. The formula with the curved cat-eye type brush is bangin'. AKA it works well and I like it. A problem I had with my ex-mascara is that it was difficult to get the outer-corner lashes. This brush definitely makes that easier.
3. Good price. This mascara has lasted me for 10 months, and I purchased it for about $4. I haven't run out yet. I wear it about 3-5 times a week. That might be sad, but I think it means it's got a lot of product in that little tube and I am thankful for that. Good investment!
4. Formula. Just, all around, great mascara formula. No clumps, no smudges (once you let it dry after application), no flakes all over your face.
1. Not fun when wet. There's a waterproof version that I haven't tried, be warned. Anyway, when you cry or when it rains, this runs all over your face. When you're in the shower and you have it on (I like to take showers before bed to wash my make up off and so that I can pin-curl my hair) it burns the eyes.Nooooooo fuuuuuuuun.
2. Maybelline tests on animals. That's a personal con for me. So while it was nice to try this, I will not repurchase ever.
I gave it 4 lippies, AKA I really liked it, but I'm not in love. This is a great mascara, but it's not great enough for me to stop trying other mascaras. I would still like one that doesn't have as many chemicals, is safer for my eyes/lashes, and is life-friendly (doesn't test on animals).
I prefer the curled brush to the regular brush.
This mascara is really good but I only really use it for my bottom lashes because of how small the brush is:)
I guess I don't really understand the hype with this product as being one of the best, if not THE best, drugstore mascara. There's a lot of other drugstore mascaras I would prefer 100x over this mascara!! I've tried the other variations of the product, none of them really do it for me. This is a very plain mascara, doesn't seem to add volume or length for me, and as I already have black eyelashes I need something to really beef up my lashes. This is probably a good mascara for those who just want to paint their lashes darker, and not much else. I personally prefer volume, so I will look elsewhere!!
Although I wear a good eye primer this mascara always seems to leave smudges on my browbone and flakes on my cheeks even if I'm only wearing make up for 2 or 3 hours out of the day. I don't care how cheap it is I won't be repurchasing this.
I love this mascara! It's affordable and it looks natural when you put it on. It's perfect for the girl who wants to wear make up and have it still look natural. Towards the end of the tube's life, there's a little bit of clumping/thickening, but that would be my only complaint about it.
Ive tried this as a teen& as an adult.I didnt like it then&I still dont...clumps like you wouldnt belive.too much product comes out on the wand...I dont understand why so may people recomend this or say they use this&have carried it in their makeup bag since they started using makeup (is it because u still have the same tube? Mabey theres a trick they know that I dont ?)
I've tried this mascara multiple times, wishing I would get good results because the price is low. However, it is a loss. Lots of clumping.
It wasn't a very attractive package, but the mascara inside was pretty awesome!