Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

on 3/24/2010 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't understand the great reviews for this brush. I bought it mainly for my mineral foundation and thought it was doing a pretty decent job. It wasn't until I had to go back to the BE flawless face brush (after washing this brush and waiting for it to dry) that I realized just how bad of a brush this is for mineral foundation. True, this bristles on this brush are way softer and provides a more comfortable application compared to the rough bristles of BE's brushes. BUT, I found that my foundation did not last as long when applied with this brush. I feel like the powder is just sitting on top of my skin. At least with BE's flawless face brush, the powder is buffed right on my skin so it lasts all day.

I since then moved on to Laura Mercier's mineral foundation and use her brush as well. It's also as rough as BE's brush, but at least the makeup stays put. As for this flat top brush. It's just sitting in my makeup bag. If anyone wants it, let me know.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

I am really surprised at how much I like this brush. I use it with the Bare Escentuals foundation and it works better than the BE brushes which are more expensive. It evenly distributes the product for me and gives great coverage. I'm sure there is something better out there but you cannot beat this for the price! Great buy!

on 3/15/2010 12:40:00 AM

Nice brush for it's price, but because its so dense it eats up my product.
It evenly distributes my mineral makeup (also from Everyday Minerals) but I feel like I have to use more since not a lot of the product is getting on my face.
Be sure to thoroughly wash this brush since it's so dense, a lot of your product will get caught in the hairs and stay there.

Overall, if you're looking for a high quality flat-top you might want to look somewhere else, but if you're already a fan of EDM and already ordered it, then no harm done.

on 3/15/2010 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Update: So I finally learned how to manipulate this brush and go to it for the most coverage and quickest application (it's my HG I'm in a hurry and need to look like I have flawless skin FAST because I am going to miss my train and be LATE again as always brush) The trick is to wash the brush a couple times over a period of time and coat it with extra virgin olive oil and rinse to retain the softness of the bristles, but loosen up the density of the brush.. Now that my brush isn't as dense, I find it super easy to manipulate.. I like to spray the brush with a mixing medium 3 parts water 1 part glycerin (Guru EnKore on youtube's formula) and then with my damp brush take my minerals and stipple my face and then apply dry next in smooth layers..

I am no longer worried about clogging my pores since I have an efficient skin cleansing and treating regimen and wash my brushes everyday to get rid of bacteria and sebum. I wash my brushes with a mixture of face cleanser and extra virgin olive oil (does not clog pores even though it's oil it's a saviour for skin trust me I had extreme acne) and rinse well, dry on the side...

<3 get this brush for quick and flawless application everytime!

=================

Okay, so my aunt is a regional manager for trish mcevoy and gave me a trish powder brush for christmas and after using that for quite some time, and then ordering the flat top brush -- I still love my trish powder brush best! -- but lets be honest, I'm 19 and just starting out in life, can't really afford a $78 powder brush, so the flat top works -- I am just having a hard time manipulating it for some reason.. but I am sure that I will eventually get the hang out if with practice.. for $10 this brush picks up even product and gives great coverage and is good for buffing (does Buffing clog pores though? I am scared of using it because I keep thinking I am clogging my pores lol) anyway I also bought the kabuki brush WHICH I LOVE more than the flat top because its light and applies finishing powder like a dream come true. I would buy this as a beginner brush meaning that it will be great for someone who hasn't used a high end brush like Trish who has nothing to compare it to.. I want to love this flat top brush and I am sure when I learn how to manipulate it without feeling awkward or scared that I am going to clog my pores I will be fine..

bottom line: get this if you can't afford a high end brush.. because the quality is great but I wouldn't get this if you have top notch brushes because you will notice a difference.

on 3/10/2010 8:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this but I can't. When applying powder or mineral makeup, this brush doesn't allow me to apply evenly and it just ends up looking patchy. I haven't had any shedding or anything but the results it gives me with my MU are not impressive at all.

on 3/10/2010 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This was one of my favorite brushes from EDM when I first started using mineral makeup. This brush is a good value for the price, but it tends to distribute makeup unevenly upon application. There are better brushes out there, but I would recommend this brush to those out there who are new to mineral makeup.

on 3/4/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my 6th Kabuki Brush, I had my MAC, Essence of Beauty, BE, and more expensive one, I am so surprised coz this is my cheapest Kabuki brush ever but I would say this is the BEST!!! 1st I didn't have a 2nd thought purchasing this brush since it's sooo cheap, I'm glad that I bought it, It is super soft I can't help petting it every time it's like a bunny fur, it distributes makeup so well, and it doesn't shred the only problem I kinda had is it took a while to get it dry when I'm washing it, but I deal with it, since it's cheap I purchased 6 of it and now I'm not having a problem of washing them and waiting for it to get try, I highly recommend this product, give it a shot since it's only $10 you won't regret it!!

on 3/4/2010 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this brush to apply my mineral makeup. I've used it with EM, BE and LM mineral foundations and have been very happy with the results. This brush provides a full coverage so it's important to use less product than you would need with most brushes. I love that this brush is very soft and not scratchy. I was previously using BE brushes and found them all uncomfortable. This was quite a change for the better.

on 3/2/2010 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This, along with my MAC 180 is the HG of brushes for me - it makes even my cheapest and nastiest foundation or powder look fantastic, giving me an airbrushed look. It's incredibly soft but this is deceptive as it does its job as a buffer perfectly.

Unlike other brushes where I spend more time picking shed hairs off my face than applying my makeup, this has never dropped a single hair, and it's so easy to dry after cleaning, never losing its shape. I've already ordered another 2 (one for my mum and one 'just in case').

I use this brush to apply powder based products only (I prefer my 180 for liquid or cream products as it's a bit stiffer) but as I mostly use powders this is just perfect for me. It's also great for applying blush and contours, and is small enough to fit in my emergency repair kit!

NOTE: for anyone in NZ (and probably other countries) - I buy my brushes directly from the everyday minerals website as it works out so much cheaper even with postage (only $3 to NZ)

on 2/12/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This brush is AMAZING for liquid foundation. I find that my Mac 187 isn't strong enough to buff in some of the thicker foundations eg. Estee Lauder DW, however this brush does a flawless job. Wow! Try it out!
Only downside is that the handle is so sort, it sits so low in my brush holder.