October 31, 2014 | 1583 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 227 Large Fluff Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2009 11:58:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hesitant to buy this brush at first thinking I don't really use a fluffy brush as much. After reading and watching reviews about this brush I decided to just go for it and I'm so glad I did! This brush performs like a pro and I wish I've gotten it sooner! I purchased a similar dome fluffy shaped brush from Coastal Scents thinking it was a 'dupe' but it was garbage! So don't get the one from CS the black handled one! Get this one, it will not disappoint! :)

I did a smokey look and got a little carried away with my black eyeshadow and this brush smoothed it out for me! It also applies highlight very well and I use it to highlight the bridge of my nose when I contour. I love LURVE this brush! Don't let the price tag get in the way of you owning this amazing brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by msobala

I freaking love this brush.. It's awesome. Especially when you want to be lazy and add one big swoosh of color..It also blends.. it does soo much. Its a definate must buy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

Ok, I didn't really know what I bought this for, but now I do!

It's best for highlight colors or to pack on lid colors. But! I was trying to find a clean brush to pack on concealer the other day, and 227 works! Also the bristles are thick enough to blend out harsh edges. I also saw lana on youtube using concealer on her dark circles... that works amazing too because you can stipple the concealer on then build your way up for full coverage (with studio finish concealer). I think I found a new bff for concealer brush =). This brush can be used for detailing like highlighting the face!! Try it out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh my god! This is the best brush for putting nudes on the browbone. I do not know what I was waiting for with all these MAC brushes. They have made a believer outta me. Great job, MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 9:47:00 PM More reviews by wsk449

THIS IS AN AMAZING brush- I haven't seen anything like it!
I love it for a highlight under my brow-bone and also I use it as a concealer brush and it speeds up the process when I am getting ready (because it covers a larger surface area).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I love this brush. I use it for contouring my cheeks and it works great because it picks up mroe pigment and it blends so well to blur the harsh lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by klsjackson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to purchase this brush after seeing it used by a MA on YouTube. It is the best brush to use for highlighting under the brow. It helps the color blend with the crease nicely. I love this brush. I put that I would not buy again only because I hope it lasts. But if it doesn't or if I lose it I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Irishgurrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this brush!
I am not a morning person, however I need to have makeup on to go to work....and this saves me so much time!

I use it to throw on my neutral base colour all over my eyes before adding a crease colour with a different brush.

It also works well for blending out harsh lines, and highlighting the brow bone, not to mention it can be used to apply highlighter to your cheeks.

God I don't know how I lived without this brush - the lazy girls best friend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 9:13:00 AM More reviews by strawberita1

It took me awhile to buy this brush because I thought that it would be too big for my eyes, however it is a fantastic tool and the size actually worked out in my benefit. Works beautifully for lid work, highlighting, and blending out any harsh lines. It also picks up the perfect amount of product and (thankfully) does not shed. Overall great brush that I am happy to own.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by furbz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for real! this brush is a must in my opinion. say goodbye to harsh lines and bad blending with this. i don't mean to make it sound like a magic wand but now i'm asking this brush where it's been all my life! i've even found a newfound love for some of my hardly used e/s colors as a result of this brush. at first i was at a loss at what i was going to do with this brush and now i can't stop myself from using it every time i do my m/u. i haven't tried it for highlighting the browbone (i prefer the 252 for that) but used in conjunction with this, all my colors come out perfectly blended together. if you don't like this brush, then something's gotta be wrong.