Bare Escentuals Buxom Lips- Dolly

4.3

I received this (a small version) as a free gift at Sephora and I love it. It's the perfect pink / mauve shade for my pale ivory skin tone. I like the texture - thick but not sticky - and I love the minty / spicy taste (I think this is supposed to be the plumping effect). I have full lips naturally so I can't attest to any plumping but it does create a nice smooth base with a soft sheen. My only two complaints - it's expensive at around $18 for a small tube and it's not that long-lasting i.e. it's not really long wearing. Regardless, I'll definitely be buying this again as soon as my small size runs out. I might even try a few other colors in the Buxom Lips family.

on 2/28/2009 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this colour because i can transform it into a nude lip. I dont like that it doesnt plump my lips that much. i have thin lips and i wanted a lip gloss that would make them appear larger. I did feel the tingle, but i didnt see a result. I am so glad that i got it for free at ULTA but I would not get this again.

EDIT- i love this product now. i think it just needed some time to get used to. anyways, this is my fav lip gloss. nice color and i LOVE the tingling feeling it gives me. i will continue to buy even for the price

on 2/14/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

A lovely mauve - neutral shade. I say neutral because I think this is the perfect mauve shade for all skin tones. I just wish the product had a brush for the lip wand that distributes the same amount of product as the doe foot lip wand. I think a brush would provide a better application. Nevertheless, a must have lip gloss colour @ BE..

on 2/14/2009 4:02:00 PM

I love this! Wish the packaging was a little sleeker and that it wasn't as expensive, but I like it a lot and will most likely repurchase when I run out.

on 2/8/2009 7:04:00 PM

I like this lip gloss a lot. It has great staying power and isn't too sticky like Stila lip glazes. The color is the color of my lips just better.

This is currently my favourite lipgloss. It's not too sticky, gives my lips a nice minty tingle, and adds a bit of colour. I got this from Sephora as a Beauty Insider free deluxe sample but I will purchase another one when I run out.

on 1/27/2009 3:17:00 AM

Really great lipgloss, like my natural color but better. I like the cinnamon and find the staying power better than many other glosses. It's a keeper.

on 1/25/2009 4:00:00 PM

This stuff is great. My fav lipgloss ever. I'm fair with red hair and the color is great. I can't say enough great things about this stuff. A must have!!

on 1/15/2009 4:39:00 PM

I LOVE THIS GLOSS! I've never been able to wear a mauve-toned gloss, but I've always admired them on other girls. Then Dolly came along and I fell in love. The texture is just sticky enough to make it last for hours; the tingling is nice but doesn't hurt; the brush is a doe foot (which I like) but doesn't pick up much product so I have to dip back in 4-5 times to complete my lips; the packaging is bulky but pretty, the box is adorable and I keep dolly tucked away in the cute box even when it is in my purse! Will re-buy over and over again.

on 1/14/2009 11:39:00 PM

This mauve-y, pearly pink lip gloss is my go-to lip gloss for every day. I would imagine it would look great on any skin tone. It has a great tingly, minty feeling when you put it on and it has great shine. I like that it's not tacky or sticky - my hair doesn't get stuck on my lips (unlike MAC's lip glass). My only gripe is that it doesn't have long staying power, but it's OK - this stuff is awesome for when it does last. I'm not sure if it actually plumps up lips but as with any gloss, it does make lips look fuller.

Popular Lip Glosses