October 31, 2014 | 784 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by AnonymousOneThree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder because I wanted more coverage than I was getting from my MAC Transparent Finishing Powder. I guess since I have purchased so many high-priced cosmetics that the cost wasn't a deterent, but honestly, most women who are used to drug store makeup would balk at paying so much for something they can get a better version of at Walgreens. This is the first MSFN I have purchased, and will probably be the last unless I miraculously have a total skin clear-up and don't need any foundation, concealer, tinted moisturizer, etc. This powder gives me virtually no coverage when worn alone (yes, I have a MAC 182 and other brushes so I'm not putting it on with a puff or anything), but gives me the effect that I hated with Bare Minerals when I used it back in the day: It makes my skin feel kind of greasy, itchy and tacky. It also gives me a sallow look, like I haven't washed my face in days. In stark contrast, when I use it with foundation or even Tarte Smooth Operator tinted moisturizer, as I did yesterday, it gives way too much coverage and makes me look super cakey. It also gives no oil control (I have combo skin and my t-zone gets really oily after a few hours) even with NARS mattefying primer, which does much better when paired with the TFP. I didn't even want to use MSFN to blot some of the oil for fear that I would look powdery. I guess I will just have to take more time with my concealers before applying tinted moisturizer or foundation, and use TFP with Guerlain Meteorites for a nicer finish. I bought the next color up for my mom and I hope she's having better luck with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by LIEHIEZE

I bought this after hearing so many people raving about this product. I have quite dry skin and I wanted to use it as a setting powder on top of my concealer (because if I don't my concealer will just come off instantly). The problem I have with this powder is that it makes my concealer look quite cakey, but it also comes off quite quickly. I have hit pan on it because I want to finish it, but I will not be repurchasing this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by laitae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I buy and use powders because I want a matte/semi-matte finish on my skin. This powder does not control oil very well and quickly disappears from my face. However, it is finely milled and very lightweight, so I understand why so many people enjoy using it. I hit the pan on it, will use it up, but will not repurchase, I prefer to stick what I really like...MAC's Blot Powder.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Kasx123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first thing i reached for when i first went to Mac. I have had it for about 5 months and still have a lot left. This is a good powder but i reallllly wish it had better oil control for my oily skin. I imagine it would work better on people with combination to dry skin types though. After 1 to 2 hours my skin is shiny with this powder. I am probably going to try out mac studio fix powder instead of this one for better oil control especially for summer, but dont get me wrong MSFN is a decent powder, especially for winter when it is less humid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i love this.
I usually just use tinted moisturizer and a bit of concealer for my nw20 skin. this powder in the color medium is PERFECT for me. it dont make me too matte, and it covers where i would usually be too dewy or shiny. I use the ELF studio flat top powder brush to buff this in my skin and my skin looks so pretty. I will continue to buy this and may even buy a darker color of it to contour.
I do wish it had a mirror, but since Im a depotting addict I put mine in my hot pink happy booster compact (from my PF light bronzer)so I have a mirror to see what Im doing while applying at work or wherever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by lillevenn11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder has more coverage than I expected a pressed powder to have, which was nice. However, it oxidized, and the light color was too dark for NC15 skin to start with. The mattifying effect only lasted an hour or so; after it wore off I was extremely oily and orange. However, the effect when I applied it was absolutely flawless and it actually helped hide my dry skin. I just wish the color was a little lighter and the effect lasted longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really do love this product. Best powder I have every used. It covers well. Looks good on its own or used as a setting powder. I have been using a tinted moisturizer and then this on top buffed it & it just looks so great! I have tried so many other powers from the drugstore and nothing compares. I plan on buying this again and again. My go to product! I would recommend to anyone. If you are on the fence, just go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

so this product works great for me. the day i got it the MA showed me this and light medium which i wish i would have picked that one insted because this is pretty light lol. but the price to product amount just isnt worth it for me. so all in all i would buy it agian but will i no because of the price :/

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by mistiff1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HATE HATE HATE this product! I have never had any powder (even super cheap ones) flake so bad. If I had bought it on ebay I would've yelled fake but I purchased it from Macy's. My skin rarely breaks out but after one use my face broke out like a hormonal teenager and took days to recover. The powder also would not blend into my skin but rather looked like I had thrown flour all over my face, and no matter how much I used, blended or what brush I used the powder just showed up too much and didn't look at all natural.

I know of so many people who love this stuff but I've had most drugstore cheapie brands work better than this. Hope everyone else has a better reaction than I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 4:44:00 AM More reviews by LadyDarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin has been looking great so this is what I use as my 'foundation' 75%-80& of the time.

I put a bit of Strobe Cream first and then MAC Pro Longwear Concealer on my scars and under my eyes. And then I apply the Mineralize Skinfisnish Natural with the MAC 182 brush.

I love that it gives my skin that silky satin finish. The only issue I have is that it doesn't have a mirror.