August 22, 2014 | 1863 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - 10hr Sleep Effect

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:48:00 PM More reviews by paigeturner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely rate this foundation.
    I am a complete foundation junkie, have have spent so much money trying to find one that is perfect for my acne-prone, sensitive, combination, scarred skin.
    This is actually the cheapest foundation I've bought, retailing at around £9, and it's one of my definiate favourites.

I have it in the lightest colour, 71, which is a perfect match for my NC15-20 skin. The coverage is light-medium, and I apply use E.L.F's studio line powder brush, and I apply two very sheer layers to get the coverage I want.
    It covers my pinky acne scars and leaves a dewy finish.

Being an oily skinned girl, I always set with MAC's Prep+Prime Finishing powder (HG) and I'm fine for my 10hour shift. It doesn't settle into pores, looks so natural and not all cakey and most importantly, does not break me out!

The only gripe I have is the pump, which is my favourite application bottle type, but on my particular bottle, it's quite hard to pump a decent amount out, but that's no biggie.

A definiate repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by GlossGoss

I have sensitive combination skin. This foundation is light coverage.. blends well BUT broke me out so badly! I have never had as bad skin as I have now from the pimples it gave me.

I tried it 3 times and each time same result.. within two days hundreds of tiny bump pimples all over my face (and I normally have 100%clear skin) These pimples usually take a good week or two to clear :(

What a pity because at first it looks good and the shade is a great match for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by daisydude

I really like this product, i was looking for a foundation that gave me glowing skin since a lot of foundations tend to give me a dull complexion.
    This foundation is brilliant for a fresh looking face! And i found that it has lasted me all day and night at a party!
    The fact that this foundation is featured with a pump is a bonus since i lived by revlon colorstay but would often waste a lot of it through brush application and tipping the product on my hand. This foundation can be applied with your hands easily and smoothly and gives a airbrushed finish that looks like your natural skin!
    The only negative is that the colour range is rather limited and therefore i was rather lucky they had a shade that matched my skin tone.

I would definintely repurchase this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2010 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Samanthazahra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation because I wanted a liquid that wasn't heavy, just evened out my complexion and left me a healthy glow to my skin. This product really delivered. It's the dewy finish is what makes your skin appear fresh and well rested. I would recommend this for those who don't have much trouble with blemishes and therefore, are not looking for coverage, just a product that wakes up and evens out the complexion. I can't achieve this with mineral powder or cream foundations. The pump bottle is also fantastic. I'm also an NC25 but with more pink undertones in my skin, and i really like 72 rose claire for my skin, which i was thrilled about as most foundations tend to be too yellow for me. only problem is it doesn't last very long.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by whitepony

it's a shame this product doesn't work for me - lovely scent (not what i'd expect from a foundatino) and great dispenser - it is a little hard to get out of the pump when you've used over half of the bottle though turning it upside down helps! my skin must just be too oily for this - the foundation made me break out on my cheeks and my chin, not a very good look! also i found it takes a little longer to dry than other foundations, and can look a little orangey even when colour matched. not very good for a decent coverage - better if you have dry, relatively clear skin it will give a lovely dewey look :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 4:32:00 AM More reviews by MissLibbely

I have this in 71 Abricote Clair, and I really love this product! It gives a natural coverage, and looks great set with powder (I use Rimmel's Stay Matte). This foundation also stays put for a good 6-7 hours, and it's only £9 here in the UK! I recommend this product throughly. Although I have to warn you, when you pump it out, it can pump too much, so be a bit soft on it. And the consistency is quite thin, so it is quite runny.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! What a great product! I have this in 73 Beige Clair. I love this foundation more than my beloved Lise Watier or EA Flawless Finish. This is a very light, liquidy oil-free foundation with a pump dispenser – it has buildable coverage that gives an absolutely amazing radiant and rested complexion. It has vitamins and minerals, and a pleasant scent - but all I know is that it’s amazing – I look flawless with this product plus a touch of the Bourjois mineral radiance pressed powder – it lasts all day and I know I look amazing in it. I usually have oily breakthough during the day and even though this product seems to go on with a slight sheen, it doesn’t go oily during the day – wow!! Moist and soft feeling all day. Highly recommended. I'm wearing this in my most recent photos.
    UPDATE: I have bought again, and will buy again. Although I still have my Lise Watier foundation and Liz Arden Flawless Finish and will use them once in a while, this is my go-to everday foundation - I still love it and that's saying something! I will say, the better my skin, the better this weight of coverage. I notice if my skin is bad, this doesn't cover it - but that just motivates me to take care of my skin. So easy to use - I use a Beauty-Blender type damp sponge and it's a treat to use this foundation.
    UP-UPDATE: Another update to this great foundation. Just bought my 3rd or 4th bottle today. For several months I've been using my Lise Watier foundation (mentioned above and I have a glowing review for it) but boy was it letting me down - I thought it was my skin (ladies your skin will change drastically as you age!) so I kept using the Lise, and I scrubbed and exfoliated like crazy - but then I would put on the Lise foundation and constantly had flakey skin, dry patches showing, and the foundation just sat on top of my skin - you could actually see 'finger brush' marks - it wouldn't blend. Several mornings I had to go the bathroom and scrub it off and start again because it was so disgusting looking - #%*$. Then I remembered I had my Sleep Effects Foundation and pulled it out (I usually use it in summer and it's winter now) - and voila!!! All the troubles I was experiencing just disappeared - wow. My pores are minimized, no flakes, no settling into lines, and i can blend easily without even looking in the mirror. And all for an affordable $26 bucks! BARGOON!!!
    Update: Just bought another bottle (5th?) - still my go-to foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Beckaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think my skin is just too oily for this, which is a shame coz the colour and texture is stunning, on application it looks amazing but just slides off real quick which is pretty gutting.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MayeRaye

I really really liked this when i got it but after a week i got breakouts from it - just too oily! at first when i put it on its looks great but within in an hour the light dewwyness just looks like oily and shiney.

The colour is perfect for me so i was disapointed but this would be great for someone with dry skin or that is happy to wear powder over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Kleinsteuber

First off, I have to say that I love the tiny spouted pump. It's pretty hard to over do it when pumping onto a foundation brush. However, I find it takes me quite a while to blend this product. The sales lady color-matched me with rose clair, and while for the first few days I thought it matched well, it actually ended up being quite pale with a pinkish undertone on me. I am not someone who has oily skin, in fact, I can get quite dry in the winter, but this product actually turned shiny and slid off of my face within a matter of a few hours. For the price, 10 hr sleep effect isn't worth a repurchase for me, but there are some pros to this foundation that other people may like (i.e packaging, smell, consistency in the bottle, etc)