August 29, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Conditioning Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2007 2:29:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm attracted Simple products because they're free of perfumes and colourants and claim to be gentle. Which is great, because I need something gentle yet effective for an eye make-up remover. This is a clear water-like cleanser that claims to remove waterproof mascara. I haven't tried it with waterproof mascara, but it did remove long-lasting formulas like Mac Fluidlines very easily. In fact I did a really dramatic smokey eye recently using Urban Decay Primer Potion, Mac Pigments, Mac Fluidlines, Urban Decay glitter eyeliner and lashings of Diorshow mascara - and it removed everything pretty easily, including the glitter.

It didn't budge Mac Liquidlast though, which is a waterproof liquid eyeliner. Other than this, just a couple of swipes cleaned makeup away easily. Skin was a little dry/taught after, but I always apply an eye cream so this isn't a big concern for me. Great product for the price.

EDIT: I've downgraded this from 4 to 1 star because it started stinging my eyes. My eyes hurt and got bloodshot after every use. Also, I switched from Diorshow to Hypnose (non-waterproof) mascara and this would not budge it. Overall this product appears to be selective about what can remove, which doesn't make it a good choice for an everyday cleanser. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Aniger86

I decided to give this a try because of 3 reasons- No. 1, it won some kind of award in a local magazine, chosen by readers, secondly, it says on the bottle that its 100% oil free which I like, and thirdly, it adds that it removes waterproof mascara. First and foremost, I would like to say it doesn't work for removing waterproof mascara. In my experience, only oil based eye makeup remover works to remove mascara, and for them to be even somewhat good at it, it has to be the kind whereby you can see a about a third of the bottle floating with oil in it, and to use it, you need to shake the bottle so the oil and the other liquids in the bottle mix together to remove makeup, I think both Lancome and Clinique makes one. I'm not bothered this product doesn't remove my waterproof mascara though, because I like that its oil free so I can use it on my face, and eye area, with the exception of my lashes. It works alright and I've been through a couple of bottles of it, but I wish I could find something better. The only reason I keep coming back is because its oil free. As for price, it costs around the same as most drugstore makeup remover. I would be repurchasing till I can find a better replacement. Simple is based in UK I think(I'm not 100% sure though), the web site is here for anyone who would like to check it out http://www.simpleskincare.com.au/simpleskincare/home.aspx