August 1, 2014 | 1278 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Fresh Farmacy

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by PremedStudent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This soap saved my life. Since I turned 24 I have had a serious struggle with acne. And those of you who have gone through the same thing, know its a constant struggle.

I went through tons of websites and saw some good reviews on this soap and tried it. THIS IS THE ONLY PRODUCT THAT HAS ACTUALLY MADE MY SKIN LOOK BETTER. For over a year I have had the same routine: cleanse morning + aveeno daily mois. At night: cleanse + retin-a. The ONLY change I made in this routine was I started using this cleanser. My trick is I keep it in a ziplock bag and when it mixes with water it becomes a cream cleanser instead of a soap. I love it. Will not change cleansers again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by ginadestra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gentle yet effective soap is really a find, (and you cannot beat the customer service at LUSH along with the quality and quantity of the product.) It was my first buy at LUSH and I am now on my 2nd bar. After 2mths of usage, my skin looks healthier than it ever has before. I've been through the list of products- high and low end (I could write a book on products I've used so damn many :-) Luckily my battle with acne ended a few mths ago so my goal is to keep it clear. I'm a strong believer in minimum product usage and this soap morning and night, a good moisturizer morning and night (Olay is my choice) and a cleanser (clean&clear continuous control acne since it contains 10% BP) 3x a wk at night only, is all I use. I'm still on the hunt for a good eye cream:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 9:08:00 PM More reviews by GMJAG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fresh Farmacy is a LIFESAVER! It helps bring down redness amazingly! I have read and heard so many people say who have rosacea that this cleanser works miracles on them calming their skin. I have to say I honestly LOVE Lush because of this baby. I now have been trying other products, but I really think this is my favorite so far! It helps with acne and kind of stops it in its tracks in my opinion. I rated it a 4 because it is a little pricey and doesn't last very long. So if you are willing to pay 10 bucks a month go for it! I don't think its much to ask for great skin. Hey, I would spend a lot to look and feel beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I got one "petal" worth of FF and it lasted me about 3 weeks, being used 2x a day. Maybe it was the fact that I left it in the shower (on a shelf not exposed to water) but it just seemed to melt too quickly to justify the price. It did make my skin nice and soft, but not for very long. After about a week, my skin went back to its usual grossness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by hanstan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have acne, eczema and redness on my skin, I used to use the liz earle cleanse and polish. Im a makeup student so I have to take my makeup on and off about 3-4 times a day one day a week so it can get quite soar and irritated.
I took a trip into lush looking for aqua marina face cleanser but once I explained my skin to the assistant she recomended fresh farmacy... I didnt buy it at first as It wasnt as intresteing and fun looking and the other items but in the end I chose fresh farmacy

After 2 days of using this I was asked what foundation I had on as my skin was flawless, glowing and fresh looking
After 3 days of using I was again asked what foundation I had on as my skin looked amazing

I have been using the same foundation since the start of summer and never had a comment on it!!!!

It was not my foundation but FRESH FARMACY! that was making my skin look so good, it completely made my skin, fresh, plump, soft, glowy, redness was reduced and spots were cleared also previous acne scars were gone completly
I love this product so much I feel like its an absolute saviour to me, a little dramatic you may think but its give me so much confidence and happyness in such a short space of time,I went back to lush a week later and bought the 200g to stock up I love it so much
The only bad points are that I would prefere it to be in a box or tin packaging and the paper can get stuck to it if you leave it wet, bbut it is lush and thye are enviro friendly soooo.
If you have any of the skin problems I have mentioned please please get this, If you have a spare fiver just go and buy it if not then ask for a sample because it is an incrediable product i cant emphasise how much
My mum who has wrinkles and redness, and my sister with server acne are also now using it!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by LameAssCatLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried FF solo for my skin care. I have acne prone skin that typically has at least 1-2 active breakouts at all times.

The best part of FF is that it really does tone down redness. It's great to use first thing in the morning. I really don't think that it is the be all end all face wash that some say it is.

I purchased 1 petal of FF 6 weeks ago and I still have enough for another 4 at least (used 1-2 times a day)! It is pricey, but it really does last a long time.

I wet my face and apply FF straight to my skin. After the bar has been rubbed against my whole face and neck, I rub my face with my hands for about 30 seconds...then rinse.

I recently got coalface, and I think it works better for my skin. I will, however, continue to buy FF to use on days when I am having a bit of redness.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by emhenzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I gave FF a six-week trial period, using it in the morning and before bed and following it up with a salycilic acid toner, BP spot treatment and non-comodogenic moisturizer.

FF made my skin lovely and soft...for a week. Then I started getting small but stubborn and bright red breakouts that really stood out from my otherwise very pale skin. These breakouts were in places I don't usually break out (forehead, cheeks) and stuck around longer than most cystic acne, even though they seemed to be run-of-the-mill irritated pores. They were almost impossible to cover with makeup, and I actually wound up wearing more concealer/foundation than I did before using FF.

I love other products that LUSH makes (Alkmaar, Godiva, Ocean Salt, Dream Cream, Jungle) and I love that they're eco-friendly, but this product just isn't worth it for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was given this as sample by the nice italian salesgirl. i looked like a lost lamb in the LUSH shop filled with italian wordings on all the packagings. it's a nice grainy, chalky soap that tames my acne-prone skin well. it melts quickly. i managed to use my sample for 3weeks. beautiful texture, with a fresh aftermath, would luve to keep using this soap especially for that time of the month. yes i would buy this again if i could.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by maggiejeanjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really got the big deal everyone made about LUSH, because everytime I went by the store it smelled sooooo bad! This soap (as well as Coalface) has made me a convert! I have very oily, acne prone skin with slight redness (maybe mild roseca?). This is a soft bar soap, with a slight pleasant scent. This has done wonders with curbing the redness in my skin, as well as helping with my oiliness and acne. I don't find this overdrying, but it gets my skin squeeky clean. I still get occasional breakouts, but they are very mild and far less frequent. The price on this is pretty high for a bar soap, but considering I have very oily problem-prone skin it's worth it for me to repurchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by bluemymind99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a mess. I don't understand how a product that is supposed to clean your face is itself so hard to keep sanitary. You have to handle it with your hands like it's a bar of soap and there's no place to properly store it when it's wet. You can't take it in the shower because it gets nasty so quickly, but who doesn't wash their face in the shower?!? For the first week I had it, FF did make my face feel clean, but then I started to break out. Furthermore, none of Lush's claims for this cleanser bore fruit; my face was as red, itchy, and flaky as ever, but with more zits!