October 23, 2014 | 1026 users online

Foundations - Vichy - Dermablend Corrective Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Marivale

Compré esta base para unificar el tono de mi piel, y como base de larga duración (para eventos). Es tan cubritiva que puede usarse incluso como corrector de ojeras. El resultado es muy bueno y resulta muy natural, además tiene FPS35.
Sin embargo el acabado es bastante mate, lo que le quita luminosidad a la cara. Opté por usarla mezclada con la MAC Face & Body, para lograr un acabado satinado.
Estoy muy conforme

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by annieherdez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Got this in Sand to use during summer when I'm more tanned. The product has great coverage but is not easy to apply evenly, I tried with my fingers, foundation brush, flat brush and wet sponge. The last one worked the best for me.

The sad thing is that the only pro I found was the coverage. On me, this foundation lasted only 3 hours leaving an oily mess on my face. I applied this before breakfast and 30 minutes later my face was already shiny. Yes, I use primer and a matting product but those didn't help at all. Another con was that it oxidized quickly so the color turned to an orangy darker shade that looked awful. It also caked quickly and made my pores and fine lines more obvious.

I don't think this works for very oily skins or dry skins. Of course, we are all different so you may want to give it a chance if you're looking for a medium-full coverage foundation and if you find a color that really matches your skin tone. Just don't be surprised if you find that the color has changed to a darker shade.

ETA [23/01/2013]: I used Real Techniques buffing brush to apply this foundation with a tiny drop of moisturizer and got a nice base to work with. The result is more natural and blendable, the coverage depends on how much moisturizer you've used. The best thing was that the color didn't change. Maybe this tip will help you, specially if you find this foundation too heavy and difficult to apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Pros
- high coverage. I have really really bad hyperpigmentation/acne scarring and this guy did a good job covering it. Unfortunately that's as far as the pros go.

Cons
-Mask like. Very thick and heavy feeling and therefore lead to clogged pores and break outs. It wasn't that bad though..I mean only minor pimples and not cystic acne thank god. But still..a break is a breakout.
- in general very unflattering, doesn't give a natural finish. It looks like you've painted over your face and its too obvious that you have foundation on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by dieffenbachia

I am in two minds whether I would buy this again so I want to give it a 3.5 lippy not a 4.
Firstly, it gives INCREDIBLE coverage. Literally, cannot see hyperpigmentation at all under this bad-boy.
It lasts all night, it lasts forever!
This is why I'm in two minds, I cannot for the life of me remove this product sufficiently. I love the coverage, I love the durability, but I hate that I cannot remove properly.
I'm pale and bc their colour range is limited I use opal (the lightest). The match is not great, but I think it would be possible to buy their darker colour and do a bit of mixing myself :) At the moment, I apply a light dusting of my bare minerals foundation on top to correct the colour.
I think it causes me to break out. I'm not 100% sure, but bc I cannot remove properly, this could be the culprit.
I will update once I've had a few more trials.
Application:
tricky bc it dries and adheres (see above) very quickly but the key is to prep and prime skin first and build gradually. This is how I do it:
>>>
> Put a small amount (about a 5p/dime size) on the top of the hand you don't usually use to apply makeup, for me this is my left as I'm right-handed)
> Apply with clean finger tips or a synthetic bristle brush
> Apply just in the area of high pigment and spread out with finger tips, using light touches; use a brush to feather the outline so if you're only applying to one area of the skin it won't be obvious.
I use this as a base, and then apply highlighter (either YSL touche or clinique) and contouring over the top. Because it dries very matte, I use a powder bronzer for contouring despite going against the beauty bible of keeping them all the same texture (e.g. liquid foundation, liquid blush/bronze etc I'm not sure this is the best idea or not as I'm a novice, but it works for me :) ).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

Oh how I love this!
I have different uses uses for this:
1. AS A FOUNDATION: I don't like a full coverage most days. But if I did, or if I went out and wanted something that covers and lasts all night, then this is my choice! Of course you can apply it heavily, but I find that even if you thin it out (either by just using a little bit with a brush for your entire face, or by using a damp sponge), you still get amazing coverage BUT that looks natural, and not cakey! I haven't found a whole lot of full coverage foundations that do that. It also applies smoothly and not streaky, and I find it easy to buff in. Sure, because it's matte and covers so well, it can make you look a bit flat, so you have to compensate by using other products to give some dimension to your face.
2. AS A CONCEALER FOR SPOTS/ BLEMISHES/ REDNESS: My preferred use! This is amazing as a concealer, and I really feel like you don't need to get their Stick foundation if you have this one. It covers everything easily, and most days I find that if I use a tiny bit of this on my redness and spots, I don't need to use foundation at all. I don't powder it either and it stays up anyway!
3. AS AN UNDEREYE CONCEALER: If you find that your circles are really dark and nothing works, try this! BUT - don't use it on its own, as it can be a bit heavy and drying. Instead, mix it with a tiny bit of a lighter light-reflective concealer or a creamier corrector - it works wonders!
4. TO COVER TATTOOS: I have a small colour tattoo and this covers it with no problems, if I need it. Just put a thin layer of this on, then a thin layer of setting powder, then another thin later of this, then another thin layer of setting powder, and so on until you are happy with the results. The secret is thin layer that are built up, so that it really lasts :)
ENJOY!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by TeacherCarrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Vichy teamed up with Dermablend in order to make this a makeup every day people can use for their face, not just their body. It is very fully coverage and is meant for people with skin discoloration disorders, acne scarring, and such...it's not meant for people with minor redness or pimples.

I finally found this in some stores nearby and am so thankful! I fit the needs for this makeup exactly. I actually use this foundation as more of a spot concealer b/c my whole face (although it feels like it) is not not covered in discoloration. It blends well with my skin color, even though it seemingly looks a shade too dark out of the bottle. I wear it over my MFE foundation. It lasts all day and keeps things hidden that my medium coverage foundation doesn't by the end of the day.

I am extremely self-conscious about my melasma and this stuff makes me feel more confident...finally! $29.50 seems high, but for what it does and the quality of the makeup itself...it is completely worth it and inexpensive for what it is.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by icytiger8888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have gone through 2 tubes of this foundation. My primary use for this product is NOT the same as others. I have never used it on my face, Instead, I work as a Hooters Girl and my tattoos are REQUIRED to be covered. Regular foundation does not hold a hair to the staying power of derma-blend.

Yes, over time this foundation will wear a little bit in Opacity however it is definatley still there after the end of a 14 hour shift! This is the number one recommended foundation by H.O.A for tattoo coverage and it works better than anything else! Expensive, but does it's job.

Be warned when picking a shade that this foundation dries about 2 shades darker.

I think a lot of people are using this as an every-day foundation. It's not. It's similar to stage make-up and thus is going to be VERY HEAVY. Mask-like is a good way to explain it. This is red-carpet style makeup.

I have a full back-piece that i cover EVERY-DAY and I LOVE this foundation.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tigerangel9

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The best foundation on earth !! The only bad thing is shade selection.very limited .I use nude, but in winter it is to dark for me ..tried the opal but it is much to light.. I resort to purchasing both ,,expensive but there is NO better foundation so I blend them together .It makes for a perfectly flawless base,.a little goes a lot farther than any other product on the market and I have tried most .I would reccomend this product to anyone who like myself baked in the sun with baby oil.I know bad move but this base hides my redness and the very obvious large veins near my temples.. Have fun everyone..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by gagag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This foundation is unlike anything else on the market, and I mean that in the best way. The color range is rather limited, and I've found it has slightly cool undertones. I'm fair and somewhat neutral, but this still works for me. While one shade works well enough, combining two shades will make a perfect match; I mix Opal and Nude. It leaves a satin finish - somewhere between matte and dewy. There is no sheen. The lasting power - at least in the heat/humidity of Miami - isn't the best when used alone. The coverage is remarkable when first applied, but it slides off by the end of the day. I wouldn't recommend using this with primer or moisturizer, as that will only quicken the slide. That said, it is possible to make this last 16+ hours as the package suggests, but it requires a little more effort: I first combine the Vichy Dermablend Foundation with MUFE Full Cover with my fingertips, then I set everything with MUFE HD powder, and spray my face liberally with Skindinavia's No More Shine. Together, it's flawless, natural-looking, AND bulletproof - but since it requires 3 additional products to arrive at that point, it's clearly not perfect. I suspect this foundation might hold up better in a cooler, dryer climate. By itself, it wears like a second skin and does not cake no matter how much it's layered - if nothing else, this makes a great undereye concealer because it never creases. It's highly-pigmented, so I recommend using sparingly at first and layering only as needed. I prefer this foundation in liquid form to the stick version. This stuff is just one of those staple foundations that everyone should own, but it definitely takes a little experimentation at first.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by kellykaz

I have some issues with hyperpigmentation and acne scarring and was looking for something to cover those issues, this foundation does just that.

It offers really good coverage, that's buildable and doesn't clog my pores. I apply it with a makeup wedge dampened with a light mist of thermal spring water. I find this method keeps the foundation looking the most natural and doesn't make it cakey. I use shade 15- opal and it seems to blend in quite well with my skin. I paid $30 for the 30ml tube which was quite expensive to me at first, but a little goes a long way with this foundation.

Now, onto the things that aren't so great;

I have super oily skin, even when using a primer and powder to set, it doesn't last as long as I would like and it transfers onto my shirts and phone if I'm not careful.

My skin is sometimes flaky and this seems to grab onto those areas and make them more noticeable.

With that said, I most likely will purchase this again when I run out. I have tried other foundations but I keep coming back to this one because I like the coverage and I think it looks the best on my skin of anything I've tried so far.