September 2, 2014 | 1923 users online

Blush - Smashbox - O-Glow

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by emilyking27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Other

Gimmick.
I bought this product on a whim because i liked the idea of it. It took a few months for me to get used to it and begin to like it, I don't regret buying it. However, i wouldn't recommend it.
It gives me a nice pinkish glow on my pale skin tone but it only lasts a few hours and i have to reapply it. Not ideal because i am extremely pale and risk looking ghostly, hence longevity to me is key.
I like this product purely for the novelty factor and nice colour but for the price you could get a much better blush product.
I'd recommend a cream blush to get a similar glow.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2009 7:14:00 AM More reviews by annmrry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the plane home - a whim purchase - on the strength of what I'd heard about it - a product that promised to magically turn to the colour that would most suit the wearer.
On application, it turned quite a strong pink. I rectified this somewhat by putting very little product so that I'd have a subtle blush but this didn't work either as it had almost completely disappeared within an hour or two. I tried again by putting more product in the hope that I might achieve the right intensity an hour later - but no, it had disappeared again! It was also very tricky to put it on over foundation and/or powder - it erased the foundation instead of merging with it. Overall, this proved a very difficult product to apply satisfactorily. A waste of the 20 euro (29 euro in the shops) I paid for it. It's at the bottom of my makeup bag as an emergency product for when my Yves Rocher blush runs out - this was perfect at 8 euro). Never EVER buy this product to use as a blusher.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by summerbrow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have updated from 2 to 3 lippies, because I found out that you just have to set this with a powder - I use ELF's HD powder, and then it really last all day and give a nice and natural glow once you find the right dosage/amount of product needed.

--------------------------

BLEH is the most meaningful thing I can think of re. O-glow. It's quite expensive and a little hard to dose correctly, but once you the dose right it does give a nice blushing effect. But the staying power is rubbish.
And who do they think they're kidding w/ the "intuitive blush", rubbish. The stuff turns pink when subjected to the air outside the tube, it doesn't wait till it hits the cheek, so 1 lippy off for the phony marketing trick.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Jodieox

This is ok if it was cheaper, it does need a few trys to get the corrrect amount without looking like you've been in the cold for 10 mins. I like it and am a C1/2 in mac foundation so not totally pale but not tanned. It does give a nice flush once i got use to how much product is needed but it doesn't stay for very long. I would skip this and get a cream blush, or try it out in the shop before buying!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by fosterkr

I was afraid that it would make my skin break out, but amazingly.......it doesn't. I like the texture of it. It is very silky. It is kind of hard to blend evenly over my cheeks. I find myself going back and doing multiple applications until I feel that it looks good. I like that it is natural looking. It really does turn out to be the perfect pink for my light complexion. Unfortunately it doesn't have very great staying power. Maybe a few hours at the most. I don't think I'll be buying this stuff at full price again. I'll keep searching for the perfect blush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 7:30:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

When I first bought this I really liked it because I have a hard time finding a blush that looks natural on my fair skin. However, the more I used it, I noticed that it would fade very soon after applying and I would look like I didn't have any blush on. I especially noticed it fading in the hot weather. One day I put this on, sat outside for an hour, and when I went inside I had no colour on my cheeks at all! For the amount of money it costs I shouldn't have to re-apply 3+ times a day.
So I started looking for the perfect blush once again. I discovered a very similar product at The Body Shop called Cheek & Lip Stain. It is also a gel blush, but this one lasts so much longer without fading and is an even more natural shade of pink (the Smashbox one can look hot pink if you don't blend carefully). I love The Body Shop one and it is less than half the price of Smashbox O-Glow. So that is what I will be buying from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by dropsical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Firstly, I would like to preface this review by saying I get ALL my Smashbox products for far less than retail on eBay. I don't think I would pay full retail for anything in the line, as much as I love most things Smashbox. I managed to snag this for $7. So it's not that much more than a DS brand blush. I would buy again at a similar price, but I would never pay full price for this.

However, I really like this product. I generally go for a natural look, and this is great. It's a perfect pink without being too bright. It's very silky going on, and it's completely shine and shimmer free, which is hard to find in most powder blushes. The color is really intense at first, depending on how much you put on, but it only takes a very small amount and it tones down to a very pretty, natural flush. However, I have fair skin. This might look differently on someone with darker skin. I recommend trying it at a Sephora or an Ulta store before you buy it.

It has pretty decent wearing power. I put it on one night just to try it out and though I thought it'd long worn off, it was still kicking six hours later. It also did well during a long night out.

If you're looking for something more dramatic, I'd recommend Smashbox soft lights powder blushes. I always wear those onstage during plays and always get a really bright look and compliments on how fresh and glowy I look. But for my everyday, 5-minute makeup routine, this is perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by pleia666

I do not use blush, but when I tried this I thought it was really cool. If you use a lot of blush, you wont like this. It creates a natural, light looking pink and blends smoothly. If I used blush, I would buy this again if I used blush more often, but I really only bought it to experiment.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Thank goodness that I got this in a kit. It was really lovely when I tried at Sephora but I was relunctant to pay the $40 bucks for a blush. So, I went to Ulta and purchased this Try me Kit - Vol. 2 for $29.99. In the kit:

Bionic Mascara in Jet Black - smudges
Mini Reflection High Shine Lipgloss - nice
o-Glow Intuitive Cheek Color - hmmmm
Mini Photo Finish Primer - OK
Fusion Soft Lights in Baked Starburst - haven't played with it yet

Anyway, the O-Glow concept good..product not sooo good. It really does not have staying power. Not liking that I had to reapply 6 times during the day. I finally quit trying after the last application. I'll probably use it during the weekend and on bare skin doing errands and just to use it up. But, it reallly silly to set it with a powder blush...why bother with more products on your face. It's nice that it works for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by musicxxaddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i know it has a lot of negative reviews I actually like this product. The shade was very soft but it lasted a while for me,