August 2, 2014 | 1530 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lip Stain

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ohsoosmexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I own Passion and I somewhat like it. It's a bit too pink for me but if i wear the balm first then the stain then it gives me a pretty flush of pink color on my lips. My fave combo is wear this stain under MAC's Blankety or VS' Instinct.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by phoenix511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Oh boy oh boy, let's cash in on both the lip stain AND the vampire crazes! Close but no cigar. Like most of the other stains on the market, this leaves quite a bit to be desired. My lips aren't perfect; at any given time, depending on the weather/season, they're some degree between mildly and medium chapped. A good stain will disguise this; this stain goes above and beyond to HIGHLIGHT it. Maybe I shouldn't use stains period if my lips aren't perfect little canvases, but I'm willing to bet most people's aren't. The color is usually off from what you'd expect from the tube, although it's a toss-up as to whether that will be too light or too dark. Now, it IS possible to get your lips a lovely shade with either of the 2 types I tried (Beloved and Twilight, and I HATED buying something named the latter!), but I'm also willing to bet most people are not willing to spend on the order of nearly 10 minutes carefully dotting, shading, and wiping like I did. Lasting power? Just don't go there; not a fleck (and that's what they over-dried my lips to, flecks!) of color remained after eating a small lunch and sipping soda through a straw. Why even bother with the sad lil' itty bitty CUBE of balm on the other end? Of the 2 shades I tried , one seemed dried out from the start and the other quickly dried out and broke off; I don't know if all of the balms do this or if my packaging was extra shoddy, but it proves the point either way. These are still in my Bag of Misfit Cosmetics for emergencies, but I'm far more likely to reach for something else in there before these failures. I highly recommend NYC's lip stains (Smooch Proof) instead; they're the cheapest I've found, they don't dry out lips when done right, are very buildable depending on what you want, and last far better than these duds.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by jod84

omg i wish i never got this product........it looks like a pink marker pen with a small chap stick on the other end. when applied it looks like you have just drank some of that cheap fizzy cherry drink (NOT A GOOD LOOK) and the colour of the tubes are misleading i pinked up passion the tube is a very pale pink but the colour looks red on my lips. the only good thing is the staying power is great but if your like me and hate the colour it's a bitch to get off Overall i rate this product a fat 0 and by the way i used this thing once and it's already drying out? Revlon what where you thinking

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by VixenVamp27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was actually pretty surprised by some of the reviews that I read!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Just Bitten!! I own most of the colors in the line and couldn't be more pleased with them! They last forever it seems (I haven't had to restock in months!) and the color wears extremely well!! Every few uses or so you have to shake the pen a bit to resaturate the tip and then it's like new again! I work 12 hour days and apply it in the a.m. before I leave for work and it's still there when I get home in the evening... I only have to reapply my gloss once or twice during throughout the day and that's it!! It's especially great for us girls who love the vintage red lip look... The color stays and doesn't bleed! I've used several different (and expensive) department store brands and none of them compare!! The department store stains didn't wear near as long and they weren't nearly as pigmented! I HIGHLY recommend!! You will not be dissappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:53:00 AM More reviews by gladiolii

I was obsessed with this product a while ago, having never tried a lip stain with a color I liked. Ironically, the lip stain I tried before was Benetint, and I thought it was a little *too* pink on me... most people love that for looking natural, but on me it looked magenta. Anyway...
I got this in Forbidden. Good color payoff, at first. It's beginning to dry off though, and I pretty much have to rub the felt tip against my lips at least 30 times repeatedly in order to get the color payoff I want. So, Revlon, stop using a felt tip brush.
Also, the balm side wasn't bad... and I've been mindful of other people's saying it snapped off easy, so I've been really careful. No problem with that, so far. I probably won't ever have a problem with it though, since I stopped using it. Here are the reasons why: 1) it's not very moisturizing--I could just whip out my tube of petroleum jelly instead. 2) I seem to be allergic to something in it. I remember getting the same reaction when I used a lip balm with cocoa butter in it--and I haven't read the ingredient label for this, I just know that I got the same reaction. Which is, to be specific, that tiny little bumps would come up all over my lips, and they would itch, sort of like eczema on lips. It's not very pretty. 3) This balm needs a LOT of reapplication. It really doesn't last very long, but to give it credit, I neither taste nor smell anything really strong, so I guess that's a plus--if I weren't allergic to it.
So. That's my take on it. Watch out, anyone else who has this strange butter contact dermatitis deal. And for the price, you could probably find something that WON'T end up drying out within a month.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Shazzer1976

This lipstain has a lot going for it. Good colour range, reasonably priced, the lip balm stops your lips from looking or feeling too dry and it stays on all day with no need for touching up. I just don't think it works that well on my extra dry lips and the colour I got seemed to dry extra dark. (Can't lay my habds on it at the minute so I can't say what the shade was called.) I would still recommend this to other people. It just doesn't suit me that well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I don't understand all the negative reviews about this! You apply this evenly on lips, wait about 30-60 seconds to let it dry, and then apply the lip balm. I used this in a bright red (Goth) for Halloween. I was a pirate and wanted something that'd stay all night. OMG did this ever last! I touched up twice in the entire 7+hr night (from applying it at a friend's house, waiting for her to get ready, going to the club, and getting home to take it off). I was so happy I chose this. Now if only these could come in a little lighter color I'd be happy. The lightest (passion) shows up a bit dark on my lips.

Basically I took one lippie off 'cause I had to touch up & 'cause the colors are a bit too dark for lip stains.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by lillix1897

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it a lot!! Won't leave a stain on the cup is the best part of lip stain. But I would like to see more color selections! I had passion which looks great on my NC20 skin. Will repurchase if I can find another color that I like!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by swtxos

I don't understand why this has a 2.7 rating and BeneFit Benetint has a 3.6 rating!?

This lipstain is cost effective ($10CAD) and comes in a wide range of colours to choose from (my favourite shade is definitely Passion). As with all lipstains, the staying power is phenomenal. It doesn't offer any moisturizing properties to your lips, but lets get real here, lipstains never do. I never found application blotchy or that it settles into my fine lines, though you may want to consider this if you have mature lips. The stain is easily buildable if you want a more intense colour. I like that it comes with a convenient balm at the other end of the stick, albeit the cap is is awkward and you may run the risk of breaking off the balm. I think that's something Revlon should take into consideration if they decide to re-package this item in a more practical manner. In the meantime, just live with the awkward balm.

Other than the balm issue, I think Revlon lipstain is a great product and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Hannahbby2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love these! I have two, Beloved and Passion. Beloved is a mauve/berry toned color, and Passion is a bright pink. I first tried these back in october for my school's homecoming, I wore a gorgeous purple dress and wore the lipstain in Beloved with a gloss on top. I was so surprised at how long this lasted, I got through dinner and only had to reapply my lipgloss once. I highly recommend these if you are going to be wearing it somewhere like a dance, club, even a wedding, where you don't want to be bothered with reapplying your lipstick a million times throughout the night.

The lipstain itself is awesome. Some have a tendency to be drying (ehm, covergirl outlast), but this one, even without using the balm, is still not as drying as some of the other's I've tried.

The only gripe I have is about the packaging. At first, I was under the impression that the lip balm would twist up at the bottom, but actually, it's just there, covered by a cap. Because of this design flaw, you have to be really careful not to press too hard or the balm will fall out.

Overall, I love the product, and would repurchase. I do wish the balm would twist up into the tube, but it's not a big enough turnoff to keep me from repurchasing.