October 2, 2014 | 1499 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Ultimate Expressions Eyeshadow Palette - Sand Castle - 396 [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 3:45:00 AM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i LOVE this e/s palette, i'm glad i got this in a swap. the price is dirt cheap, you got 8 well pigmented e/s, convenient packaging, & has a slide-in mirror.
    the colors:
    shimmery white: great as highlighter for inner corner,browbone & cheeks.
    beigey-yellow-ish brown: good for nude look
    shimmery pale peach: great inner corner & browbone highlighter
    matte pink-beige: good for nude look
    neutral to cool toned brown: my fave color to define my crease
    gold: i like mixing it w/ the shimmery pale peach
    chocolate brown: great for smokey brown eyes
    dark brown: sexy as a smudgy liner.
    yep, i will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 8:25:00 PM More reviews by PleasantCo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this same pallette 3 times now because I keep using all of my favorite color!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by sahmu4ia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I happened to see a review for this on the MA log-on page. I guess it was there as a recently reviewed product and it caught my eye.
    Well lo and behold, I found it that very same day at my local Rite Aid. (that never happens to me, if it's got great reviews and it's cheap, it's usually nowhere to be found).
    I really must agree with all the + reviews. Colors work perfectly for my blue eyes, and the lighter shades are just right for work. Subtle shimmer but not in a weird, cheap way. At 48, I can't get away with that look.
    This palette has just about every shade of brown I will ever need with no orangey tones. I think I might start throwing out some of my singles. who needs em?
    This stuff does go on like butter and didn't crease after wearing all day at my very active job.
    I think I'll go grab another one of these and maybe even explore another set of colors if there is one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 3:36:00 PM More reviews by tristitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is huge and clunky, but who cares at this price?
    The colors look nice (though they're all a little pink), in the pan. It got great reviews here. So I bought it.
    And I'll use it once in a while, I guess, but I don't really like it.
    The darker colors are TOO pigmented - they're hard to blend, and almost seem like they're staining my skin - hard to wash off completely. Work okay for liners, though. The lighter colors are way too frosty - not shimmery and eye-brightening, but grossly frosty - to wear as highlight colors. I don't think I want them as a wash, either. And one has a ton of fallout-causing glitter.
    I like a lot of W&W's eyeshadows, and think they're great for the cost, but this palette just didn't live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A must have! I have been into eyeshadow lately and picked this up for a more natural smokey eye. These are shimmery, but wearable and don't look OTT or garish. Neutral colors however a couple are cooler colors. I even use the off-white super shimmer as a striking highlight for evening. The darker colors are great for the crease and outer corners of the eye and the lightest and darker peachy colors are great for all over the lid as a wash or even a base. The eight colors are very pigmented and last all day with a primer (never tried it without). The feel very silky on and give a sexy, seductive smokey eye when applied right - not too dramatic but one that will definitely get you noticed. I would repurchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bethisbest

I love these eyeshadow sets!
    I love the pearl colors in the same set as the bronze colors.

Pros:
    Go on easily and smooth
    Don't crease
    Last all day
    Has the right shimmer
    Great price and variety
    Exactly what I was looking for!

Cons:
    Lighter colors may fade
    Lighter color creased once (don't know why, maybe I didn't put enough on)
    The case is hard to open sometimes

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 4:37:00 AM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

after looking up around and hearing some really great things about this product, i thought..hey why not..? for $5 .. there's not much to lose. All I can say is that I'm really really impressed with these eye shadows. They are like butter smooth..& also there's isn't much fallout when picking up product unlike the 26 neutral palette from coastal scents where it's fallout central.

Pros-
    -butter smooth great great texture!
    -colors are highly pigmented (& yes I do own high end products so I have some basis to go off of it)
    -really easy to blend & they colors don't fade away after blending (big plus for me on that one)
    -good range of colors
    -pay off is really great for the price
    -$5 ?! amazing

Cons-
    -packaging is absolute crap .. clunky and unattractive
    -one of the colors on the top lefthand side (white) contains glitter. i am not a fan of glitter whatsoever so on that end, I guess it's personal preference
    -all the colors are shimmery .. I like my looks to be matte finish mostly, but in this case it's fine.

Would I purchase this product again? YES. big thumbs up for me.

Took a lippie out b/c it's a little bit too shimmery for me and one of the shadows have glitters.

Very surprised..& you will be too--check it out .. you'll be pleasantly surprised.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by tanyaw168

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I, too, had to try this after reading all the rave reviews. My only regret is that it took me so long to try it!
    For me, this is a very natural palette. It's perfect for work and gives a really refined, clean look. You have to keep it a bit light handed just to avoid an over shimmery look, but as long as you keep it simple, it's perfect.
    I love the lighter shades and the darker chocolate brown is to die for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by SquishyUmdlaw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Gosh I freaking love this palette! I was curious about this palette because a number of people on the FOTD board keep raving about it. The pigmentation is fab -- lovely neutral shades ranging from an irridescent silvery white, a shimmery light taupe, subtle shimmery peachy beige, a subtle pearly light taupe (slightly warm), and 4 shades of bronzey browns. Love the velvety texture as its quite easy to blend. Bought it at $3.49 at CVS. Before MUA, I never would have thought to buy WnW. The quality of thier products have greatly improved since my high school days. The packaging isn't too bad for a d/s item. Seems more sturdy than their blush compacts (ugh). I'm very happy with this and would definitely purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by celticfaery

Just bought this based on MUA reviews, and so far, after swatches only...I LOVE it! the shadows seems to go very nicely on my skin, very pigmented, wonderful warm summer tones fro my skin! The highlight shades seem to be very versitile as well. SUPER cheap at only 4.99 at Walgreens. Packaging is fine, with a cute little pull out mirror. Hopefully I love it as much after I test it further!