December 20, 2014 | 1700 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2009 8:01:00 AM More reviews by Nokomi

I saw this first on Judy's Youtube Channel. It has light to medium coverage with no shimmer like BE has.
I am Mac NC20 and BE Fairly Light and Siamese (Neutral) and Frisky is my shade. They look darker on the website. Frisky looks way too dark on my computer and it's closer to BE Fairly Light than Sleek. (I have both at home) Sleek was way too light. I did notice that this one has a little bit less coverage than BE, so I think next time I might get the heavier one. My only complaint is that it does not last as long as BE does and now that they have a matte formula out I might not repurchase. However my skin is oily so take that with a grain of salt. The samples are so cheap this is worth checking out. It's also perfect for setting your liquid foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

On my never ending search for the perfect mineral foundation, I came across this version by Meow Cosmetics. I was currently using Merle Norman's mineral foundation and loved the coverage, but the shimmer was starting to annoy me. I was looking for a truly matte product and this does not fit the bill. I see that reviewers are disagreeing about the finish of this. Some say it's matte, others say it leaves a slight dewy appearance. If you stick your finger in the product and swipe it across your wrist, you will notice very small specks of glitter. It's subtle, but the more you build it up, the more apparent the glitter becomes. So, if you only need a very light application, you will barely notice it.

One thing I noticed while wearing this foundation is that it made my face feel oilier than normal right away. I actually had to reapply finishing powder before I left the house (within a half hour). So, although I found a lovely match with Frisky Sphinx (I'm a MAC NC20), this is not my holy grail and the search continues.

EDIT: Blech!! By the end of the day, I can not WAIT to wash this off. It starts to feel very heavy and itchy and my skin feels super irritated. 1 more lippie off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried 4 different mineral makeup brands before I tried Meow. The other brands made me look chalky, caused me to break out. I experimented with their samples to find my correct color (they're only $1 each and they have a huge color range) and finally found 2 shades that work really well with my skin tone. Meow settles with your skin tone and stays on pretty well. I have both Purrfect Puss and Pampered Puss. I can wear Pampered Puss all the time, no problem. But with my sensitive skin I can't wear Purrfect Puss if I'm going to be out in the sun or sweating, because the skin by the sides of my nose will start to burn. I don't have this problem with Pampered Puss. I really like how my skin looks with Meow's foundation, and I like how my sensitive skin acts, too, as I've had far less breakouts in the 6 months that I've been using mineral makeup than I had previously when I was using MAC StudioFix. I also like the fact that Meow is pale enough for me. My MAC was too dark, even in the lightest shade. I feel like this is a good quality product, especially for the price. Plus, Meow has sales rather often, so you can get their foundations at 15% to 25% off. Their samples are $1.00 only, so you can purchase several shades for cheap until you find the color that works best for you. The Munchkin sizes range from $10.95 to $14.95 depending on the coverage you choose, and the Large size (which is huge, 30g net wt), ranges from $21.95 to $26.95. I only have to use one layer of product to achieve my desired level of coverage, and I don't have to use primer. I have normal, sometimes slightly dry skin, so I always moisturize well before I put on my foundation. This will last all day on me, and I will only occasionally have to touch up (say after I've had it on for 8 hours), but I know that I don't have typical skin. Regardless I definitely recommend this foundation. It is now my Holy Grail foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Must admit that I was looking for a mineral foundation for quite some time and I've ordered even Pure Luxe, Lumiere and others, but this is the foundation that got me really impressed!

I really like Meow's descriptions on their site cause they were much of a help for me nad thanks to them I chose the right color - Frisky Chausy (during winter time) and Naughty Chausie (during summer time, when I get some tan).

Anyway, I was so surprised how amazing it looked on my skin! None foundation ever looked like that! It feels like silk on skin, it's not heavy and I really don't feel like I have anything at all on my skin. I like the way it makes my skin look even since I have this slight discoloration (bit of redish flakes on my skin sometimes). Beside that, I like it's price cause it's really not expensive at all. The only thing I don't like is packaging - I like that jar, and it holds really tight but that sifter makes me nervous every time I'm trying to get some foundation out of it :)))
However, that's something that really isn't the most important thing when it comes to product quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

Meow Cosmetics was my first entry into the world of minerals and my only complaint is that they are messy but otherwise, these products are great. As they are only available on-line, it took time for me to slog through all the color options but I finally did find a perfect match. They have so many shades it would be hard not to match one of them. This foundation feels like a dream to put on - light, soft and smoothing. I never used to wear liquid foundation as I just didn't feel good in it but Meow Pampered Puss feels great on.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Lynn78

Being an NC 15, I normally would go for the lightest colors for foundation. I found my match in mixing 50% Sleek Korat and 50% Inquisitive Angora. Giving me a good yellow -beige mix.

Recently finished my (EDM) everyday minerals foundation in Golden Fair Matte, which would become an oil slick and cake slightly after 3 hours, I have to blot with my trusty MAC blot powder.

Decided to give Meow a go, since I have Oily skin and heard rave reviews on Meow's mattifying properties. Wow! It was amazing! I personally feel that it is more finely milled that EDM, it is much easier to blend, stays matte much longer, for at least 8 hrs (with a primer base on top of my LRP sunscreen). Best of all, no caking! I ordered a full size and can't wait to recieve it :)

Note: I did not notice any big chunks of glitter that would cause you to look like a discoball. This is a matte finish foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kitten_devine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the fact that there's so many shades to choose from and I like the fact that you can choose the amount of coverage you desire, but there were tiny GLITTERS in it! I don't like sparkles on my face unless it's in an eyeshadow:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been trying out samples for the last couple of weeks. I think I'm in between Fierce Mau and Slinky Mau. I haven't figured out what my match is yet but Pampured Puss works great with my skin. I don't like foundation that's too shiny and some MMU brands make my face itch. I have not had a problem with itching even when sweating with this stuff. Once I find my shade I will definitely purchase a bigger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mmu. I love it. They have the most range in shades out of any mmu I've seen. The jar is huge and has lasted me over a year already and I still have tons left. It goes on nicely, doesn't make me itch (maybe just the teeniest bit sometimes) good coverage, and lasts well. I haven't found anything as good yet, and I've tried quite a few. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Rdumont

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying both Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline, the PP looks more natural with my skin. Though I love the complete coverage of the FF foundation, the FF comes rather chaulky on my skin. Using the PP and a few dabs of Sleek Siamese concealer, I have the perfect coverage with less chaulkiness.

Currently, I mixing PP in Siamese (more neutral) and PP in Chartreux (more yellow). Just got in an order with PP in Manx (yellow/biege) so we shall see how that works out! Plus the ladies on their forums are wonderful and Jen was such a great help in matching colors to me (many thanks!).

I am so thrilled to have options of wearing foundation now as I'm rather pale and even the lightest shades elsewhere appeared dark and unnatural with my coloring.

And with the deal of samples being only a dollar, I'm afraid that I'm addicted....

Much love for Meow!