November 23, 2014 | 1534 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by vmelkic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Must admit that I was looking for a mineral foundation for quite some time and I've ordered even Pure Luxe, Lumiere and others, but this is the foundation that got me really impressed!

I really like Meow's descriptions on their site cause they were much of a help for me nad thanks to them I chose the right color - Frisky Chausy (during winter time) and Naughty Chausie (during summer time, when I get some tan).

Anyway, I was so surprised how amazing it looked on my skin! None foundation ever looked like that! It feels like silk on skin, it's not heavy and I really don't feel like I have anything at all on my skin. I like the way it makes my skin look even since I have this slight discoloration (bit of redish flakes on my skin sometimes). Beside that, I like it's price cause it's really not expensive at all. The only thing I don't like is packaging - I like that jar, and it holds really tight but that sifter makes me nervous every time I'm trying to get some foundation out of it :)))
However, that's something that really isn't the most important thing when it comes to product quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

Meow Cosmetics was my first entry into the world of minerals and my only complaint is that they are messy but otherwise, these products are great. As they are only available on-line, it took time for me to slog through all the color options but I finally did find a perfect match. They have so many shades it would be hard not to match one of them. This foundation feels like a dream to put on - light, soft and smoothing. I never used to wear liquid foundation as I just didn't feel good in it but Meow Pampered Puss feels great on.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Lynn78

Being an NC 15, I normally would go for the lightest colors for foundation. I found my match in mixing 50% Sleek Korat and 50% Inquisitive Angora. Giving me a good yellow -beige mix.

Recently finished my (EDM) everyday minerals foundation in Golden Fair Matte, which would become an oil slick and cake slightly after 3 hours, I have to blot with my trusty MAC blot powder.

Decided to give Meow a go, since I have Oily skin and heard rave reviews on Meow's mattifying properties. Wow! It was amazing! I personally feel that it is more finely milled that EDM, it is much easier to blend, stays matte much longer, for at least 8 hrs (with a primer base on top of my LRP sunscreen). Best of all, no caking! I ordered a full size and can't wait to recieve it :)

Note: I did not notice any big chunks of glitter that would cause you to look like a discoball. This is a matte finish foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kitten_devine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the fact that there's so many shades to choose from and I like the fact that you can choose the amount of coverage you desire, but there were tiny GLITTERS in it! I don't like sparkles on my face unless it's in an eyeshadow:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been trying out samples for the last couple of weeks. I think I'm in between Fierce Mau and Slinky Mau. I haven't figured out what my match is yet but Pampured Puss works great with my skin. I don't like foundation that's too shiny and some MMU brands make my face itch. I have not had a problem with itching even when sweating with this stuff. Once I find my shade I will definitely purchase a bigger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mmu. I love it. They have the most range in shades out of any mmu I've seen. The jar is huge and has lasted me over a year already and I still have tons left. It goes on nicely, doesn't make me itch (maybe just the teeniest bit sometimes) good coverage, and lasts well. I haven't found anything as good yet, and I've tried quite a few. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Rdumont

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying both Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline, the PP looks more natural with my skin. Though I love the complete coverage of the FF foundation, the FF comes rather chaulky on my skin. Using the PP and a few dabs of Sleek Siamese concealer, I have the perfect coverage with less chaulkiness.

Currently, I mixing PP in Siamese (more neutral) and PP in Chartreux (more yellow). Just got in an order with PP in Manx (yellow/biege) so we shall see how that works out! Plus the ladies on their forums are wonderful and Jen was such a great help in matching colors to me (many thanks!).

I am so thrilled to have options of wearing foundation now as I'm rather pale and even the lightest shades elsewhere appeared dark and unnatural with my coloring.

And with the deal of samples being only a dollar, I'm afraid that I'm addicted....

Much love for Meow!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Sadrina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice mineral foundation. Probably the best mineral foundation I have ever used for my oily skin. Medium coverage and they have a TON of colors to choose from. Their samples are very skimpy but they are reasonably priced. Their full size product is very generous, however, and will last a long time. (Good value)

They do have nice sales from time to time but be *VERY* careful when using their discount codes. They had a bunch of discount codes circulating during their recent Easter 2008 sale. I used one and it gave me $5.00 of my $28.00 dollar order. Meow later billed me for this $5.00 and said the code I used wasn't valid (???). So, despite there being probably 10 different discount codes circulating that day (a friend of mine received free shipping off of her $25.00 order, which was $5.10 discount) I didn't get to participate in their "sale". Very strange experience. For this reason I only am giving them 3 lippies.

Other than that little issue they do make a good product.

Will I buy from them again? Possibly....not sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by melmmo

Wish I could do a real review of this product, but the samples are so tiny, I had a very difficult time finding the right shade. $1.00 per sample (plus shipping) for basically one application. That does not make me purr! :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really really like this mineral makeup. I ordered samples, hoping I could find a color match (since I've never really found one before for my ridiculously pale skin). Well, I found my match! Inquisitive Siamese (really light neutral) was my match! I was so excited to find a color match that I ordered the full size and I am glad I did. This stuff makes my skin look flawless and it lasts a long time on my oily skin. Plus, you get a HUGE jar for about 23 dollars. When I run out (2 years from now? Haha), I'll definitely reorder.