April 17, 2014 | 1924 users online

Foundations - Meow Cosmetics - Pampered Puss Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by kitten_devine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the fact that there's so many shades to choose from and I like the fact that you can choose the amount of coverage you desire, but there were tiny GLITTERS in it! I don't like sparkles on my face unless it's in an eyeshadow:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by dtn06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been trying out samples for the last couple of weeks. I think I'm in between Fierce Mau and Slinky Mau. I haven't figured out what my match is yet but Pampured Puss works great with my skin. I don't like foundation that's too shiny and some MMU brands make my face itch. I have not had a problem with itching even when sweating with this stuff. Once I find my shade I will definitely purchase a bigger size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Lori54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG mmu. I love it. They have the most range in shades out of any mmu I've seen. The jar is huge and has lasted me over a year already and I still have tons left. It goes on nicely, doesn't make me itch (maybe just the teeniest bit sometimes) good coverage, and lasts well. I haven't found anything as good yet, and I've tried quite a few. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Rdumont

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying both Pampered Puss and Flawless Feline, the PP looks more natural with my skin. Though I love the complete coverage of the FF foundation, the FF comes rather chaulky on my skin. Using the PP and a few dabs of Sleek Siamese concealer, I have the perfect coverage with less chaulkiness.

Currently, I mixing PP in Siamese (more neutral) and PP in Chartreux (more yellow). Just got in an order with PP in Manx (yellow/biege) so we shall see how that works out! Plus the ladies on their forums are wonderful and Jen was such a great help in matching colors to me (many thanks!).

I am so thrilled to have options of wearing foundation now as I'm rather pale and even the lightest shades elsewhere appeared dark and unnatural with my coloring.

And with the deal of samples being only a dollar, I'm afraid that I'm addicted....

Much love for Meow!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Sadrina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very nice mineral foundation. Probably the best mineral foundation I have ever used for my oily skin. Medium coverage and they have a TON of colors to choose from. Their samples are very skimpy but they are reasonably priced. Their full size product is very generous, however, and will last a long time. (Good value)

They do have nice sales from time to time but be *VERY* careful when using their discount codes. They had a bunch of discount codes circulating during their recent Easter 2008 sale. I used one and it gave me $5.00 of my $28.00 dollar order. Meow later billed me for this $5.00 and said the code I used wasn't valid (???). So, despite there being probably 10 different discount codes circulating that day (a friend of mine received free shipping off of her $25.00 order, which was $5.10 discount) I didn't get to participate in their "sale". Very strange experience. For this reason I only am giving them 3 lippies.

Other than that little issue they do make a good product.

Will I buy from them again? Possibly....not sure.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by melmmo

Wish I could do a real review of this product, but the samples are so tiny, I had a very difficult time finding the right shade. $1.00 per sample (plus shipping) for basically one application. That does not make me purr! :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by erijica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really really like this mineral makeup. I ordered samples, hoping I could find a color match (since I've never really found one before for my ridiculously pale skin). Well, I found my match! Inquisitive Siamese (really light neutral) was my match! I was so excited to find a color match that I ordered the full size and I am glad I did. This stuff makes my skin look flawless and it lasts a long time on my oily skin. Plus, you get a HUGE jar for about 23 dollars. When I run out (2 years from now? Haha), I'll definitely reorder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 11:28:00 PM More reviews by lil_me

my skin: Asian, 40 year old, oily, acne prone, enlarged pores, redness.

I purchased the Pampered Puss(PP) in Naughty Angora(full size) and Naughty Korat(munchkin size).

The PP Naughty Angora is a soft pale yellow MMU with no beige or brown in it at all. It is very, very yellow looking in the jar. On my skin, it gives a soft focus look and does a nice job neutralizing the redness around my nostrils and chin. I like the light/medium(they says it's their medium) layerable coverage as there is no cakey feeling at all. Though I believe it can be applied wet, I have not tried it yet. It seems too messy for me. Perhaps, I'll give it a try when I have more time. Currently, I use a velour powder puff to apply. I finish off with a kabuki brush sometimes. No need to swirl and buff like the other MMUs. There is mica in this, but I did not experience any ichiness or excessive shininess. The mica is very slighty sparkly, but not shiny. The very light sparkles gives off a light reflective effect. This is a nice welcome for my 40 year old skin. I never thought I would welcome any kind of sparkly stuff. I hated it in my teens all the way through my 30's. From a distance, it looks fairly matte/not dry looking at all. Sounds weird, but it does not give off the same yucky shine like Bare Escentuals had. Their colors were all wrong and the shine drove me nuts! I guess not all mica is bad...

The PP in Naughty Korat is what was described as golden beige for Asian skin types. It kind of looked a bit ashy in the jar--kind of neutral beige, not warm, golden, nor yellow enough to me. When I applied it with a velour powder puff, it melded with my skintone quite nicely, however, it did not give the soft focus glow I was looking for. It was just kind of average based on color. I think I'll stick with Naughty Manx(yellow/peach) and Naughty Angora(soft yellow).

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by nynaeve77

I'd never tried a mineral foundation, and my sister turned me on to Meow. I ordered a bunch of samples (which are only a buck!) to find out what shade I needed (Frisky Bengal). I have fairly decent skin, so I ordered the Pampered Puss formula and I love it! It blends nicely into my skin and keeps the shine at bay for hours. My color cosmetics adhere nicely to it and last all day. I don't have to use much product to get good coverage. I don't even bother with a liquid foundation anymore because I love this stuff so much!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2007 11:55:00 AM More reviews by faedreams79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this makeup. I heard good reviews about it online, and I decided to try it instead of reordering my EM. I am so sorry that I did. It caused my skin to break out terribly! I have so many blackheads on my forehead now- the one part of my face that is usually free of blackheads! And I have sore, large pimples on my chin and more zits on my cheeks! I will not repurchase! In fact I have ordered my other mineral makeup and chosen the fastest shipping option!