Everyday Minerals Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

Everyday Minerals Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Not tested on animals

on 5/15/2007 7:47:00 AM

I use the Silk Dust as a primer before my Intensive Foundation. It helps to control shine from sunscreen or moisturizer and lets the foundation go on smoothly, more like it would on bare skin, rather than grabbing the sunscreen/moisturizer unevenly. It also smooths out the appearance of large pores. I was using talc for this purpose before, but the Silk Dust is definitely better, especially at minimizing the appearance of pores. Sometimes I use a slight dusting of Silk Dust over the foundation as well. My container is new and there's so much powder in there that it's hard to get any out! I haven't noticed any smell at all, so although I don't doubt the reviewers who mention a smell, it's definitely not a given.

on 5/5/2007 7:35:00 AM

This powder is awesome to set your makeup. It is transluscent without making you look paler. You only need a small amount and it helps keep your makeup looking fresh all day.

on 5/3/2007 5:34:00 AM

This is great as a primer to control oil. I was amazed the first time I used it and discovered that it made my EM foundation (intensive or original glo) look great all day long. My foundation used to disappear during the day, but not with this. A def HG!

on 4/21/2007 8:12:00 PM

I'm really loving silk dust. It keeps my everyday minerals foundation looking perfect all day, and is white enough to give me the finish I want that matches my ghostly skintone. Good stuff! I like it more than the regular finishing dust. And, like all of EM's products, it's a great value - considering the prices of other mineral makeup products and the quality you're getting, EM is an amazing deal.

on 4/16/2007 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this Silk Dust. Like I love their Balancing Powder too. I like both better than the Finishing Dust, it's not that I don't like the finishing dust which I do, it's just that it seemed truly ridiculous to be ordering to the US for something I get for about a dollar at my local supermarket, since finishing dust is just corn starch! But this silk dust really rocks! It is so versatile, you can use it alone, over yucky shiny sunscreens, over any sort of foundation, under foundation as a primer and oil controller. If you have a foundation that is too dark silk dust can also be used to lighten it. And it gives me such a soft silky smooth skin I can't help touching it all the time! It does have a smell, sort of like something, plants maybe, rotting in the earth, like in your garden, but it goes away.

on 4/6/2007 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've only owned this for three days, but I didn't want to forget to write a review. I bought the Tinted Silk Dust mini to control the shine on my nose and forehead. It works sort of well for my half light W-half olive fair N skin, since it is a bit peachy. It also felt very drying on my skin, and I do use moisturizer and sunblock and wait awhile for them to sink in first. It doesn't last that long alone, but it'll hold through for about four hours of walking up and down my campus' hills. What I thought was VERY interesting was the smell. Honestly, it smells like a
sewer. It brought back familiar memories of me walking to my grandmother's old home, which isn't a good thing. The smell, however, lasts only for five to ten seconds, meaning when I open my mini jar I'll get a painful whiff of it, but then the smell will disappear. Then, when I dip my powder brush into it and bring it to my face, spread it, I'll get the nasty smell again. It goes as quickly as it comes, luckily. I'm not sure if this is the same problem for everyone but for anybody put off the smell, it doesn't seem to linger!

*Edit* I actually now love this product. For some reason, it won't last long but it gives a decent matteness and the silk dust that I bought with my kit does not smell as bad as my mini did. It might be that I'm used to it, but I'm definitely sticking with this. continued >>

on 3/31/2007 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Let me first say I am a huge EM fan I love their products however this is the one product I was really disappointed with. It didn't do much for me and it smells really bad, kind of like ground up clam shells. I actually did contact EM about this and their cs emailed me back saying they haven't come across this before and that they were going to look into it. I haven't heard anything since. The smell is mentioned in previous reviews so I know I am not imagining it.

on 3/29/2007 10:32:00 PM

I like th silk dust, which works far better than BE's Mineral Veil. My only qualm with the product is that it doesn't seem to keep the oil at bay for long. Then again, I am a veritable oil well sometimes, so I can't blame the product.

on 3/22/2007 9:12:00 PM

My favorite out of the finishing dusts. Keeps skin matte longer and gives a seamless finish. At first the silk think freaked me out but it proved to be a great finishing powder. Tinted silk dust is best for light to medium tones.

on 3/20/2007 9:07:00 PM

This is by far my favorite finishing powder. It goes on translucent and isn't cakey or shiny at all. It gives my a more natural look. I use it will both mineral and liquid makeup. I totally love it. The only problem is when I first got it, they must have put a little too much product in the jar because it took forever fr me to shake any loose, it shakes more now.

Recommended for Normal Skin