November 22, 2014 | 2065 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Silk Dust (Untinted ) [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I could love this product but I cannot. For some reason, it makes my skin break out. I have combination skin and normally have no problems with other make-ups (except for mineral oil based). Everything else about the product is great, the price, the packaging, its sheer, and has a great feel to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 7:47:00 AM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use the Silk Dust as a primer before my Intensive Foundation. It helps to control shine from sunscreen or moisturizer and lets the foundation go on smoothly, more like it would on bare skin, rather than grabbing the sunscreen/moisturizer unevenly. It also smooths out the appearance of large pores. I was using talc for this purpose before, but the Silk Dust is definitely better, especially at minimizing the appearance of pores. Sometimes I use a slight dusting of Silk Dust over the foundation as well. My container is new and there's so much powder in there that it's hard to get any out! I haven't noticed any smell at all, so although I don't doubt the reviewers who mention a smell, it's definitely not a given.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 7:35:00 AM More reviews by dsbbhome

This powder is awesome to set your makeup. It is transluscent without making you look paler. You only need a small amount and it helps keep your makeup looking fresh all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2007 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Hilarie86

This is great as a primer to control oil. I was amazed the first time I used it and discovered that it made my EM foundation (intensive or original glo) look great all day long. My foundation used to disappear during the day, but not with this. A def HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2007 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lrbashir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm really loving silk dust. It keeps my everyday minerals foundation looking perfect all day, and is white enough to give me the finish I want that matches my ghostly skintone. Good stuff! I like it more than the regular finishing dust. And, like all of EM's products, it's a great value - considering the prices of other mineral makeup products and the quality you're getting, EM is an amazing deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this Silk Dust. Like I love their Balancing Powder too. I like both better than the Finishing Dust, it's not that I don't like the finishing dust which I do, it's just that it seemed truly ridiculous to be ordering to the US for something I get for about a dollar at my local supermarket, since finishing dust is just corn starch! But this silk dust really rocks! It is so versatile, you can use it alone, over yucky shiny sunscreens, over any sort of foundation, under foundation as a primer and oil controller. If you have a foundation that is too dark silk dust can also be used to lighten it. And it gives me such a soft silky smooth skin I can't help touching it all the time! It does have a smell, sort of like something, plants maybe, rotting in the earth, like in your garden, but it goes away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by yuey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've only owned this for three days, but I didn't want to forget to write a review. I bought the Tinted Silk Dust mini to control the shine on my nose and forehead. It works sort of well for my half light W-half olive fair N skin, since it is a bit peachy. It also felt very drying on my skin, and I do use moisturizer and sunblock and wait awhile for them to sink in first. It doesn't last that long alone, but it'll hold through for about four hours of walking up and down my campus' hills. What I thought was VERY interesting was the smell. Honestly, it smells like a
    sewer. It brought back familiar memories of me walking to my grandmother's old home, which isn't a good thing. The smell, however, lasts only for five to ten seconds, meaning when I open my mini jar I'll get a painful whiff of it, but then the smell will disappear. Then, when I dip my powder brush into it and bring it to my face, spread it, I'll get the nasty smell again. It goes as quickly as it comes, luckily. I'm not sure if this is the same problem for everyone but for anybody put off the smell, it doesn't seem to linger!

*Edit* I actually now love this product. For some reason, it won't last long but it gives a decent matteness and the silk dust that I bought with my kit does not smell as bad as my mini did. It might be that I'm used to it, but I'm definitely sticking with this. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2007 9:43:00 PM More reviews by katarina124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me first say I am a huge EM fan I love their products however this is the one product I was really disappointed with. It didn't do much for me and it smells really bad, kind of like ground up clam shells. I actually did contact EM about this and their cs emailed me back saying they haven't come across this before and that they were going to look into it. I haven't heard anything since. The smell is mentioned in previous reviews so I know I am not imagining it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by swinechimp

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like th silk dust, which works far better than BE's Mineral Veil. My only qualm with the product is that it doesn't seem to keep the oil at bay for long. Then again, I am a veritable oil well sometimes, so I can't blame the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2007 9:12:00 PM More reviews by mcv714

My favorite out of the finishing dusts. Keeps skin matte longer and gives a seamless finish. At first the silk think freaked me out but it proved to be a great finishing powder. Tinted silk dust is best for light to medium tones.