April 18, 2014 | 1903 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Max

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by sarah1982

This is my HG mascara. Makes my eyelashes long, thick and black. It's inexpensive too! Have repurchased this so many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by annakristina

This is simply the best mascara I have ever used. And I've been through a LOT. I need a mascara that separates and lengthens, and Masterpiece Max does the job perfectly, I love it! It is easy to remove, and doesn't flake (except when it gets to the end of the sell-by) and it isn't as expensive as brands like Clinique and YSL, but is just as effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by lingxi27

I LOVE Masterpiece Max! It's subtle enough for everyday usage, but buildable for night time outings - adds volume, defines and lengthens (though i gotta use a light hand or I'll end up with super-long lashes and i don't really like that..) this uses an enhanced version of the yellow iFX brush from the original version (this one's pink) and i feel it works better at separating my lashes. HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by JamieKiddo

This is my favourite mascara by far as it is very buildable if you want a really subtle look to you lashes with big volume than this is great, and if you're going out in the evening this is great beause you can put on as many layers as you want without it looking clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Anna888

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using Max Factor mascaras for years and don't feel the need to bother trying any other brand! They're inexpensive, don't smudge, and do a good job! The only downside is that often the
eyelashes may clump a bit, to avoid this wipe the wand gently with a tissue to take any excess off before using.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 2:30:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This mascara grabs even the shortest lashes and makes them long and full. The stiff plastic bristles are good.

The downside is that I end up with flakes underneath and in the corner of my eyes so would try another type rather than repurchasing. From around lunchtime I find flakes and lack bits under my eyes - not a good look!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Lazee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It ok. not that special to repurchase again tho as there are tons of mascaras on the market to explore.

I find the most effective way of applying is to first apply to the base of the lashes and brush up in zig zag motion (look down into the mirror when you do this) and then to look straight into the mirror, tilt your head back and apply another coat working on the tips in a straight fast motion. This lengthens, volumnizes, and holds the curl well. If I dont follow this method, then I don't get this result. I just end up with darker looking spider lashes. The good thing about this mascara is that you can build up volume with little clumping,so you can get that false lash effect, however it takes a bit of time and effort and i'm pretty sure there are other mascaras that can do this more efficiently.

It doesn't smudge, however, don't cry wearing this because it will go everywhere!

overall,not bad but not amazing x

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by virgogrl100

My HG mascara. Lasts for a long time, application is easy, no clumping, if it does run or smudge it is only a little, which just adds to the smoky-eye sexy effect ; ) ...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by SophinaA

I was hesitant to buy this mascara as i wasn't sure if i should by the fash lash effect as i really needed volume. This mascara suprised me so much and adds real definition and volume to my lashes without making them clumpy. definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MySilentHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not normally a Max Factor customer, but they had a special deal with a free bag of goodies when you make a purchase, so I chose this Mascara and I'm so glad I did!

LOVE IT!!

I have pretty long lashes already, so I need to thicken and volumise my lashes - and this Mascara does exactly that, whilst lengthening slightly and separating!

Also, my lashes are very curly originally, so I have a lot of problems with mascara getting onto my lids, but this mascara seems to stay put, while still being very easy to remove at the end of the day.

The brush looks interesting (very short bristles/plastic), so I was skeptical at how the brush works. But however it does it, it's a fabulous effect!

The price is mid-range, and the colour is an intense black. This is my current fave mascara, and as long as they don't change the formula, I won't use anything else!!