April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by kyms999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the cover girl moisturizing pressed powder but I didn't see it listed so I decided to put my review here.
This is my Holy Grail of pressed powders, I have dry skin and this moisturizing pressed powder is heaven for me. I tend to of course use it religiously in the summer and I always have at least one at home and one in my purse, I can not be without it. I use the translucent medium and feel that it is perfect for my fairish complexion, I dont like to look too pale and this color works great.
I love the scent and I love the way the compact is nice and thin and it even fits nicely in blazer pockets, great for a touch up in the ladies room. Gotta love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 5:36:00 PM More reviews by breezes127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, I have been buying for the last 4 years & I think it works wonderful. I will try other powders but I always go back to this one. It looks good alone or over foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly a great product. I got this in translucent medium, which looks way too dark for me(ppp/lll), however it goes on very sheer, and doesn't look too dark on me.
This was very good at controlling shine and oil. I touched up about twice during the day, and it looked great. It makes my skin look smoother too :)
I took off 1 lippie because of the strong scent. This is by far the most fragrant pressed powder I have encountered. The smell is not bad though, its pleasant, I guess. I also don't like the packaging that much. Its a dark blue compact.
Overall, I will buy again.
**UPDATE** This even looks good alone! I have to swim and dont have time for foundation and this powder and concealer make my skin look great!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by autumn78

this is my hg of pressed powders.it blends well, very light and airy, and it set well on my skin tone. this powder is excellent, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by angel_bb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I use this with Maybelline Smooth Result foundation and it gives me flawless skin. I'm 36 and have fine lines. These two products are my HGs and I've tried all foundation/powder combinations from high-end to low-end. I'm a PPP with yellow undertones and I use shade Trans. Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by JA1182

I love this powder! This is the only pressed powder that actually controls my very oily skin throughout the day, and I've tried almost every powder out there. It makes my skin look a lot smoother also, and doesn't cling to dry flakes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2003 3:36:00 PM More reviews by RubyGemZ

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to find anything special about it. It's cheap but it is what you pay for. I bought mine in Translucent and I noticed that it had caked on me and it also accentuated my dry flakes. I wish it provided some color to cover up my redness but ... no. It did a decent job absorbing the oil but like I said it did cake on me. I don't use it as much anymore and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2003 11:01:00 AM More reviews by x0x0rebeccax0x0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this is extremely mattifying and a great match for my porcelain complexion. doesnt cake at all for me. super cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2003 6:46:00 PM More reviews by geniusgurl

I loved this!!! It's absolutely perfect for oily skin if you use it properly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2003 7:03:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Simple, good, cheap powder. What else can I say? If you're looking for that, this product is it. It just works.
If you're looking for an "elegant brand" try something else like Chanel or Guerlain.