Cover Girl CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

3.8

Talc, Mineral Oil, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (Oat), Zinc Stearate, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Isopropyl Isostearate, Fragrance/Parfum, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract (Marticaria), C10 18 Triglycerides, Dimethicone, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, BHT, Quaternium 15, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 12/4/2004 12:05:00 PM

After going thru DiorSkin, YSL Matte Pressed Powder #4, MAC pressed, MAC blot powder, Stila Illuminating Pressed Poweder... I caved and went back to my 'ol high school favorite - Cover Girl. And I have got to tell you - Cover Girl Smoothers in translucent light beats them all. I really, really want to find a higher end powder that I like as much because it is a tad embarassing at my age (30) to be pulling out the CoverGirl compact. So if anyone has suggestions re: a fancy pressed powder that is equally as good, please email me. However, until such time, I am forced to admit that this stuff is great. It absorbs oil, provides natural coverage, feels light on your skin, and can be used through out the day for touch ups without ever becoming cakey. All this for under $10CDN!! **UPDATE** I have still be on a quest for a 'posh' pressed powder, even going so far as to buy Chanel's Poudre Universelle. I love Chanel's swanky compact, but the powder is mediocre to bad (more than 1 touch up & you start to see the powder in your pores - ulch). So I am back to CG Smoothers. So far this is my fave!

on 10/22/2004 3:23:00 PM

Well I caved!! I am a makeup whore.....I was tired of looking in the mirror and seeing my makeup rise above my pores and applying powder to cover it just made things worse....now I am talking about everything from cheapies to super expensive compacts....reading reviews on MUA about this I tried and I can't belive how pleased I am....I used this with the tinted moisturizer in light to medium and vola!! My skin looks great, feels great, no oil slicks and I put this on about 7:00 this morning....the compact is a pretty blue color and the smells is clean...who knew, Cover Girl????

on 8/13/2004 11:07:00 PM

I love this powder! The scent is strong but I like it. The powder is very finely milled and goes on super smooth. It has just the right amount of coverage, doesn't feel heavy at all. I like the packaging, a very deep blue color and the puff is satisfactory.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the puff for this thing.. I think it's really good for sensitive skin. Also, it does help absorb oil and it doesn't make me break out at all. It's a really light powder and it doesn't feel cakey or heavy on my face. My only complaint is that it's not enough coverage even though I only have some acne scars left. It definitely doesn't help if you have a few zits cuz it doesn't cover the redness too well.. but still, if you're just covering up some scars and want to keep your skin healthy and clean, this is the product for you.

on 6/30/2004 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's so light and airy and really works well with my foundations. The puff is great and makes application flawless. I love CG's pressed powders, they cheap and just as good as high-quality stuff!

on 6/13/2004 10:33:00 PM

Wow! I must comment on this product. I just bought this at Rite Aid about 5 hours ago. I'm not used to wearing powder so I decided to try out this one (especially because it was on sale for 5$)

When I got into the car, the first thing I did was apply it! It came with the cutest little puff which resulted in a flawless application. I was wearing it over some Covergirl Clean Makeup in Ivory, which makes my tan/wheatish skin tone look kinda chalky. But as soon as I put on the CG Smoothers, my skin tone finally looked smooth and even. It definetly helped set the foundation. I have it in light and it does wonders for my face =)

on 6/10/2004 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use the cover girl moisturizing pressed powder but I didn't see it listed so I decided to put my review here.
This is my Holy Grail of pressed powders, I have dry skin and this moisturizing pressed powder is heaven for me. I tend to of course use it religiously in the summer and I always have at least one at home and one in my purse, I can not be without it. I use the translucent medium and feel that it is perfect for my fairish complexion, I dont like to look too pale and this color works great.
I love the scent and I love the way the compact is nice and thin and it even fits nicely in blazer pockets, great for a touch up in the ladies room. Gotta love it!

on 5/9/2004 5:36:00 PM

I love this powder, I have been buying for the last 4 years & I think it works wonderful. I will try other powders but I always go back to this one. It looks good alone or over foundation.

This is truly a great product. I got this in translucent medium, which looks way too dark for me(ppp/lll), however it goes on very sheer, and doesn't look too dark on me.
This was very good at controlling shine and oil. I touched up about twice during the day, and it looked great. It makes my skin look smoother too :)
I took off 1 lippie because of the strong scent. This is by far the most fragrant pressed powder I have encountered. The smell is not bad though, its pleasant, I guess. I also don't like the packaging that much. Its a dark blue compact.
Overall, I will buy again.
**UPDATE** This even looks good alone! I have to swim and dont have time for foundation and this powder and concealer make my skin look great!

on 1/22/2004 7:50:00 PM

this is my hg of pressed powders.it blends well, very light and airy, and it set well on my skin tone. this powder is excellent, especially for the price.