December 22, 2014 | 1379 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2004 8:19:00 AM More reviews by preciousmomentss

I love the puff for this thing.. I think it's really good for sensitive skin. Also, it does help absorb oil and it doesn't make me break out at all. It's a really light powder and it doesn't feel cakey or heavy on my face. My only complaint is that it's not enough coverage even though I only have some acne scars left. It definitely doesn't help if you have a few zits cuz it doesn't cover the redness too well.. but still, if you're just covering up some scars and want to keep your skin healthy and clean, this is the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2004 3:40:00 PM More reviews by L00kitsELLEN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's so light and airy and really works well with my foundations. The puff is great and makes application flawless. I love CG's pressed powders, they cheap and just as good as high-quality stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2004 10:33:00 PM More reviews by intricate02

Wow! I must comment on this product. I just bought this at Rite Aid about 5 hours ago. I'm not used to wearing powder so I decided to try out this one (especially because it was on sale for 5$)

When I got into the car, the first thing I did was apply it! It came with the cutest little puff which resulted in a flawless application. I was wearing it over some Covergirl Clean Makeup in Ivory, which makes my tan/wheatish skin tone look kinda chalky. But as soon as I put on the CG Smoothers, my skin tone finally looked smooth and even. It definetly helped set the foundation. I have it in light and it does wonders for my face =)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2004 1:00:00 PM More reviews by kyms999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use the cover girl moisturizing pressed powder but I didn't see it listed so I decided to put my review here.
This is my Holy Grail of pressed powders, I have dry skin and this moisturizing pressed powder is heaven for me. I tend to of course use it religiously in the summer and I always have at least one at home and one in my purse, I can not be without it. I use the translucent medium and feel that it is perfect for my fairish complexion, I dont like to look too pale and this color works great.
I love the scent and I love the way the compact is nice and thin and it even fits nicely in blazer pockets, great for a touch up in the ladies room. Gotta love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2004 5:36:00 PM More reviews by breezes127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder, I have been buying for the last 4 years & I think it works wonderful. I will try other powders but I always go back to this one. It looks good alone or over foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2004 7:08:00 PM More reviews by GonnaBeARockStar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly a great product. I got this in translucent medium, which looks way too dark for me(ppp/lll), however it goes on very sheer, and doesn't look too dark on me.
This was very good at controlling shine and oil. I touched up about twice during the day, and it looked great. It makes my skin look smoother too :)
I took off 1 lippie because of the strong scent. This is by far the most fragrant pressed powder I have encountered. The smell is not bad though, its pleasant, I guess. I also don't like the packaging that much. Its a dark blue compact.
Overall, I will buy again.
**UPDATE** This even looks good alone! I have to swim and dont have time for foundation and this powder and concealer make my skin look great!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2004 7:50:00 PM More reviews by autumn78

this is my hg of pressed powders.it blends well, very light and airy, and it set well on my skin tone. this powder is excellent, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2003 2:27:00 PM More reviews by angel_bb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I use this with Maybelline Smooth Result foundation and it gives me flawless skin. I'm 36 and have fine lines. These two products are my HGs and I've tried all foundation/powder combinations from high-end to low-end. I'm a PPP with yellow undertones and I use shade Trans. Light.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by JA1182

I love this powder! This is the only pressed powder that actually controls my very oily skin throughout the day, and I've tried almost every powder out there. It makes my skin look a lot smoother also, and doesn't cling to dry flakes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2003 3:36:00 PM More reviews by RubyGemZ

I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't seem to find anything special about it. It's cheap but it is what you pay for. I bought mine in Translucent and I noticed that it had caked on me and it also accentuated my dry flakes. I wish it provided some color to cover up my redness but ... no. It did a decent job absorbing the oil but like I said it did cake on me. I don't use it as much anymore and I won't be repurchasing.