September 21, 2014 | 2118 users online

Powder - La Prairie - Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2005 3:24:00 AM More reviews by styliana

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a high quality foundation powder. it covers very well and it looks very natural on my skin. However I will not give it the highest score reason being the lack of shades. I find the colour Beige Dore not to be the perfect match for my skin .
LP powder is the best one i have tried so far and I'd probably buy it again but I will try the Versace one first. Hoping for better shades !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2004 9:38:00 PM More reviews by diachu21

I believe this is the second product I have purchased from this line after the caviar foundation. The simpliest way I can put this is Perfection with a light hand. This beats out Shiseidos Powdery Foundation IMO. I have this in cameo and Beige Dore.

the best way to achive near perfect skin with protection is using Shiseido SunStick spf 36 underneath this foundation. With a dusting of a translucent powder then applyt LP powdery foundation is the simpliest and the fasted way of near perfection. I have gotton numerous compliments by using this technique.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2004 9:53:00 PM More reviews by masonf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG powder foundation!!! I've tried them all Lancome dual finish too oily and greasy, Chanel too thick and chalky and made dry spots (on my oily skin) look awful, Clinique didn't blend but this is the best. Blends well and doesn't make dry spots or oily spots worse than they already are and is great for my pink undertones. I can't say enough good things about this powder...it made my skin look perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2004 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ae0003

Uh...can you say "air-spun silk?" Absolute HG powder foundation, and I've tried them ALL. Ivoire. Simply beautiful. This product has renewed my interest in La Prairie, which I haven't used in 20 years; I think now my skin is ready. Ya git whatcha pay fer. :>)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2004 2:34:00 PM More reviews by gtaStat

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favourite powder foundation. I use Beige Dore which is the perfect shade whether summer or winter. It has a wonderful finish. The only complaint I have is the lack of shade selection. They need to have a selection for women with darker skin. Otherwise, an excellent quality product. I will go back to this when I run out of my Paula Dorf oil free liquid foundation. I think I prefer using the La Prairie powder during the warmer months, and using a liquid during the winter.
This compact is also much bigger than most on the market. It will last a very long time! I suppose it is worth the price. I found mine on Ebay. Love it! :) UPDATE: This is by far the best powder foundation I've ever used. Now my HG after trying several other brands. It is worth the $$ since the compact is huge and lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2004 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sjg123

Really like this compact a lot. Used to use the Shisheido compact from the pureness line but found it was a little drying. The finish from the la Prairie powder is outstanding. Best finish I've seen. If it is really hot I sometimes find it runs and clumps a little at the sides of my nose but it is easy to touch up. I use the lightest color which by itself is too light but I use a little of the La Prairie Bonzing powder duo over the top which looks great

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2004 2:45:00 AM More reviews by SoniaVoguette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fabuolous, fabulous product. Very velvety. I gave it four lipsticks though as it has a very limited colour range. If you can find a colour that matches you, you will adore this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2004 12:28:00 PM More reviews by JennRB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this so much but at the same time I'm having a few problems with it. Its good points are that it offers excellent coverage and it doesn't look horribly cakey. I didn't get oily on my T-zone or turn orange. This can be put on haphazardly and it still looks great; I can do my face in no time with this product. But-I think it was responsible for giving me clogged pores when I was using it as an all-over foundation.I laid off using it for awhile, and my clogged pores disappeared; however, this powder slowly crept its way back into my make-up regime. I now use it sparingly and only to spot cover if needed. My other problem with this is the color: it's slightly too pink for me. While it's not as pink-toned as other foundations I've seen, I am yellow-toned (MAC C2-C3)so there was a bit of a contrast. I bought this in Cameo, but I think if I purchase this again I will try the Beige Dore. The Cameo worked fine in the late winter, but I have a little color now. Overall a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2004 11:05:00 PM More reviews by teenysquirrel

I really really wanted to like this. The problem is the limited selection of colors. I'm asian chick w/med, warm complexion & the closest one was natural beige. I thought it matched me, but the next day, when i tried for the 1st time all over my face it simply was too dark for me. (I usually use Giorgio Armani and their color matches me very naturally. Shiseido & Becca are pretty good,too) Anyways, I liked the velvety texture and the cool silver container, but what's the point when my face is all fake beigy mask.The lighter shade b4 natural beige is even more pinker. Plus this foundation/powder is 2X more $$$ than other brands. I guess the quality's great..but..I had to return it that very day. SIgh~ My search for the perfect foundation continues...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2004 7:47:00 PM More reviews by melchu84

Though the packaging was beautiful and the compact smelled rosey, the powder just didn't do it for me. My skin is yellow-toned and eventhough la praire did a good job of matifying my face, it was a lil too pinkish and sorta created a powdery layer. One more thing to add is that for anyone with an oily complexion, this seems like it would do the trick.