La Prairie Cellular Treatment Foundation Powder

4.4

New Ingredients (Rectangular Compact): Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Myristate?Polymethyl Methacrylate?Squalane?Methicone?Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Beta-Glucan, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Rosa Canina (Dog Rose) Extract, Calluna Vulgaris (Heather) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract, Kaolin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Silk (Serica) Powder, Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben?Propylparaben?Fragrance (Parfum)?Benzyl Alcohol???, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

I am a Stila "a", MAC NC15, LM porcelain, Chantecaille alabaster, Armani MSF/LSF #2 and porcelain/ivory/lightest in most foundations. I chose this powder in ivoire, which is the lightest shade available. Unfortunately it's a tad darker than I'd like it to be and only suits my summer skin, but will be half a shade too dark for winter.

I own the following powder foundations for comparison: Stila IPF 10 watts, Versace ECC V2000, Chantecaille Shell, Armani #2. The finish of the LP powder foundation when used dry is comparable to Versace and Armani, also in terms of coverage. It's maybe just a tad heavier because of the talc content. When applied wet I like it as much as my Versace and better than the Armani, since that one goes a little orange if I use a moist sponge. Stila IPF provides a shimmery finish wet and dry, so it doesn't really compare to LP at all. The Chantecaille powder can't be used wet (at least it doesn't work for me) and if I use it dry I like it better than the LP, since I can pile it on without looking chalky. So, the LP powder foundation is up there with my other favourites, but I couldn't say I like it any better than the others. I have to be careful not to apply too much, but when I get it right it provides flawless looking skin. (You still need concealer for pimples though). I have experienced no breakouts or rashes, although I have sensitive combo skin.

The packaging is really nice- signature LP silver compact that opens into a separate sponge and a powder compartment. This also comes with a protective blue pouch and an extra sponge, which I think is a good idea. The price is Euro 55 here in Austria and the only reason I am not sure I will repurchase this. On one hand I like it a lot, but on the other hand it doesn't beat the other foundations I have and most of them come at a cheaper price. continued >>

The texture is great but I am an asian women and I didn't find a color that matches my yellow undertone skin ...

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a few months now, and I am in love!!! Based on the reviews here, I purchased this, and I’m soooo glad that I did… I use this in Ivoire, and whether I apply it wet or dry, it gives me natural looking, long-lasting coverage. This is also perfect for anyone with oily skin… The only downside to this product is its price, but it really is worth every penny… (I am not someone who would normally shell out $55.00 for foundation)... I have tried MAC, Body & Soul, Stila, Lancome and Chanel powder foundations, and was continuously disappointed… None of them came close to this… I finally decided to stop throwing money away on “cheaper” foundations, and I have repurchased this about 5 times… If you are looking for a powder foundation that actually works as well as liquid foundation, and can find a color match, try this…

This is a pretty good powder foundation. I use Natural Beige for my fair-medium Asian skin. It's a little too dark during the winter, but during the summer it's a pretty good match. I usually just dust a little bit all over my face and that's all. The coverage is good. I do wish they had more color options so I could find my perfect match. The Beige Dore is the closest to my skin color but has a little bit more rose color in it than I would like.

I have been using Aveda's Dual Powder Base Minus Oil until they reformulated it (now called Inner Lights??) and the new formulation caused allergic reaction. Tried going back to liquid makeup but spoiled by powder foundation. Found this website, purchased La Prairie's Foundation Powder and LOVE IT.. I have very fair skin so the Beige Dore may be 1 shade too dark so may try 1 shade lighter next time. I agree could be more shade options BUT it blends so well and is so silky, most could get away w/a couple of different shades.

This is a high quality foundation powder. it covers very well and it looks very natural on my skin. However I will not give it the highest score reason being the lack of shades. I find the colour Beige Dore not to be the perfect match for my skin .
LP powder is the best one i have tried so far and I'd probably buy it again but I will try the Versace one first. Hoping for better shades !

I believe this is the second product I have purchased from this line after the caviar foundation. The simpliest way I can put this is Perfection with a light hand. This beats out Shiseidos Powdery Foundation IMO. I have this in cameo and Beige Dore.

the best way to achive near perfect skin with protection is using Shiseido SunStick spf 36 underneath this foundation. With a dusting of a translucent powder then applyt LP powdery foundation is the simpliest and the fasted way of near perfection. I have gotton numerous compliments by using this technique.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG powder foundation!!! I've tried them all Lancome dual finish too oily and greasy, Chanel too thick and chalky and made dry spots (on my oily skin) look awful, Clinique didn't blend but this is the best. Blends well and doesn't make dry spots or oily spots worse than they already are and is great for my pink undertones. I can't say enough good things about this powder...it made my skin look perfect!

Uh...can you say "air-spun silk?" Absolute HG powder foundation, and I've tried them ALL. Ivoire. Simply beautiful. This product has renewed my interest in La Prairie, which I haven't used in 20 years; I think now my skin is ready. Ya git whatcha pay fer. :>)

This is my favourite powder foundation. I use Beige Dore which is the perfect shade whether summer or winter. It has a wonderful finish. The only complaint I have is the lack of shade selection. They need to have a selection for women with darker skin. Otherwise, an excellent quality product. I will go back to this when I run out of my Paula Dorf oil free liquid foundation. I think I prefer using the La Prairie powder during the warmer months, and using a liquid during the winter.
This compact is also much bigger than most on the market. It will last a very long time! I suppose it is worth the price. I found mine on Ebay. Love it! :) UPDATE: This is by far the best powder foundation I've ever used. Now my HG after trying several other brands. It is worth the $$ since the compact is huge and lasts forever!