October 25, 2014 | 1253 users online

Foundations - SKII - Air Touch Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by kerrilberri

I bought this yesterday after reading all the rave reviews. I was very skeptical at first because I have tried dozens of foundations that made promises but never delivered. Anyhow, I ran up to Bloomingdales (they carry 6 colors there). After finding my perfect shade (4) I stood there and watched my skin transform as the SA applied this miracle spray on to my face. I can not say enough about this foundation. It made my skin look comepletely flawless. I used it over my normal foundation (prescriptives virtual matte) and concealer as more of a finishing spray. I thought I would need more coverage than this alone because I have a lot of dark spots on several areas of my face from sundamage and hormones. I am going to try it alone tomorrow though and give an update to see if it could handle the job. UPDATE...I did try this on it's own and for me, I feel I need a bit more coverage. I like a very polished look though. I did notice after a few days that it made me break out a bit so I am no longer using it everyday. Also, it doesn't last all day on me as my skin is very oily (I get about 4 good hours out of it before it starts seeping in to my pores) but I still love the overall look of it and will definitely buy it again and again...Just have to save it for the weekends. For that I am removing one lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by tuyetroi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Would I buy this product again? YES!! Of course.. I love this stuff.

I bought the foundation in OP-1, goes well with my skintone, makes me look like a porcelain doll.

This stuff is so easy to apply too! I spray this in horizontal lines moving up and down my face for about 3 layers.. on usual... and then I do blush + contouring powder .. and then I do another layer of foundation.

Sounds like a lot but I have bad skin.. and the foundation is sheer but buildable.

The day I started using this foundation, I went to visit family I hadn't seen in awhile and they asked if I had had work done. :D Awesome. Perfect. this is exactly what makeup should do.

I think I'll be getting the foundation in OP3 for summer, when I start to tan...

Staying power : great, stays on all day, perfectly.

I usually moisturize my face with a thin layer of vaseline before using this foundation to get a 'dewy' look.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by marriedarockstar

I'm on the fence with this one. It does make my skin look baby soft, yet I don't feel like it gives the kind of dramatic outcome I expected. I definitely don't think it is worth what it costs! I'm still debating whether or not I would buy this again, just because it does tend to wear off on me by the end of the day. I do love how natural it looks on me, and how easy it is to use, but this product really is a toss up for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lmarps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff!
    I bought the #3 and am an NC 30. Blends perfectly!
    I purchased this along with many other products and have to say that I may no longer need the foundation since the line is doing great things for my skin. What I love about this most is that it has some of the Treatment Essence in the foundation. It's more than just a foundation!
    Run out and buy it now!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Kinkybabe

A SUPERB SK-II Airtouch video is now put up on YouTube and I hope those who bought/planning to buy their SK-II AirTouch Machine from Japan might find this useful with regards to setting it up! Here's the link:

REVIEW

Finally took the plurge today and bought it from Selfridges for GBP 85!!!!! I only worn it several times now and I still have to say it gives the most natural finish that I have ever experience from any products! Because it is so natural, I have to agree with the previous reviews that it does require relatively clear skin to archieve amazing results with this product! I am currently wearing the BR-6 shade and it matches my NC 35 skin perfectly. For those who have light-tan/asian skin tone, this is the perfect shade. I seriously can't imagine that this shade would suit any darker-skin tone though!

For those who have several blemishes that you want to cover, use a good concealer, then use loose powder before you use the SKII Airtouch should be able to archieve a natural medium coverage. Despite the amazing finish, I am still left with one big concern with regards to whether I will broke out with the high concentration of silicone formulated in this foundation. I also have not been able to find out the ingredients list online and so I will also post it here for those who are interested:

Propylene Glycol. Cyclopentasiloxane. Titanium Dioxide. Trimethysiloxysilicate. Boron Nitride. Polymethysilsesquioxane. Talc. PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone. Saccharomycopsis ferment Filtrate. Butylene Glycol. Methicone. Dimethicone. Disteardimonium Hectorite. Aqua/Water/EAU. PolyGlyceryl-4 Isostearate. Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone. Hexyl Laurate. Propylene Carbonate. Sodium Acetate. Methylparaben. Cl 77492. Cl 77491. Cl 77499 / Iron Oxides.

PS If you think this review is of any use to you, click the 'YES' button below to let me know. THANKS for reading my review!

50 out of 53 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

OK so I went to get one after reading all the raves about it.
    Expensive, yes, I bought a lot of lousy video games that's $80 a pop & hardly played it. To begin with, I am a Mac NC 30 in winter; NC 40 summer, I can use NW25 pretty well all year round. I got the OP3, it looks exactly my skin color as it sprays on a white paper, however, on my skin, it looks WHITE & FLAT. So I took it back & exchanged for the BR6, wow, if I have enough of this on & frozen to death, you will see me as fallen asleep. It does not really match my skin now (winter) but does it ever give it a glow !!! So natural, so poreless. I spray some on my forearm, & 1.5 days later, it is still there, amazing. Having said that, I am avoiding to spray around my eye area, inner & outer corner especially, also the concave places like the bottom of nose. Maybe my technique will improve with practices. Its a fun item, although I can still achieve the same result with Trublend cream foundation on face & mineral powder on the T zone. But the SK II airbrush will be longer lasting though. Somehow I wonder if spending more money is a kind of self- hynotize (penny for thoughts). And YES, YES, I will definitely repurchase.
    EDIT: after 3 days of using it, I am changing it to 5 lippies. Its not psychological b/c of the high price. I use less of my regular foundation & do a light spray of Air Touch on top, wait 5-10 minutes. Look in the mirror, I don't believe that was my skin !!! The glow ... the perfection .....

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2008 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Holisticmassage

It's not as wonderful as I thought it would be from all the great reviews but the main benefit is it's so easy, convenient and fun to use. It takes less than 30 seconds, no sponges, powders or using my fingers. There are probably other foundations that look better but it doesn't really look like you're wearing foundation which is nice. If you have little hairs on your face it will stick to them and make them more noticeable. No marks from blending or demarkation lines and it didn't make be break out. You do have to use a little bit of concealer on red blemishes first since there isn't alot of coverage but I have mild rosacea and it covered that. At first it's a bit wet feeling while it's drying but once it dries, it and stays on all day. You really do have to keep it at least 4 inches away for the best look.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by MadameParfum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best foundation I've ever used. Makes my skin look amazing. Took a few tries to get the technique right. Important to wait 15-20 minutes for it to dry/set on your face before applying powder or any other makeup. Helps minimize my pores and hides the fine lines under my eyes. I love it b/c it makes my skin look younger. It honestly gives me the complexion I had in my 20s - unfortunately it doesnt fix the sagging jowls and double chin so I'm not fooling anyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Clarabella3982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wished that this product was suitable for oilier skins. It had bad staying power on my super oily skin. The coverage was very good actually, and my pores were really diminished. Maybe I need a powder to go over it? I tried it over the counter at Harrods and it seemed shiny first on which worried me. It became better until about 3 hours later when my shine showed thru again. Will give it a second try, but am not optimistic.
    The device itself is really cool and when you spray the foundation on it feels like someone blowing gently on your face!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Isabella07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product based off of all the great buzz about it, and boy, is it the best thing ever.

I am fair and have pink undertones. I tried this spray today, and I thought it made my skin look perfect, it makes it look like your skin is poreless, I had skin that looked like a perfect english rose complexion.
    After applying, I went out to dinner and while I was in the bathroom, a lady (who was staring at me) told me, "You have the prettiest complexion I have ever seen" , later that night, I stopped by Barnes & Nobles, and while walking towards the cafe, a older man walked past me, smiling, he said, "You're so pretty". I have never received compliments on my skin ever, until now and its all due to this miracle product.

Believe the hype, this type of spray foundation will make your complexion glow and look like the skin of a baby. It will work on every skin type. So if you want the look of perfect skin (that doesn't look like you have obvious looking base on) this is the product for you. It will make you look as good as a Hollywood celebrity, finally, a product that gave me a perfect english complexion -after years of trying to find makeup that would do so.

Also, I forgot to add that my complexion (w/ this spray foundation) blew away my husband, he told me that it makes me look like I have a face of a porcelain doll.
    This product is truly life changing, well worth $150 bucks.
    When you buy it, I promise you that you won't be able to take your eyes off your mirror, you'll get lost just looking at your dreamy complexion (absolutely no pores a perfect porcelain doll complexion).